1st pick

major

I think we will take Percy Harvin with our 1st pick; especially, if this deal with Coles fall through. I would like to see us take Brian Orakpo, but he'll be gone by the time our pick arrives.

I know we are desperate for DL, but I'd love to land Harvin! Gamebreaker!

He has all the talent in the world, but can't stay healthy. That isn't even the problem in drafting him. He is a problem child, much like Lynch. I followed his career from High School here in Virginia Beach (where he was suspended during high school for pushing a referee and almost cost his team a chance to play in the playoffs), and his injury riddled career at Florida state, however short it has been. It looks good on paper, but be careful what you wish for.

He has all the talent in the world, but can't stay healthy. That isn't even the problem in drafting him. He is a problem child, much like Lynch. I followed his career from High School here in Virginia Beach (where he was suspended during high school for pushing a referee and almost cost his team a chance to play in the playoffs), and his injury riddled career at Florida state, however short it has been. It looks good on paper, but be careful what you wish for.

You're right. He couldn't stay on the field at Florida state. In fact I don't think he even played one game for them.

me being a florida state fan, i'd say that you'd have to gameplan more for harvin than tebow. i'd love to have harvin on the team but buffalo has so many holes (namely, OL and DL) that it wouldn't be our best move to nab him #11.

He is easily the most explosive player in the draft. That being said, Turk would not know what to do with Harvin. He has never been a true WR and was more effective as a RB throughout his career. I've heard some people say he is this year's Desean Jackson but DJ played in a pro style offense and learned how to run routes. The team that takes Harvin is going to have to be patient with him at WR and get the ball in his hands any way they can in the meantime. Turk would be overwhelmed.

I think we will take Percy Harvin with our 1st pick; especially, if this deal with Coles fall through. I would like to see us take Brian Orakpo, but he'll be gone by the time our pick arrives.

If we don't land Coles, I am alright with that. We can land a DE in round 2 I'm sure or even trade up for one if necessary.

You're right. He couldn't stay on the field at Florida state. In fact I don't think he even played one game for them.

Harvin was a bust here at florida state. He only got on the field here in tallahassee twice.

Sigh.

Okay, to set the record straight and spare us any more clever posts, Harvin played his collegiate career @ the University of Florida and not Florida State.

My post wasn't clever, it was the truth. We only saw the field at florida state twice in his collegiate career.

Sigh.

Okay, to set the record straight and spare us any more clever posts, Harvin played his collegiate career @ the University of Florida and not Florida State.

Some of the guys on here cannot understand the difference, they just read something somewhere else and it becomes their idea.

Some of the guys on here cannot understand the difference, they just read something somewhere else and it becomes their idea.

One thing that is absolutely obvious from reading through threads on this board is that there are very few people here that pay a lot of attention to college football players. Yet somehow, everyone is an expert.

I agree, great talent but injury prone throughout collegiate career. Most of his big plays in college were out of the running back position and not receiver. He is listed as 5 11 192, (both are a stretch if you have seen him on tv/film) Parrish is 5 9 172. They are comparable and for most people here that 0feel Parrish is too small, he is the equivlent to Harvin