Roy Williams

Roy Williams was let go in Dallas. He is a SS. The Bills have hinted at maybe playing Whitner at FS so his coverage skills can be utilized more. Williams was a beast when the Cowboys played the 4-3 like Buffalo does now. However he has seen his production drop in the new 3-4 scheme of the Cowboys. I am not sure what his cost would be. However he is 28y/o. So he is not too old. He did have injuries last year, so the price might not be too crazy on him. This is a guy worth a phone call and a visit. If he and his agent are realistic about his worth.

Roy Williams was let go in Dallas. He is a SS. The Bills have hinted at maybe playing Whitner at FS so his coverage skills can be utilized more. Williams was a beast when the Cowboys played the 4-3 like Buffalo does now. However he has seen his production drop in the new 3-4 scheme of the Cowboys. I am not sure what his cost would be. However he is 28y/o. So he is not too old. He did have injuries last year, so the price might not be too crazy on him. This is a guy worth a phone call and a visit. If he and his agent are realistic about his worth.

roy is def not the same pro bowl player as he once one. atleast you gave a reason for signing him. i wonder how much the change to 3-4 affected him? good job on the research :rolleyes:

He has no coverage ability but if we're gonna move Whitner to FS then I could see justifying Williams at SS. He'd be a hard hitter and fantastic in run support, while Whitner plays deep and uses his range to cover and close.

Williams wouldn't be anything more than a quick fix band-aid, but he's an upgrade over Scott, if you ask me.

He has no coverage ability but if we're gonna move Whitner to FS then I could see justifying Williams at SS. He'd be a hard hitter and fantastic in run support, while Whitner plays deep and uses his range to cover and close.

Williams wouldn't be anything more than a quick fix band-aid, but he's an upgrade over Scott, if you ask me.

Just because he is playing SS doesn't mean he doesn't have to cover anyone. Any good coach and/or QB recognizes his poor coverage ability and exploits it. I know Scott is no ace in coverage either, but my god Williams looks like his cleats are filled with cement out there.

Just because he is playing SS doesn't mean he doesn't have to cover anyone. Any good coach and/or QB recognizes his poor coverage ability and exploits it. I know Scott is no ace in coverage either, but my god Williams looks like his cleats are filled with cement out there.

No doubt, but with our deep stable of corners, a hopefully improved pass rush and Whitner playing one position, you could sort of mask Williams' coverage deficiencies and benefit from his run-stopping abilities, while hopefully scaring WRs from going over the middle.

My thought exactly lets_go_buffalo. I know its not exactly an area of pressing need for us. But K.O. just isn't panning out. And Scott is ok, but i think Williams is an upgrade. Whitner gets to play where he can exel. Our corners are good and deep. Just a thought but i would understand if the Bills wanted to focus on the D front seven and Oline/TE. It would be fun to watch Williams light up Welker.

He was so bad the past few years that when it was a clear passing down he was taken off the field. Earlier in his career he was solid. I dont know maybe a different team will energize him? Last I knew he was always hurt.?

I almost seems like when the NFL made the horse-collar tackle a penalty, his effectiveness disappeared. That was his move.

No doubt, but with our deep stable of corners, a hopefully improved pass rush and Whitner playing one position, you could sort of mask Williams' coverage deficiencies and benefit from his run-stopping abilities, while hopefully scaring WRs from going over the middle.

:thumbdown::doh:

He has been in the league 7 years and made 5 pro bowls...he is only 28...worth a look and I agree with your points here...

He is slow and has been a complainer. No Thanks.