Would Any of You Want to Trade for .....................

H2o

Saints beat writer Jeff Duncan believes that Robert Meachem is "destined to be the biggest bust of the (Sean) Payton era."

Harsh words, but Duncan cites Meachem's "mental mistakes" and a loss of trust from the coaching staff and teammates. The Saints gave Devery Henderson a four-year contract, so dynasty leagues shouldn't expect anything from Meachem in the near future. Perhaps the Saints will put him on the trade block.

He was the 27th overall pick in 2007 and thought of as the replacement for Joe Horn. At 6'2" and 210lbs. he has excellent size. He also has good hands. I watched the guy play alot of games while in college at Tennessee. I thought for sure that he was going to be a good NFL WR. With that being said, he's only going into his 3rd year and could still end up being good. The Saints are loaded at WR and might be willing to part with him for a late round pick. If he's on the block would any of you want us to take a look at the guy? He may just need a change of scenery and a fresh start.

He was the 27th overall pick in 2007 and thought of as the replacement for Joe Horn. At 6'2" and 210lbs. he has excellent size. He also has good hands. I watched the guy play alot of games while in college at Tennessee. I thought for sure that he was going to be a good NFL WR. With that being said, he's only going into his 3rd year and could still end up being good. The Saints are loaded at WR and might be willing to part with him for a late round pick. If he's on the block would any of you want us to take a look at the guy? He may just need a change of scenery and a fresh start.

Robert Meachem | #17 | WR

New Orleans Saints | Official Team Site

Height: 6-2 Weight: 210 Age: 24

Born: 9/28/1984 Tulsa , OK

College: Tennessee

Experience: 2nd season

High School: Booker T. Washington HS [Tulsa, OK]

If they'd part with him for a 5th or less. He's currently third string on their depth chart.

yes for a 5th round pick or lower I don't see what harm it could do.

Meachem was a solid prospect coming out of college but a knee injury derailed his rookie campaign. If I recall he wasn't 100% healthy all year in 08 either. Meachem did make a few big plays and display some of the potential they saw initially. The emergence of Lance Moore really has made him more expendable than the Henderson signing has I would say.

We don't need a young WR or a project player. We need a savvy veteran to play the number two spot while Hardy and Johnson grow.

Exactly, why bring in someone else's project when we have two of our own without attitude problems.

We don't need a young WR or a project player. We need a savvy veteran to play the number two spot while Hardy and Johnson grow.

I would definitely prefer that but if for whatever reason the Bills made that move it wouldn't be the final straw in my deliberation regarding season-ticket renewal.

Lets pick up some young project WR labeled the biggest bust of that regimes era, and actually give something up of value to do so...great idea...

Last I checked we had 2 young project WR's with a better attitude and work ethic with a year of experience in our system...so what would we accomplish by trading for this bust?

Lets pick up some young project WR labeled the biggest bust of that regimes era, and actually give something up of value to do so...great idea...

Last I checked we had 2 young project WR's with a better attitude and work ethic with a year of experience in our system...so what would we accomplish by trading for this bust?

Think of him as a 5th round draft pick or later that the Bills drafted.

If he doesn't make the cut then release him during camp and he's cost the Bills almost nothing. JMO

You can only get so many people reps, even during training camp and workout programs and such. We should concentrate on the guys we have for that (Hardy and Johnson), and maybe bring in a veteran #2 for right now. I wouldn't mind bringing in a guy on the downside of his career (Toomer, Galloway) or an unproven veteran (K. Washington) to compete, but a total project like Meachem which will also take a draft pick is out of the question.

Think of him as a 5th round draft pick or later that the Bills drafted.

If he doesn't make the cut then release him during camp and he's cost the Bills almost nothing. JMO

I'm not too sure about that Steely.

a 5th rounder does have value. If I were the Bills FO I'd have to do lot's of research on Meachem and see if he really has it in him. They just signed Devery Henderson, which is a big indication of what they think of Meachem. Mind you, Henderson is their third WR option, so as far as they are concerned, he is a big bust up to this point.

I think their is a real possibility that they will Cut him. He is a first round choice and does have a first round salary, who most likely is a 4th or 5th WR, if that.

You got to believe that they are considering cutting him. No way I give a fifth, unless they see something on tape that they really like about him.

I gotta go with Alpha on this one.