So does Hardy give up #81?

Hardy will give it up (even though I dont think he should) and take #82(IU number) after Reed gets traded or cut

Reed stays -he will be very productive

if Hardy balks, just cut him outright and get it over with

he is a turd and waste of a roster spot

Does Hardy make the team?

Are Bills fans really this dumb...??? No team cuts their first or second round draft picks after their rookie year, especially when that player has prototypical physical traits unless he can't recover from the injury.. :thumbsup:

I think that CJ Hawthorne, Felton Huggins, Mike Jefferson, and PK Sam have something to worry about though.

CW

Reed stays -he will be very productive

if Hardy balks, just cut him outright and get it over with

he is a turd and waste of a roster spot

Really? Cut him if he won't give up a jersey number? :thumbsup:B-) B-)

Are Bills fans really this dumb...??? No team cuts their first or second round draft picks after their rookie year, especially when that player has prototypical physical traits unless he can't recover from the injury.. :thumbsup:

I think that CJ Hawthorne, Felton Huggins, Mike Jefferson, and PK Sam have something to worry about though.

CW

Thank you.

Or perhaps T.O. wears number 18?......what was his number in college?....

According to Wiki (take it FWIW) he wore #80 in college in honor of Jerry Rice.

CW

Thank you.

I was just joking. B-) I am one of the biggest TO backers here, and am thrilled with the move. I always argued he would be great here, years ago, just never thought we would pull the trigger.

I'm with you on this one. We certainly have nothing to lose.

T.O. at 6.5 million or Coles at 4 years 28 million....decisions, decisions....

Can't wait to see T.O. at camp!

:thumbsup:

I was just going to post the same thing...but decided to keep reading.

Hardy won't be cut. They might IR him, for the year, if it doesn't look like he'll be ready to contribute until late in the season, though.

Hardy won't be cut. They might IR him, for the year, if it doesn't look like he'll be ready to contribute until late in the season, though.

Owens is going to be the best thing to happen to Hardy. Hardy is going to watch TO's every move and try to emulate him. Good thing that TO works his ass off on the practice field and in the weight room. The third best part of the trade (behind opening up the offense and making the Bills relevant/interesting again) is allowing Hardy and Steve Johnson a year to mature. Watching Owens will do them a world of good, IMO, and lessen a lot of pressure on them to perform*. I don;t think they IR Hardy at all, and expect him to be active on opening day. He's allegedly ahead of schedule.

*They are not going to watch Owens' antics with the press and think this is good for me. So don't go there.

Owens is going to be the best thing to happen to Hardy. Hardy is going to watch TO's every move and try to emulate him. Good thing that TO works his ass off on the practice field and in the weight room. The third best part of the trade (behind opening up the offense and making the Bills relevant/interesting again) is allowing Hardy and Steve Johnson a year to mature. Watching Owens will do them a world of good, IMO, and lessen a lot of pressure on them to perform*. I don;t think they IR Hardy at all, and expect him to be active on opening day. He's allegedly ahead of schedule.

*They are not going to watch Owens' antics with the press and think this is good for me. So don't go there.

I said the same thing, elsewhere. Even if it is just watching TO, it should help Hardy and Johnson. Actually, I think it might help Evans, and even Reed.

Are you really this big of an a55hole...???

Hardy may be "prototypical" in your book, but he was a bad player last year. Other than being tall, he showed next to nothing. Plenty of teams cut the chord with players that suck regardless of draft position (Mike Williams). Hardy has had various off-field issues. It's not unheard of that players regress (Mike Williams). And, Hardy blew out his knee last year to top it all off. Do you know he's bouncing right back from that ahead of schedule?

So, it is just a question and some people may not be Hardy jock sniffers, like yourself.

Sometimes you are just better pulling the plug on guys. Just because they are a 2nd rounder, doesn't make them good. Let's look at some of the Bills' historic 2nd rounders:

92 - James Patten - DT - Bust

93 - John Parella - DT - Bust - didn't make it the first year

94 - Bucky Brooks - WR - Bust - tried to convert him to S his 2nd season

95 - Todd Collins - QB - Never amounted to anything

96 - Gabe Northern - DE - Tried to convert him to LB, good pass rusher, nothing else

00 - Travares Tillman - FS - Travares Who?

02/03 - Ryan Denney/Chris Kelsay - two overpaid, underachieving players who always show glimpses of potential but not enough to be an everyday starter.

Hardy showed nothing last year and is now coming off a bad injury... Put him on the PUP and let him practice.... maybe he could be a decent #3 in 2010...

he will start on the PUP list and then go to IR.

they can delay the inevitable for another year - and avoid any accountability

he will start on the PUP list and then go to IR.

they can delay the inevitable for another year - and avoid any accountability

He won't be cut next year, either, if he sits this year (unless of course, he can't recover from the injury).

He might even see time this year, but I doubt it will be until late in the season.

In no way do I think Hardy has already been deemed a "bust". One would have to be incredibly stupid to think that.