Birth Date June 17, 1976

Birth Place Gainesville, FL

Height 6-1

Weight 238 lbs.

Age 32

Position LB

Experience 10 years

College Florida

Grade: 78 | Grade means he is a good starter.

Alert: None

Comment: Peterson missed six contests due to injury, but still managed to finish second on the team in tackles. He is a very productive MLB who has good instincts, speed and toughness. When playing the run, he shows good quickness to read and react. He does a good job making proper reads and has a good feel for play-action. He has a burst to his movements and can fill quickly. He changes direction well, showing enough quickness to slip offensive linemen and get in on tackles. If engaged he has adequate strength and hand use to play off contact. He is inconsistent with getting rid of blocks quickly when teams run at him. Peterson will give some ground in an attempt to shed. He has above-average lateral quickness. He can get to the corner quickly versus outside runs. He has good burst to scrape and fill. Plus, he usually provides good wrap on tackles. In coverage, he shows good range. He has the range to get good depth in deeper zone coverage without losing separation. He has good movement skills in zone drops with the ability to make quick reads on the QB. He can flip his hips while maintaining good vision. He has shown the ability to read QB's eyes and make subtle adjustments to take away route angles in zone. After the ball is away he still has good speed to close and tackle. He is agile enough to break down versus quickness, but also has a closing burst to arrive with some power when the target is pinned down.

He's considered a middle linebacker.

Sounds like they said sayonara to Coles eh?

Mike Peterson wouldn't cost a helluva lot. I would think the two things are mutually exclusive. I'm not sure how much Peterson has left in the tank but he was good just two years ago. He got benched this year but it seemed to be more of a power struggle. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with signing or not signing Coles though. Peterson would be a small to mid ticket item. They have tons of cash for that kind of contract. June, too, isn't going to break the bank.

Mike Peterson | #54 | MLB

Jacksonville Jaguars | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 238 Age: 32

Born: 6/17/1976 Gainesville , FL

College: Florida

Experience: 10th season

High School: Santa Fe HS [Alachua, FL]

84 tackles, 1 sack, FF - 0, Int - 0

I like him better than Cato June.

Mike Peterson wouldn't cost a helluva lot. I would think the two things are mutually exclusive. I'm not sure how much Peterson has left in the tank but he was good just two years ago. He got benched this year but it seemed to be more of a power struggle. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with signing or not signing Coles though. Peterson would be a small to mid ticket item. They have tons of cash for that kind of contract. June, too, isn't going to break the bank.

I was thinking more of the fact that there has been a flurry of visits being reported in the last hour or so. I'd say either way the Bills now what the deal is with Coles.

I was thinking more of the fact that there has been a flurry of visits being reported in the last hour or so. I'd say either way the Bills now what the deal is with Coles.

I think it's just coincidence. FA seems to go in waves. The first flurry is a few days, and then the next wave is 4-5 days into it, for the guys that weren't really highly regarded or targeted, like, say Hangartner. Peterson has been around the block. So has Jones. So has June. These guys aren't need signings, nor are they big money, nor is anyone in a real hurry to get a deal done with them. I just don't think it has anything to do with Coles. Who knows though.

I think it's just coincidence. FA seems to go in waves. The first flurry is a few days, and then the next wave is 4-5 days into it, for the guys that weren't really highly regarded or targeted, like, say Hangartner. Peterson has been around the block. So has Jones. So has June. These guys are need signings, nor are they big money, nor is anyone in a real hurry to get a deal done with them. I just don't think it has anything to do with Coles. Who knows though.

Actually that kind of makes perfect sense. You come back Monday after the weekend wave and identify your tier 2 targets, tie up loose ends, and call agents to schedule visits. By Tuesday night visits are starting to be scheduled and word leaks out.

I think it's just coincidence. FA seems to go in waves. The first flurry is a few days, and then the next wave is 4-5 days into it, for the guys that weren't really highly regarded or targeted, like, say Hangartner. Peterson has been around the block. So has Jones. So has June. These guys aren't need signings, nor are they big money, nor is anyone in a real hurry to get a deal done with them. I just don't think it has anything to do with Coles. Who knows though.

Exactly, I don't think it has anything to do with Coles. Coles supposedly has the Bills offer and is seeing if theres any other interest out there, theres not much else the Bills could do without looking desperate and losing any leverage in negotiations. They now have to wait for coles to make up his mind. If they start bringing in more WR's, then I would agree that it means they are pretty much done waiting for Coles