Buffalo's 2009 schedule

2009 NFL opponents Buffalo Bills

Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

It's going to be a VERY tough and long season.

N.O., welcome home Jabari.

Damn, why do we have to play the Patriots* twice, again?

:beer:

Unless the Bills do something to improve this team, you can start dreaming of the # 1 pick in the 2010 draft.

Without help it's going to be ugly! Unless you are satisfied with looking and loosing ugly...

No I'm not satisfied with loosing so every now and then I tighten things and so I never loosen ugly I hire hot models to loosen all my stuff for me. Well except when I have the models tied up. Then I loosen them myself! :lol:

I hope the Bills are marginally better next year. As was pointed out, Edwards needs to continue to improve and Schonert also. Both were virtual rookies last year at their jobs and will need to put their Stanford brains together and figure it out.

The Bills core group is pretty young too so there's hope for improvement from most of the roster.

Hopefully by the time the 2009 season kicks off there will be a tangible improvement to the talent, which hasn't happened yet.

Let's say we're a bit better next year based on the improvement of our young players and coaches.

We went 4-2 in division in 2007 and 0-6 in 2008. Now for the 2009 opponents:

In division:2-4

New England: clearly the best team we play next year. 0-2

Miami: We lost by 11 and 9 points. The Dolphins snuck up on a lot of teams last year. Just like they weren't as bad as their record in 2007 they aren't as good as their record last year. 1-1

Jets: Same problem with Jets as last year. The front office led by Mike Tannenbaum throws money around like a drunken sailor with worse results. Like Minnesota, they address every position except quarterback. We should have gone 1-1 against them last year and we split with them this year. 1-1

Home opponents (non-divisional) 3-2

New Orleans and Houston are borderline playoff teams trying to take the next step. Both of their coaches are on the hot seat. Neither team is an established power or are road warriors. 1-1

Buccaneers, Browns, and Colts. Three teams that are tearing it down completely and starting over. 2-1

Away opponents (non-divisional) 1-4

Carolina and Tennessee. Bona fide powers. Totally solid squads. 0-2

Falcons, Jaguars and Chiefs. Jaguars facing a pivotal year. We always play them close. Chiefs are totally rebuilding but Arrowhead is a tough visit. Falcons went worst to first like Miami but are probably not yet an elite team. 1-2

Unfortunately it looks like 6-10 to me.

If we can go 4-2 in division instead of 3-3, and if we can sweep Bucs, Browns, and Colts at home that improves us to 8-8. That is the optimistic outlook.

If we can upset one team we're not expected to beat like New England, Tennessee, Carolina or Atlanta, we're looking at a best case scenario of 9-7.

The most optimistic thing I can say is teams are never as good or as bad as they appear. Four teams in the last two years have gone worst to first. And the difference between a wild card team and a non-playoff team is very slim.

Regardless, I'll be cheering our heroes on.

Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

Tough to win any of the road games, outside of perhaps the Jests...I get a sense KC is going to be much improved.

I hope the Bills are marginally better next year. As was pointed out, Edwards needs to continue to improve and Schonert also. Both were virtual rookies last year at their jobs and will need to put their Stanford brains together and figure it out.

The Bills core group is pretty young too so there's hope for improvement from most of the roster.

Hopefully by the time the 2009 season kicks off there will be a tangible improvement to the talent, which hasn't happened yet.

Let's say we're a bit better next year based on the improvement of our young players and coaches.

We went 4-2 in division in 2007 and 0-6 in 2008. Now for the 2009 opponents:

In division:2-4

New England: clearly the best team we play next year. 0-2

Miami: We lost by 11 and 9 points. The Dolphins snuck up on a lot of teams last year. Just like they weren't as bad as their record in 2007 they aren't as good as their record last year. 1-1

Jets: Same problem with Jets as last year. The front office led by Mike Tannenbaum throws money around like a drunken sailor with worse results. Like Minnesota, they address every position except quarterback. We should have gone 1-1 against them last year and we split with them this year. 1-1

Home opponents (non-divisional) 3-2

New Orleans and Houston are borderline playoff teams trying to take the next step. Both of their coaches are on the hot seat. Neither team is an established power or are road warriors. 1-1

Buccaneers, Browns, and Colts. Three teams that are tearing it down completely and starting over. 2-1

Away opponents (non-divisional) 1-4

Carolina and Tennessee. Bona fide powers. Totally solid squads. 0-2

Falcons, Jaguars and Chiefs. Jaguars facing a pivotal year. We always play them close. Chiefs are totally rebuilding but Arrowhead is a tough visit. Falcons went worst to first like Miami but are probably not yet an elite team. 1-2

Unfortunately it looks like 6-10 to me.

If we can go 4-2 in division instead of 3-3, and if we can sweep Bucs, Browns, and Colts at home that improves us to 8-8. That is the optimistic outlook.

If we can upset one team we're not expected to beat like New England, Tennessee, Carolina or Atlanta, we're looking at a best case scenario of 9-7.

The most optimistic thing I can say is teams are never as good or as bad as they appear. Four teams in the last two years have gone worst to first. And the difference between a wild card team and a non-playoff team is very slim.

Regardless, I'll be cheering our heroes on.

Now, the half full version.

Miami - Pennington has never had 2 consecutive good seasons. Blew a 9 point lead in the 4th on the road and Losman played the other game, which was played in toronto (and almsot a home game for the Fins). I see at least 1 win if not more.

Jets - Should have beat them last year. Lost Farve, who regards of how he finished, is a huge upgrade over their 2 guys now. At least 1 win, possibly sweep.

Texans - Have proven nothing. If Schaub gets hurt (likely), they dead.

New Orleans - A team that is built for our strengths, pass first.

Carolina - possibly losing their best defensive player and game changer. Delhomme may be done.

Tennessee - Collins can't beat you and lost maybe the best defensive player in the game.

Bucs- New coach and QB, lots of changes.

Falcons - Ryan hit a wall last year. Defense is still shaky.

Honestly, the schedule isn't that daunting to me. It is more on the Bills to improve (especially Edwards). But this isn't hard as people make it out to be.

Calm down. Schedule always looks tough when it comes out. How many people last year saw Seattle, San Diego, Jacksonville, and Denver on the schedule and figured those to be 4 losses? Turns out those teams were really not that good in 2008 after very good seasons in 2007. Same will happen to some of the teams on our schedule this year. I could see any of the following doing worse next year than they did this year: Jets, Fish, Bucs, Titans, Panthers, and Falcons. Saints are the Saints which means they could suck at any given time. Chiefs in their own house again for another possible bloodbath.

Doesn't look that bad to me. We could make the playoffs this year is how I see it.

Go BILLS !!!

You may be correct about those teams which would likely give the Bills a...................7-9 Record :lol:

Well C.Biscuit,

It's one of many games we play here to pass the time.

I'm saying 6-10 probable, 9-7 best case scenario.

Care to venture a guess? If not that's cool.

10-6 and I'll be putting money on it. I think this team, with a possibly a top 10 defense and more experienced Edwards, is closer to the 5-1 team than 2-8 one.

Plus, I've learned that most fans usually have no idea what is going on, so bet the opposite of the general thought. :lol:

10-6 and I'll be putting money on it. I think this team, with a possibly a top 10 defense and more experienced Edwards, is closer to the 5-1 team than 2-8 one.

Plus, I've learned that most fans usually have no idea what is going on, so bet the opposite of the general thought. :lol:

What about when Trent is injured? Do you really think Ryan will do any better than JP?

What about when Trent is injured? Do you really think Ryan will do any better than JP?

Coming into the season, I was pretty comfortable with JP as a backup. He knew the system and would be playing for his next contract. But even a huge Losman fan like yourself have to admit Losman was maybe the worst QB to start a game in the league last year. He was terrible. In the Jets game, all Losman need to do the whole game was not be retardly bad. But he was.

I don't think Fitz is really good by any stretch, but he was better than JP on a worse team with no running game. So for 2 games, yes, I would be fine. But anything longer than that, I agree we would be screwed.

Depending on when the KC game is, I'll bet my wife and I will be there again, especially since KC got a new stadium.

Without a doubt. I say that for two reasons.

Firstly I don't think anyone could have played worse than J.P. I had written him off after 2007 but was still astonished at how poorly he played.

Secondly, Fitzpatrick played on a horrible team wracked by offensive injuries and still did a good job. The Bengals finished the season on a three game win streak (although that had a lot to do with Cedrick Benson's play I admit). But Fitzpatrick played better as the season went on.

He is a career backup no doubt. Surely he's not as good as Frank Reich. I'm gonna guess he's better than Alex Van Pelt who I thought was an acceptable backup.

So yes, we're better off at quarterback than last year IMO.