WR Torry Holt asks for release

NY Nole

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...CE?OpenDocument

Apparently, he will be released anyways (due a million dollar roster bonus on March 17) but the Rams have been actively trying to trade both him and T Orlando Pace. Personally, I like him better than Coles -- but he's probably going to want even more money than Coles. I do think the teams looking for a WR is dwindling after all the recent signings and TO is now the top attention getter -- so who knows -- we might be able to capitalize.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...CE?OpenDocument

I do think the teams looking for a WR is dwindling after all the recent signings and TO is now the top attention getter -- so who knows -- we might be able to capitalize.

There are still a lot of teams possibly looking for WR help...Philly, KC, SF, Dall, Giants, Oak, Jets, Tenn, Chi, Minn, Balt, Atl, and of course us.

Maybe this is why the Bills have been waiting so long to make a move and obtain a legit number 2 WR in free agency. :rolleyes: Hopefully, Buffalo will show some serious interest and offer him a contract that will get him to Buffalo. This guy would make our offense instantly better.

A trade for Holt would only work if he were willing to renegotiate his contract with us prior to the trade, so he would need to want to play in Buffalo anyway. The trade would likely cost us a 5th or so.

I agree that our best best to get Holt is to trade for him. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we were able to obtain Holt! IMO, he would be a huge upgrade to our offense. I would much, much rather prefer Holt than Coles. The question is, are we willing to do what it takes to get him?

GIT R DONE RALPHIE BOY!!!!

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we were able to obtain Holt! IMO, he would be a huge upgrade to our offense. I would much, much rather prefer Holt than Coles. The question is, are we willing to do what it takes to get him?

GIT R DONE RALPHIE BOY!!!!

1. He is not the player he was a few years ago, not even close.

2. He will cost more that what we will want to pay him.

3.What makes you think he woudl want to come here?

Will Never happen.

1. He is not the player he was a few years ago, not even close.

2. He will cost more that what we will want to pay him.

3.What makes you think he woudl want to come here?

Will Never happen.

While I agree that he is not the player that he once was, I do think that he has plenty left to contribute, and even be an above average WR, heck on our team, he could presumably be the number one guy. Sorry, just don't think Evans is as good as many on here make him out to be.

How much do you think he will want? He must know he is on the downside of his career...with coles getting around 7 mil per year, do you think he will want much more than that? i know I'm not the owner or GM, but I would gladly give Holt 7 mil to come to Buff.

And finally, I do believe that money talks. And if the money was right, I would not be shocked to see Holt come to the Bills. And i would piss my pants with happiness....

Good find, I didn't know the extent to his injury history. He was still productive last year, but clearly this medical situation will devalue his future demands.

If he does leave STL, chances are he goes to Big D unless Dallas trades for Boldin.

Good find, I didn't know the extent to his injury history. He was still productive last year, but clearly this medical situation will devalue his future demands.

No, not a good find. The article was from 2007... yeah, he sure has sucked since it was printed:

Receiving

Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st

2007 St. Louis Rams 16 16 93 1189 12.8 40 7 16 1 63

2008 St. Louis Rams 16 14 64 796 12.4 45 3 9 1 40

I think the point is that it's degenerative - it doesn't happen all at once. He wasn't nearly as good last year as the year before, and I"m not basing that merely on stats. He's in decline physically. There's a reason the Rams don't want to keep him at that price.