Random Thought

Erik

With all of the talk about these guys like Cato June and Keith Ellison, etc. I'm wondering what you do with these guys if Jauron is replaced with someone who brings in a 3-4 or another style defense. The Cover 2 is a dying breed so it's likely any new coach would run it but you may be hamstrung with a roster of Cover 2 players. Could Ellison or Bowen play SS in another style defense? What DT's could play end? I'm probably thinking too much about it and I obviously don't want Jauron to fail but judging by past experience...one thing to think about I guess...

With all of the talk about these guys like Cato June and Keith Ellison, etc. I'm wondering what you do with these guys if Jauron is replaced with someone who brings in a 3-4 or another style defense. The Cover 2 is a dying breed so it's likely any new coach would run it but you may be hamstrung with a roster of Cover 2 players. Could Ellison or Bowen play SS in another style defense? What DT's could play end? I'm probably thinking too much about it and I obviously don't want Jauron to fail but judging by past experience...one thing to think about I guess...

We pull a "Parcells" and clean house. If you have the right people in place in the FO, acquire the coaching staff you need like Miami did, then go out and get the guys you need to get this thing going.

As much as many of did not like the fact that jauron and staff remain in Buffalo this is one of the reasons why Ralph Wilson did not make a coaching change. If a new coach comes in there will be a housecleaning. There almost always is.

What else, we rebuild. Its what we do during the seasons we're not "consistent".

This growth cycle is interrupted every 50 years by a short "playoffs" cycle. And then a mini ice-age.

I don't know why, but this post cracks me up - the Bills mini ice-age. :thumbsup:

You would think that old Ralphy would want to win a superbowl before he turns into an f-n fossil. Instead he hires one wannabe coach after another. I know it is a little late in the game now, but if he wasn't so damn stingy we wouldn't have hired the likes of Mularky or Williams (wasted years).

I still fume over the game against Miami where our braintrust thought it was better to put a hobbled McGee out there in coverage rather than play the untested McKelvin. We know how that strategy panned out. In the first half of the game - McGee gave up something like 1,000,000 yards or so. Luckily the coaches got together at halftime and decided to do the same thing in the second half :wallbash:

If we would have known that the last coach to figure out how to get us to the playoffs was Bum's kid we would have begged him to stay - even with his idiot Special Teams coach.

5 out of 6 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm

Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

Previous seasons mean nothing.

People like you must be a blast to watch games with. "See, i told you they suck."

Enjoy the season. :thumbsup:

Hey thanks for the link http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/JaurDi0.htm

I have to admit that cheered me up.

:wallbash:

Jauron = fall down 2 times, get up 1, fall down 6 more times...

Comparing Jauron to Belichick is not fair; Jauron has more chromosomes.

Forget about "Tampa 2", "Cover 2" or the other quaint reference to a 2 Deep zone system. We typically use a lot of cover 3 and cover four anyhoo.

The guys are in a 4-3 (traditionally under) front playing one gap football. Because of that, unless we go to a 3-4 these players can play in other systems. If Jauron were fired and a guy from the Eagles, Giants or even Ravens (who run the 3-4 with 4-6 principles) we could run it, albeit as always with some of their players brought in.

Some of these guys (Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, McGee, Greer) played in that aggressive 4-6 like 4-3 when Greggo was here and were fairly statistically successful. Then, when he was fired and we kept Jerry Gray, we used it with Lebeau's 3-4 zone blitz principles added to a 4-3. So woe is not us, all is not lost.

Unless, of course you are in the crowd that wants a 3-4 to cure everything wrong in Western New York since 'Nam. Then, we're outta luck. :thumbsup:

Silly Jauron apologist! Even BB won a playoff game in his first 5 years. By his 8th season, he won a SB.

8 years later we are still hoping the "Dick" is capable of producing another winning season.

People like you must be a blast to watch games with. "See, i told you they suck."

You also must be a blast to watch games with.

"We lost another one! YES!! Dick Jauron! You da MAN!!!"

Enjoy the season. :beer:

Back at you! :thumbsup:

Just remember, you got exactly what you wanted.

Enjoy the season. :beer:

Sorry, but it's idiotic to think that Dick Jauron is the next Bill Belichick just because Belichick lost 5 of his first 6 seasons as a head coach. The gap in the football intelligence of both men is the size of of the Grand Canyon.

Sorry, but it's idiotic to think that Dick Jauron is the next Bill Belichick just because Belichick lost 5 of his first 6 seasons as a head coach. The gap in the football intelligence of both men is the size of of the Grand Canyon.

I'm sure the Pats* fans were saying the same thing when they started 1-3 after BB just finished 5-11 the year before.

Mo Lewis made BB a genius. Hopefully, Wilfork will do the same for Jauron.

we definitely need to clean house. we went 7-9 and actually for the group of nobodys that ralph has put on the field, we actually overachieved. buffalo needs some difference makers on both sides of the ball. until we have game changers and maybe some legit pro-bowlers, buffalo will never have a winning record, let alone a playoff contender.

we definitely need to clean house. we went 7-9 and actually for the group of nobodys that ralph has put on the field, we actually overachieved. buffalo needs some difference makers on both sides of the ball. until we have game changers and maybe some legit pro-bowlers, buffalo will never have a winning record, let alone a playoff contender.

We know who you are, nice try Dick. :beer:

I'm sure the Pats* fans were saying the same thing when they started 1-3 after BB just finished 5-11 the year before.

Mo Lewis made BB a genius. Hopefully, Wilfork will do the same for Jauron.

You just keep thinking that.*

BB, while being the HC of the Browns, got rid of Bernie Kosar, a favorite of the fans and the organization.

I have no doubt BB would have eventually benched Bledsoe in favor of Brady. It was only a matter of time.

Mo Lewis just accelerated the process.

* But then again, you are the person that believes Cade McNown was "forced" upon Dick Jauron. :beer:

You just keep thinking that.*

BB, while being the HC of the Browns, got rid of Bernie Kosar, a favorite of the fans and the organization.

I have no doubt BB would have eventually benched Bledsoe in favor of Brady. It was only a matter of time.

Mo Lewis just accelerated the process.

* But then again, you are the person that believes Cade McNown was "forced" upon Dick Jauron. :beer:

If an internet board existed back then, you would have been killing BB. The same way you would have kill Levy at first. Don't kid yourself. The easy thing in the world is to look back no and say guys like Levy and the homeless hoodie are great coaches now.

But all it takes is one season to change how people will look back at Jauron. Obviously, the odds says it's not in his favor. But posters like yourself and others seem like they want DJ to fail. As a Bills fan, that's sad IMO.

If an internet board existed back then, you would have been killing BB. The same way you would have kill Levy at first. Don't kid yourself. The easy thing in the world is to look back no and say guys like Levy and the homeless hoodie are great coaches now.

I do not have to kid myself. I was alive, breathing, and had graduated from HS before Levy even took over the Bills.

I had a fairly neutral opinion of Levy when he took over.

And I had no opinion of BB (other than it took some guts to get rid of Kosar).

But all it takes is one season to change how people will look back at Jauron.

Um, no it does not. I have already stated on this board that one winning season will NOT change my perspective of Moron Jauron. In fact, prior to the start of last season, I stated Douche Bag needed to accomplish three things for me to even consider changing my opinion of him. Like the true failure Dick is, he has failed to accomplish even one item.

Obviously, the odds says it's not in his favor. But posters like yourself and others seem like they want DJ to fail. As a Bills fan, that's sad IMO.

There is no "want to fail". He is already a proven failure.

Repeatedly.

Dickie needs to stop talking about how he would "like to win", and actually prove he knows "how to win".

And speaking of "sad", you are the same poster last year that had a problem with other posters talking about Trent Edwards injury history, like it somehow meant people were "wishing" Trent would get hurt.

Now, in this thread, you "hope" Wilfork's hit (which he finally admitted this past year as being cheap and dirty, on a Bills player no less) will make Jauron look like a genius.

:rolleyes:

My God. What lengths you would go to defend the loser HC.

There is no "want to fail". He is already a proven failure.

QFT.

Also, it's worth something that Belichick spent his time between Cleveland and NE working for Bill Parcells. That'll help a guy start putting it all together. Jauron already had a washout career, then managed to learn some new tricks from Steve Mariucci to come back and fail again.

But all it takes is one season to change how people will look back at Jauron. Obviously, the odds says it's not in his favor. But posters like yourself and others seem like they want DJ to fail. As a Bills fan, that's sad IMO.

Perhaps we are being a bit harsh on you. You have to admit, you are a bit of an anomaly when it comes to being a Bills fan.

I couldn't muster your level of optimism unless I had a prefrontal lobotomy to wipe out the last 20 years of epic failures in big games, and dismal mediocrity in between.

I don't think anyone has given up hope, but the reality of the matter is that great coaches make the most of the players they have, manage the clock and the game, and make sure their team is well prepared. Quite simply, they put the team they can field that week in the best position to pull out a win. In that regards Parcels has accomplished more in one season as GM of the Dolphins then Jauron has as HC for 3 years.

If he wins the Superbowl with us, will I be happy? Will all of us? Of course we will, and there will be a collective sigh of contentment from every Bills fan around the world, along with the wildest party every thrown.

Will I then think he belongs in the same category as Parcells, Belichick, Levy, Cowher, Lambeau, Shula, Landry etc... not so much. I would however buy him a drink and make a toast to his continued longevity and success :rolleyes: