Buffalo a 'Boring' city

>>>>>They gave hard-ass coach Dick Jauron the roster equivalent of a snake coiled beneath the paper nest of the Easter basket<<<<<

This alone renders the article not worth reading. It amazes me how a guy can be a professional sportswriter and print something this incorrect. Then again, it shouldn't.

>>>>>They gave hard-ass coach Dick Jauron the roster equivalent of a snake coiled beneath the paper nest of the Easter basket<<<<<

This alone renders the article not worth reading. It amazes me how a guy can be a professional sportswriter and print something this incorrect. Then again, it shouldn't.

Ditto .. the writer came across as shallow and resentful.

Ditto .. the writer came across as shallow and resentful.

I know. Imagine, Jauron a "hard-ass." :w00t: I can't stand his coaching system. Really, the defense makes me feel ill I despise it so much, but I even like him as a person. He seems like a nice, caring, super intelligent human being.

Bill Parcells is a hard-ass. Or Gruden, Stramm, Ditka, etc. Jauron? That is like saying Tony Dungy is a hard-ass. B-)

that was the other part of the article that was downright stupid. its clear that he really doesnt pay attention to Buffalo.... guess he really does think we're boring.

bford@phillynews.com

I think we all need to send Mr. Ford an email and remind him what people in Buffalo are like, since he's probably never visited.

Remember, Philly has a "look at me" inferiority complex that is probably 100 times bigger than buffalo, so this is there chance to dish it out

The good people of Erie County have endured more than 100 inches of snowfall this season. It was mostly lake-effect snow, but just as hard to remove from the driveway. A lot easier to shovel through, however, than the decision by the Buffalo Bills to hire Owens for the 2009 season.

Possibly the single worst paragraph of sports writing I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Ironic Philly is ripping Buffalo. Philly is not exactly a thriving metropolis either. Most of Philly is a dump....some good things but it's not exactly NYC, LA or Miami. They've got to let it go. He wanted out of Philly.......hey, TO was great in the Super Bowl....which is encouraging going up against a Belichick team he dominated them.

Ironic Philly is ripping Buffalo. Philly is not exactly a thriving metropolis either. Most of Philly is a dump....some good things but it's not exactly NYC, LA or Miami. They've got to let it go. He wanted out of Philly.......hey, TO was great in the Super Bowl....which is encouraging going up against a Belichick team he dominated them.

Really? I was just in Philly (granted, it was the better part of Philly) and I found it delightful.

Philly isn't ripping Buffalo, one douche bag writing a column ripped Buffalo. You have to discredit a guy who has this type of animosity, maybe he's concerned about where his job will be when the philly inquirer folds? I've enjoyed Philadelphia when I've visited, but you're right that there are some less than desirable places to go if you're not a serial killer (like every city, even Detroit, a "major" city).

I honestly don't care if TO likes Buffalo or not, lives there or not. He can live in the fetish/bondage room in Bill Belichick's basement (a guy wrapped that tightly surely must appreciate a good cattle prodding) as long as he plays well for us. It'd be nice if the writer took a moment or two and analyzed why the Bills might have taken a guy like TO as it relates to our passing attack, maybe then he'd understand why the gamble was taken.

Really? I was just in Philly (granted, it was the better part of Philly) and I found it delightful.

Philly is nice for the most part, I've lived here for about 5 years now, but there are bad parts that are real sketchy, too.

Since TO left here, the media jumps all over him for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! Every chance they get to take a shot at him they do it, so expect to see more and more of these articles. I'm sure that Dallas & San Fran have similar tastes in their mouths, too, but it doesn't seem as bad as what Philly gives him. I guess that it's kind of warranted because he left them to go play for their most hated rival, but most of the articles (like this one) reach so much, that it comes off as whining.

bford@phillynews.com

I think we all need to send Mr. Ford an email and remind him what people in Buffalo are like, since he's probably never visited.

Remember, Philly has a "look at me" inferiority complex that is probably 100 times bigger than buffalo, so this is there chance to dish it out

Philly:NYC as you:that little kid who is 6 years younger that is always trying to make you think he's cool, and accomplishing the exact opposite by being eternally annoying. It's worse than an inferiority complex, it's like Buddy in The Incredibles.

Smoking ban, and on and on, there are tons of examples. If NYC decided that it was OK to run around naked with your car keys hanging out of your ass, and told Philly that it was the new, liberal thing to do, Center City would be a jingling nudist colony inside of 2 months.

Of course the people in South Philly would ignore them, just like they do the smoking ban, and all the rest.

Ripping was probably too strong a word.....my point being Philly is an okay city it is just not a "Top tier" city like NYC, DC or Boston the main Big cities on the east coast. I can see Miami, LA,NYC making fun of Buffalo but Philly....not so much. It is not like Buffalo is in the middle of nowhere....there are over 10 million people an hours drive of here. Not exactly Siberia.

If most of you had bothered to read the comments, you'd see that a lot of "Philly" was actually defending the signing or at least ripping the author for being a tard. But go ahead and fire barbs back at Philadelphia and use that same broad brush that you just complained the article's douche writer was using.

I have been to Philly countless times since my daughter was admitted to law school in September. I like it a lot, but their "rough" section is huge, and it is no joke. 6 cops were shot in Philly in the last 16 or 17 months.

That said, Center City is great, and it looks like a place where a single guy could have a truly wonderful time. It is a less stuffy and sophisticated NYC, which isn't a bad thing imo.