Who has the most to gain w/ T.O.?

Is it Evans who will lose the Double Coverage? Maybe.

Is it T.O. who will shine as our #1a WR?

Is it Edwards, who now has real legit WR's who should be more open?

Or, is it Marshawn Lynch - who shouldn't face 8 in the box every play?

I think it will be Lynch who breaks out this year - assuming he puts down the bong, leaves his guns at home, and gets a designated driver.

The biggest problem I see w/ TO is that it generally takes time for a QB/WR to develop their timing, and with a 1 year contract - will they have enough commitment to accomplish that in a very short period?

I don't think he'll be a cancer in the lockerroom, call me naive, but if he did that, he'd be writing off his next seasons, and he seems like he is smart enough to know better than that.

Edwards already said what needs to be said - TO wants to win, maybe for selfish reasons, but he wants to win and is very passionate about that. I'd much rather see passion than apathy.

The other arguement you can make is that the D will also benefit. If lik eyou pointed out, the offense clicks. We finally get to watch a consistant pro offense move the ball control the clock and score points, then the D gets rest and we dont have to watch the opposing team go on 70 yd drives in the fourth quarter to seal a victory. This happened in to many games last year.

Dick Jauron has the most to gain and the absolute least to lose. Trent is second with the most to gain. He can show the fans that he is more than just a JP replacement. Of course if he flounders with this group, he will bury himself and even the biggest homers couldn't argue it. I think everyone knows Evans and Lynch are solid to above average players.

In terms of money or stats?

Edwards has the most to gain considering his contract isn't far from expiring. If he goes off and shows the promise he displayed early this past season, he'll get a huge raise.

Evans could gain a lot in the statistics department but he got his contract, so outside of stats and respect, I can't see much else going his way.

Lynch? May not even play the first few games, so maybe Freddy Jackson could go buck wild and put up some lofty numbers (when was the last time we had a running back with a 100 yard game EARLY in the season? seems like it's been too long)

Dick Jauron has the most to gain and the absolute least to lose. Trent is second with the most to gain. He can show the fans that he is more than just a JP replacement. Of course if he flounders with this group, he will bury himself and even the biggest homers couldn't argue it. I think everyone knows Evans and Lynch are solid to above average players.

While I think this is a low-risk move for the Bills, it just might be a high-risk move for Jauron and/or Trent. While I am hoping this thing works to help turn things around, I would hope it spells the demise of DJ, if it doesn't. And, as long as the O Line is respectable, this is really Trent's year to show what he is capable of.

I think that everyone will benefit equally from Owens' presence on the field. Lee will be freed up from the double and triple teaming. They will have to respect the passing game more with that leaving more holes in the line for Lynch and Jackson. I think this turns the heat up on Trent though. If he doesn't show a major improvement this year with the weapons he has at his disposal, it just may end in his disposal. :thumbsup:

I think it will be Lynch who breaks out this year - assuming he puts down the bong, leaves his guns at home, and gets a designated driver.

Cue the Johnny Cash boom-chicka guitar…

Don't take your guns to town son

Leave your guns at home, Lynch

Don't take your guns to town

While I think this is a low-risk move for the Bills, it just might be a high-risk move for Jauron and/or Trent. While I am hoping this thing works to help turn things around, I would hope it spells the demise of DJ, if it doesn't. And, as long as the O Line is respectable, this is really Trent's year to show what he is capable of.

For Jauron it's a low risk move because he is on borrowed time. If it doesn't work out, he gets canned and probably has already come to terms with that. For Edwards, failure is severely damaging to his career. IMO

For Jauron it's a low risk move because he is on borrowed time. If it doesn't work out, he gets canned and probably has already come to terms with that. For Edwards, failure is severely damaging to his career. IMO

If Trent can't make it with TO, Evans and Lynch, he should look for another line of work. TO helped make Romo a star. (It melted down later, but in year #1, he was Romo's best friend, in Tony's first year as a starter.)

Dick Jauron should be thrilled with having TO, IMO. It gives the Bills at least some chance to reach the postseason. If they don't reach the postseason most people think Jauron will be gone. He will never be a head coach again. If they do reach the postseason, Jauron will have "proved" to everyone he could do it and will be back again next year. Also, even if there is a minor squabble or two with TO, Jauron will have "proved" he could handle TO better than previous coaches, and he will get some credit for that also.

Trent's success should improve next year with TO, although the line will have to be solid also, and Trent himself must play like he did early last year. If Trent has a good year, even if TO complains a little bit, Trent will be viewed as continuing his progression. So the TO move should be good for Trent as well. If Trent has a terrible year it won't likely be because of TO and he will face major questions about his future.

The rest of the team I think will benefit from TO because we need more of a kick butt mentality on this team, refusing to accept defeat. Refusing to accept defeat is considered a major part of "character" in a competitive world.

I think Lynch, Reed and Roscoe will be the biggest benefactors.

Lynch for the fact that it'll take an extra man out of the box(Hell maybe now we can run an efficient draw play). Roscoe has the speed and moves to humiliate most LB/SS in the league so good luck covering him when you have your better guys on Owens and Evans. Reed has the ability and experience to get open over the middle as well as having a nose for the first down marker so a 4WR set gives you a sh!tload of options.

The Bills stand the most to win, but as far as players are concerned.

I think Trent, Jauron and T.O have the largest stake at hand.

If T.O has a big year, his legacy is in tact, he is seen as someone who makes a difference and he gets paid mega dollars next year.

If Trent Edwards has a good year, he will stay as the qb and will get a huge contract.

If the Bills make the playoff, he keeps his job.

As far as player stats are concerned, Trent Edwards could benefit tremendously.

Josh Reed I believe will benefit statistically as much as anyon other than Trent Edwards. I see him with over 70 receptions this year, I believe the short intermediate route will be open all day long.

Lee Evans will benefit if we decide to throw the ball over the top, you would have to believe that defenses will be double teaming much less with their safety's than before.

Marshawn Lynch and Freddy Jackson should have lots of 7 man fronts, if we our O-Lineman block decent, then they should have very strong years, and considering T.O and Josh Reed are excellent blockers this should only help, and just imagine if we get Pettigrew.

T.O statistically, I don't see him having a tremendous year, maybe 1000 yards receiving 10 td's, which I would be very happy. I think more than anything his value that T.O has to gain, is that he can help a team get to the playoffs, show that he can still produce and not be a locker room cancer.