RealFootball365 really needs to go off the main page

Beerball

Did we suddenly get a dome? Are the teams we'll be playing in November/December only warm weather or dome teams?

Would we play a "home" game in a dome in december against a warm weather team? (I know that's irrelevant to the main point, but it still pisses me off) :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, was thinking the same thing last time I read an 'article' on it, and realized that it was an amateur; very indulgent with himself, boring, and loaded with opinion, hyperbole, filler, with little based on evidence, facts, or lacking sound analysis of evidence if it is presented. I agree that it just gets in the way of the legitimate stuff.

What annoys me most is that often the topics seem intriguing, in part because of some of the negative qualities I mention, but then I see that it is RealFootball365 and realize that it won't be very good, very satisfying. I read it for a while, giving it a chance, but not now.

I quit reading this douchebag's articles, but everyday since we signed T.O. this moron Anthony Bialy has had a post about T.O., mainly negative. There are plenty of hop topics going on and this idiot continues his tirade over T.O.

Do we need to e-mail the moderators on TBD to get RF365 off of the main page?

I quit reading this douchebag's articles, but everyday since we signed T.O. this moron Anthony Bialy has had a post about T.O., mainly negative. There are plenty of hop topics going on and this idiot continues his tirade over T.O.

If you hate the guy's writing so much, just stop reading it. If enough people do that, he will go away.

If you hate the guy's writing so much, just stop reading it. If enough people do that, he will go away.

I actually enjoy talking to the other people who comment on there, I just wish RF365 would get a different writer for the Bills or TBD could stop posting RF365's articles on the main page.

I actually enjoy talking to the other people who comment on there, I just wish RF365 would get a different writer for the Bills or TBD could stop posting RF365's articles on the main page.

So you enjoy going there but you want it taken off TBD?

It seems to me you really just want them to get a different writer, which I agree with. But that means you are lobbying in the wrong place and for the for thing. Rather, e-mail the moderators at RF365.

I don't like Bialy's work either, but I support TBD posting all the Bills material out there. I feel like I can decide for myself what I like and what I don't. And I don't click on what I don't like.

Don't bother, because we have no say over what gets posted up front.

Other than that ... no comment.

When Anthony Bialy took over, the articles went to sh@t. Connor used to write good articles about the Bills.

Agreed. Bialy is just as negative, if not moreso, than any of the posters here, including yours truly. He really writes like a neighborhood hack and rarely has anything new to say that hasn't been beaten to death already. Boo hiss.

Hey Lori/Scott/Simon...

If you don't have control of the front page.... who does? :devil:

Anyways - how about if it used Icons or something to depict a "News Story" vs a Blog vs an Op/Ed piece (like Sully)...

I think there's a place for them - but everyone should recognize sites like those aren't actual news stories, but pure conjecture so as not to be angered by them.

I could create blogsphere site and start "reporting"... that wouldn't make it valid...

Chris Brown - while a blogger predominently, at least has a bit of actual "news" most of the time rather than being strictly based on conjecture and opinion.

Hey Lori/Scott/Simon...

If you don't have control of the front page.... who does? :lol:

Anyways - how about if it used Icons or something to depict a "News Story" vs a Blog vs an Op/Ed piece (like Sully)...

I think there's a place for them - but everyone should recognize sites like those aren't actual news stories, but pure conjecture so as not to be angered by them.

I could create blogsphere site and start "reporting"... that wouldn't make it valid...

Chris Brown - while a blogger predominently, at least has a bit of actual "news" most of the time rather than being strictly based on conjecture and opinion.

Agreed :devil:

Hey Lori/Scott/Simon...

If you don't have control of the front page.... who does? :devil:

Moderating privileges do not extend to the front page of TBD. I can thumbtack my previews and such on there by using the "top story" tag in our software, but the news feed is entirely in the hands of the Bills Beat crew. (And based on the number of times I tried -- and failed -- to get said previews posted out front before the redesign, I'm assuming my thoughts don't hold much weight with them.)

Along the lines of what you're suggesting, maybe the fan-site stories could be set up in their own section, like the opposing team's hometown media is during game weeks? Might be worth considering ... but again, I'm out of the loop on that.

Although his affiliation with the team has to raise the question of just how objective he's allowed to be in his reporting, Brown is still a professional journalist. I believe Tim Graham's official title is "blogger," too ...

Here are my opinions of this RealFootball365.com site:

1) The guy looks like a fag in his picture, so when you read his column and wonder why his views are kinda faggy, thats why...

2) This guy is really clueless about football, but thinks he knows a lot

3) Half of his posts either make little to no sense, or he takes a side of things to just create drama...seems like he needs to be a drama queen(drag queen perhaps?)...again, see number 1

4) Please tell him to stop posting such rubbish...

To end, just like he does so often:

{Gets his arm up halfway, uses a limp wrist, bending forward, and I now say with a lisp} "I'm just here to share my views"

WTF is that crapola? Did we suddenly get a dome? Are the teams we'll be playing in November/December only warm weather or dome teams? Did Jauron come out and say we're a pass first team? Does being a 'pass first' team necessarily hurt Lynch?

There's no reason for that schlock to be pegged on the front page IMHO.

I have been saying that for years. When I was editor of TBD I did not post any of those personal blogs but it did not prevent others from doing so.

So you enjoy going there but you want it taken off TBD?

It seems to me you really just want them to get a different writer, which I agree with. But that means you are lobbying in the wrong place and for the for thing. Rather, e-mail the moderators at RF365.

I don't like Bialy's work either, but I support TBD posting all the Bills material out there. I feel like I can decide for myself what I like and what I don't. And I don't click on what I don't like.

Finally, somebody with some sense. If you don't like it, don't read it. Occasionally Bialy has a good point...even if he has a questionable writing style.

Finally, somebody with some sense. If you don't like it, don't read it. Occasionally Bialy has a good point...even if he has a questionable writing style.

A majority of Bialy's articles, I either read the topic line or maybe a few lines of the 1st paragraph and that's about as far as I get. Rarely does Bialy have a good article, I just mainly comment with the other guys that post on there. The last writer, Connor Byrne was a decent writer and I liked his articles. Believe it or not, Bialy actually had a good article on Peters today. But, it will probably be weeks or months until he writes another good one.