Everette Brown on ESPN's First Take

Boy, do I hope this guy falls to the Bills at #11. He was very polite during his interview, but kept saying the two things fan like to hear. One, "he is a football player" and "he wants to be one of the best". Told the interviewer he wants to be the best defensive player in the draft. Watch the interview later, it will rerun on ESPN 2 later.

He also graduated after his junior year. I'm not saying he's a brainiac but rather that it shows that he takes his responsibilities seriously.

Very good point San Jose!!

It shows he is an achiever and that he knows how to finish things that he starts. Says alot about his character.

I also agree that he is a "Football Player"

some people don't like his height, but if you see him play, he has amazing moves, and is just what this team needs.

In my view he is the best DE in the draft.

Next year would be his senior season.

However, he could still play next year as a senior had he chosen to. He would simply have to register for more classes to stay eligible.

..."Senior Everett Brown finished Saturday night’s game with two tackles for loss against Wake Forest moving him into 11th place all-time at Florida State with 30.0 career tackles for loss. "...".

http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/.../092008aaf.html

Some sort of reverse redshirt thing?

..."Senior Everett Brown finished Saturday night’s game with two tackles for loss against Wake Forest moving him into 11th place all-time at Florida State with 30.0 career tackles for loss. "...".

Cincy - Aside from everette brown graduating early, Myron Rolle and current FSU QB Christian Ponder both graduated after 2.5 years. They still have all of their remaining eligibility, but must remain a student. So these guys enroll in a graduate program and continue taking classes while playing football.

Boy, do I hope this guy falls to the Bills at #11. He was very polite during his interview, but kept saying the two things fan like to hear. One, "he is a football player" and "he wants to be one of the best". Told the interviewer he wants to be the best defensive player in the draft. Watch the interview later, it will rerun on ESPN 2 later.

We have enough polite guys that say the right things. As far as him being the best, Reinard Wilson, Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds and Kamrion Wimbley said they were going to be the best too. Stay away from FSU DE's, they play with zero responsibily at FSU and thats why they can't adjust in the NFL. No FSU DE's, Florida WR's, Texas O Lineman and no Penn St. RB's!

We have enough polite guys that say the right things. As far as him being the best, Reinard Wilson, Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds and Kamrion Wimbley said they were going to be the best too. Stay away from FSU DE's, they play with zero responsibily at FSU and thats why they can't adjust in the NFL. No FSU DE's, Florida WR's, Texas O Lineman and no Penn St. RB's!

past performance is not indicative of future results

It is a little bit silly to outright discard any future player and base his talent purely from the school that he comes from.

don't you think?

Everette Brown (born August 7, 1987 in Stantonsburg, North Carolina) is a college football defensive end for the Florida State Seminoles. He played high school football at Beddingfield High School in Wilson, North Carolina. He has already received his college degree, but will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2009 NFL Draft[1]; he is considered by some to be the top underclassman at his position in the 2009 NFL Draft.[2] At 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) and 252 lb (114 kg), Brown is considered “a perfect fit as a rush-linebacker in a 3-4 scheme” by ESPN′s Todd McShay.[3]

Yeah, and no BYU quarterbacks. Their numbers are inflated by Lavell Edwards' pass-happy system.

OH wait...

That was until that guy Steve Young. Never mind.

past performance is not indicative of future results

It is a little bit silly to outright discard any future player and base his talent purely from the school that he comes from.

don't you think?

I agree but he makes a good point. We have just gotten burned by our second Texas o-lineman.

Yep, supposedly his freshman year was 2006. If he red-shirted his freshman year he might be a fourth-year junior.

But he turns only 22 this coming August which means he's graduated at the age of 21. So regardless, he's junior aged.

Everywhere I look refers to him as a junior. Irrelevant though.

Everette Brown (born August 7, 1987 in Stantonsburg, North Carolina) is a college football defensive end for the Florida State Seminoles. He played high school football at Beddingfield High School in Wilson, North Carolina. He has already received his college degree, but will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2009 NFL Draft[1]; he is considered by some to be the top underclassman at his position in the 2009 NFL Draft.[2] At 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) and 252 lb (114 kg), Brown is considered “a perfect fit as a rush-linebacker in a 3-4 scheme” by ESPN′s Todd McShay.[3]

Weird. That seems to imply that in the coming 2009 season at FSU, he had yet another year of eligibility.

All things are possible - see also the case of UCincy QM Matt Mauk.

I guess Everett Brown could be both an underclassman and a graduate, simultaneously...semantics?

Do you know what he got his college degree in?

He got his bachelors degree in social sciences. This would imply that he took at least a few statistics and math classes.

Also he did redshirt his freshman year so he would be a fourth-year junior.

According to the NCAA, 66% of NCAA football players earn their degrees.

Like I said, the guys not a future Nobel Prize winner but I like that he followed through on his commitment.

By the way Horseshoe, I snuck a peak at your posts and am impressed.

Are you advocating taking Andre Smith at #11 if he slides that far? I wouldn't have a problem with that although he sounds like a Texas OL even if he didn't play there.

Also of the 3 top pass rushers, who do you like the best?

Weird. That seems to imply that in the coming 2009 season at FSU, he had yet another year of eligibility.

All things are possible - see also the case of UCincy QM Matt Mauk.

I guess Everett Brown could be both an underclassman and a graduate, simultaneously...semantics?

Do you know what he got his college degree in?

Brown did have one more year of eligibility. In the draft sense, "underclassman" refers to players who have not completed their eligibility. With redshirts, early graduations, etc, "senior" in the football sense simply means they are in their 4th year of eligibility.