Pats respond to TO with Springs and Bodden

Hyphe23

They're a smart organization.

yup.

Miami right now must be quaking their boots. They need to address their DB's badly, specially after losing their starting DB. My guess is that they will go DB with their first pick.

I'm starting to like our matchups with them through the air. Now we just got to get Peters in Camp so he can block Porter. MoFo killed us last year

Bodden is pretty talented, so it's a good signing.

Bodden is nothing, and Springs is old, very injury prone and slow. I will take our receivers against their secondary every day if Trent can figure everything out. If we can get a downfield tight end threat in the draft, we will be set.

The only thing actually true in that statement is "injury prone". Springs is actually 16 months younger then TO...

SSDD

34 is OLD for a cornerback. While it does not necessarily make him too old and slow to play the position at a high level, I have watched him locally since he has been in Washington and he has been injured often. When healthy, he is a shell of his former self. He is definitely past it which is why the Redskins dumped him. The difference with TO at that age is that although he does not appear to be 100% of his prime career self, he still plays at a very high level. That is unsual for either a WR or a CB at 35. I do not really know the other guy (Bodden) but Springs is mediocre at best.

According to PFT the Patriots followed up the Springs signing with Leigh Bodden. I still like our WR's in that matchup, I just thought it was interesting how they responded to our signing.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the TO signing and all to do with the fact that they need CB's period.

Bodden is nothing, and Springs is old, very injury prone and slow. I will take our receivers against their secondary every day if Trent can figure everything out. If we can get a downfield tight end threat in the draft, we will be set.

Remember he has issues w. 3-4 defenses

Maybe it has nothing to do with the TO signing and all to do with the fact that they need CB's period.

I think it is fair to say that T.O influenced the decision to address this area just a little bit quicker