Let's play "what if"...

No, I like the one year deal. It gives him a reason to behave himself to try and get more money next year.

For sure...The only comfort I would have in accepting that 3 yr $18 mill deal for him is that Cincinatti gave Coles one more year for $1 mill more a year bascially. Potential problems or not, I would still take Owens over Coles in those 3 year scenarios.

For sure...The only comfort I would have in accepting that 3 yr $18 mill deal for him is that Cincinatti gave Coles the same amount of years for $2 mill more. Potential problems or not, I would still take Owens over Coles in those 3 year scenarios.

I thought that Coles raped Cinci for 4 yrs $28 mill...

It depends on how the deal is laid out. If it's 6 mil $ a year with a 1 $ mil signing bonus, its essentially three one year deals, since we can cut him at any time without any real penalty. If it's a 6 Mil$ signing bonus, 6 Mil$ the first year, and 3 Mil$ each of the next two years, that would suck.

Pfft... :lol:

Tricky post, meant to squelch anybody who...dare... utter...OVERPAID!

:lol:

Just trying to figure out how important it is to people that he goes away at the end of the season. What if he has a 1600 yd 15 TD year?

Just trying to figure out how important it is to people that he goes away at the end of the season. What if he has a 1600 yd 15 TD year?

I don't necessarily have a problem bringing him back, as long as we keep in mind that

1. he'll be 37 years old next year.

2. he hasn't had two consecutive trouble free years since early San Fran.

and don't overpay him accordingly.

Then offer him another one-year deal. I've always been of the mindset that TO is a child, and like a child, you're better off handing out incentives in small increments so the incentive is always there. When the incentive is out of sight, guys like TO regress.

The only thing I like about the current deal is that it is for a single year.