Thurman: Bills "not done yet"

Thurman Thomas approves of the T.O. move.

He also says the Bills aren't finished with free agency.

"I definitely think they could be a playoff team this year, just with adding him," Thomas said Monday morning on The Howard Simon Show. "I know from talking to people, they aren’t done yet."

"I have been really excited about what the organization and what Mr. Wilson have done with bringing T.O. to Buffalo. Yes, I know he can be a headache sometimes, but hey, you got him for one year. Take your Tylenol, take your Advil. That’s all you got. I think it’s a great move, and it’s a move that this franchise hasn’t done since, well, really, I can’t a player made this big of a splash."

http://www.wgr550.com/Thurman--Bills--not-done-yet-/3984713

So maybe T.T. knows something!!

I love that Thomas lives in Buffalo again, with Kelly dedicated to HH, looks like he is now the spokesman for the glory years.

Just because Kelly is busy with Hunter's Hope, don't count him out as a Voice for the Bills. I still hold hope that he could gain some ownership when Ralph passes.

But it is great to hear what Thurman had to say about the TO move. I'd like to hear Kelly's take also.

I love that Thomas lives in Buffalo again, with Kelly dedicated to HH, looks like he is now the spokesman for the glory years.

I couldn't agree more. Having Thurman back in the area, and always willing to give his comments and analysis on the current team, and the obvious excitement he shows when a move like this happens, is pretty cool. I hope that he really does have a bit of inside info on the FO's plans going forward with the probability of more moves to come. This team is 1-2 more good free agent pickups and a good draft away from being a contender. Knock on wood, of course.

Just for fun...How would everyone feel about this to shape up the offseason...

-Sign Freddy Keiaho

-Extend Jason Peters

-Trade the #11 Pick and our 3rd Rounder (#75) to Philly for their #21 Pick in Round One and Second Rounder (#53)

-Draft:

1. Brandon Pettigrew TE, OK State (#21)

2. Robert Ayers DE, Tennessee (#42)

2. Eric Wood C, Louisville (#53)

4. Kraig Urbik G, Wisconsin (#106)

5. Patrick Turner WR, USC (#139)

6. Arian Foster RB, Tennessee (#170)

7. Clinton McDonald DT, Memphis St. (#202)

Any Takers?

Trading that pick would be ideal for the Bills needs. Just never seems to happen.

-Trade the #11 Pick and our 3rd Rounder (#75) to Philly for their #21 Pick in Round One and Second Rounder (#53)

-Draft:

Any Takers?

He was just on ESPN radio with Mike Trico who also loves WNY (Cuse grad) and he pretty much said the same thing.

I listened in on that as well. Pretty good interview, albiet short. I think Tirico does a great job with both his radio show and broadcasting. Him and Thurman both did a good job shedding some decent light on the city for once to a national audience. At least people have some positive views and not just Mort's negative garbage all the time.

Trading that pick would be ideal for the Bills needs. Just never seems to happen.

-Draft:

Any Takers?

Everyone fatasizes about draft day trades, invariably involving a trade down where we get the sun, moon and stars plus a golden box to put them in while the team we trade with gets a dead squirrel. Gee, now why does that never seem to happen? :lol:

Seriously, there are always a lot more teams looking to trade down than there are teams looking to trade up.

-Draft:

Any Takers?

with the garbage we presently have at DE...we better get a DE in FA if this is our draft

with the garbage we presently have at DE...we better get a DE in FA if this is our draft

Have you ever watched Ayers play at all while he was at Tennessee? The guy is a very, very good player and will develop into a beast at the next level IMO. I admit, it may even be stretching it at my part to have him still around at the #42 slot, because he could very well be gone 10-15 picks sooner. Many consider him one of the top couple ends in the draft as far as playing both the run and pass at a high level goes. A healthy Schobel, along with a guy like Ayers and Denney, who really didn't have that bad of a year last year (not anywhere near Chris Kelsay bad) gives us three quality defensive ends. Not to mention last years 3rd rounder Ellis, who is still a bit of an unknown, and Kelsay if they keep him in the fold. Where is there room for another FA defensive end if we do in fact draft a guy like Ayers or someone else (Maybin, Brown, Johnson, etc) in the first two rounds? I don't think there is the room, money, nor the need to sign another average DE in free agency considering that type of scenario. JMHO.

Everyone fatasizes about draft day trades, invariably involving a trade down where we get the sun, moon and stars plus a golden box to put them in while the team we trade with gets a dead squirrel. Gee, now why does that never seem to happen? :blink:

Seriously, there are always a lot more teams looking to trade down than there are teams looking to trade up.

Obviously that was just one of MANY potential scenarios that I presented, but one that does make sense for both teams involved in the swapping of picks. Philly is going to go hard after a tackle to replace Tra Thomas IMO, and they are going to need to trade up in the first round to get one of the elite guys, assuming one or two of them are still around at that point. And is what I presented really what you would call getting the sun, moon, and stars plus a golden box to put them in? Gimme a break. Pettigrew, Ayers, and Wood, or something very similar, being our first three picks is very possible.

I couldn't agree more. Having Thurman back in the area, and always willing to give his comments and analysis on the current team, and the obvious excitement he shows when a move like this happens, is pretty cool. I hope that he really does have a bit of inside info on the FO's plans going forward with the probability of more moves to come. This team is 1-2 more good free agent pickups and a good draft away from being a contender. Knock on wood, of course.

-Sign Freddy Keiaho

-Extend Jason Peters

-Draft:

Any Takers?

what is the infatuation with Pettigrew?

everyone wants a TE to open up the passing game

a guy that runs slower than your OL is not going to create any mismatches in the secondary.

draft Ingram - a big tall TE with speed and athleticsm

-Sign Freddy Keiaho

-Extend Jason Peters

-Draft:

Any Takers?

Like the picks-Especially the trade down-like the Eric Wood pick-Hangartner and Wood can both play Center and Guard so it gives you some versatility-this is a great Center year and i think Buffalo should pick one in the top 3 rounds. I also like passing on a high DE prospect I think guys like Ayers and Connor Barwin have the most upside.

Thought I would just put this here cause his Name came up a few times in this Thread...

DE Robert Ayers is a 1st round Draft Pick...Mike Mayock just said He's Top 15 on "Path To The Draft." I would keep an eye on that #11 spot because Ayers may just come off the Board right there to The Buffalo Bills...

We'll see... :blink: