Kyle Williams speaks very highly of Demetrius Bell

Fingon

Personally, I think they should take the best o lineman period. There's no reason in a draft this deep with centers and tackles, we can't find a player who could be switched to guard.

Switching a player from tackle to guard is not that easy. The footwork and blocking schemes are dramatically different. There's a whole lot of things you do on the interior line that a tackle does not do on the outside. Centers, however, can be switched, though it is not always a smooth transition. If Buffalo could draft Alex Mack in the second or third round (though likely it would have to be the former) we could move Hangartner over to G and start Mack at C. I just don't think there's a OG or C that is worth a first round pick in this draft. There are a few worth seconds and thirds though, and I think that the Bills should and will likely use one on the position at that time. Assuming they don't bring in another FA to fill the void. I still think that Kendall Simmons is a good, and likely option for the team.

Speaking of DT, what's the latest with McCargo?

As far as I know, he is still under contract with the Bills, until he is cut or is traded. He has a lot of talent, the problem was motivation. Maybe, just maybe, that trade deal that didn't work out last year will motivate him to play harder this season and get more reps. He never was the same after that foot injury though.

As far as I know, he is still under contract with the Bills, until he is cut or is traded. He has a lot of talent, the problem was motivation. Maybe, just maybe, that trade deal that didn't work out last year will motivate him to play harder this season and get more reps. He never was the same after that foot injury though.

I'm surprised we didn't release him...we're going to need another DT.

Agreed but I'm not sold on these DEs at the top. hopefully, i'm wrong.
Out of the players projected to be taken relatively early, here's my take:

Orakpo will be gone at #11.

Everette Brown looks like potentially a good fit.

Tyson Jackson is actually too big; he's a better fit as a 3-4 DE than in the Bills scheme.

Maybin and English are probably too small; better suited to be 3-4 OLBs.

I'm surprised we didn't release him...we're going to need another DT.

Honestly, i'd like to see what he can do during training camp and preseason. He was not on the best of terms with Bill Kollar, and this is the defining moment in his career. If he doesn't perform he could be out of the league.

Honestly, i'd like to see what he can do during training camp and preseason. He was not on the best of terms with Bill Kollar, and this is the defining moment in his career. If he doesn't perform he could be out of the league.

Agreed. I think the problem was more with Kollar than anything else. I watched the guy play for four years at NC State, and he was a beast. Mario Williams was a better player with him in the middle there. He started to show some signs early last year, but then he stopped getting playing time, either due to injury or personnel decisions. Either way, I'd like to see what he can do in camp, assuming the Bills haven't cut him by that time.

If he can't handle it then what? I'd love to see the kid workout and get the job but they have to have a solid backup plan.

I am, from pure smugness, pointing out I raised this issue to general ridicule in another thread weeks ago.

The blind squirrel has gotten it's nut!!!!

Sometimes the worm just has to turn.

Not every player needs to be found in free agency or the early rounds of the draft, many of your best players aren't. Look at Peters who went undrafted.

I did not realize that Bell was the son of Karl Malone. His profile sounds a lot like Peters, very athletic, strong, a ton of upside, good feet - played some basketball, basically a diamond in the rough.

Who knows...

If Buffalo could draft Alex Mack in the second or third round (though likely it would have to be the former) we could move Hangartner over to G and start Mack at C.

Mack in the third? Yeah, let's get Everette Brown in the fourth, too.

The probability of Mack being there even in the second for us is very low.

But I tought D. Bell was weak....at least that is what I keep hearing here.... :blink:

Personally I think he is being groomed for left tackle

Considering they're trying to extend Peters and Walker has 3 years left on his contract, I'd say RT.

Speaking of DT, what's the latest with McCargo?

from what ive read ( and dont ask me to link it cuz they definatly werent full articles about McCargo, and theyll be to hard to find), they said that McCargo is still in Buffalo working with strength and conditioning ppl to get back into shape ..and that , like some have allready said, the main problems he had was with Koller and the the Bills are hopeing with a new line coach McCargo can can be the DT they thought hed be when they drafted him

But I tought D. Bell was weak....at least that is what I keep hearing here....:blink:

Personally I think he is being groomed for left tackle

Considering they're trying to extend Peters and Walker has 3 years left on his contract, I'd say RT.

'Nuff said.

from what ive read ( and dont ask me to link it cuz they definatly werent full articles about McCargo, and theyll be to hard to find), they said that McCargo is still in Buffalo working with strength and conditioning ppl to get back into shape ..and that , like some have allready said, the main problems he had was with Koller and the the Bills are hopeing with a new line coach McCargo can can be the DT they thought hed be when they drafted him

Vegas odds on that happening 1 billion to 1. JMO

Mack in the third? Yeah, let's get Everette Brown in the fourth, too.

The probability of Mack being there even in the second for us is very low.

Actually I think we should take Everette Brown at number 11 if he is still there for us as a DE option. As for Mack, most projections have him going in the second, true, but there are a lot of teams that have other needs, and I have seen him going in the third round in a few projections. That being said, I think taking him in the second round would be a good pick up, and hope we can grab a solid LB in the third round.

Moving from left tackle to left gaurd is not an easy move. However for someone as young as Bell it would not be as difficult a switch as say an Orlando Pace, or another longtime starter at tackle. Look how Peters was able to go from right tackle to left tackle. Thats a much more difficult move. And from everything i have heard about Bell he has the athleticism of Peters but lacked the strength. I think he only did 225 bench 9 times at the combine. That is not very good for a linemen. So if he has gotten stronger, and kept his athleticism. He will probably by the depth we need this year. I would like to see the Bills bring in another Vet maybe for a 2 year deal, like a Simmons for left gaurd. And let Bell focus on tackle. Maybe he is Walkers replacement. If that was the case, think about those two young stud tackles. Draft one of the centers in the second or third. And pick up another later round gaurd for developement.And man you could have a good line for many years. You already have Butler at right gaurd. Just my thoughts.

Not bad thinking atl. I also forgot about Whittle. I would not be surprised to see Jason Whittle starting at LG when the season starts if they can't find anyone else to come in through FA or get a solid G prospect in the first four rounds of the draft. I see Bell as the back up right tackle if Walker gets hurt. I also agree that if Alex Mack is there in the second round, we should find a way to get him, either moving up in the second or getting him with our pick should he fall back. There is also some solid guard talent available in the later rounds. Also agree that Simmons is a good short term solution, should the Bills get him to come in and play.