WHY ARE THE BILLS SO DAMN CHEAP!!!

They have made no effort in trying to sign anyone in positions that they need! They tender Jackson with a little bull sh-- sum of 400 and some grand. We have Jason Peters still wanting a new contract granted some people may not think hes worth it but we have the money to do it. There is no doubt we need another receiver to help out evens and coles could be the man. there is really no other good receiver out there in FA that can take the pressure off Evans. do they really think they can address all these things in the draft. we need experience on this team were too damn young!! WE HAVE THE MONEY TO DO THIS BUT THEY WONT. I REALLY THINK THIS SHOWS THAT WE WILL NEVER BE A CONTENDER UNTIL MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP CHANGES. AND BY THEN THEY WILL PROB BE GONE! I am a die hard Bills fan but I just cant take another year of this same old sh--.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, THANKS

We need to build a zipline from toronto to buffalo so that our canadian fans dont back up at the border. That would allow us to increase ticket prices.

I think we are missing out on a lot of revenue by not having a live buffalo mascot. With a new zipline-accessible luxury box petting zoo I think we would have enough cash to land the big free agents.

We need to build a zipline from toronto to buffalo so that our canadian fans dont back up at the border. That would allow us to increase ticket prices.

I think we are missing out on a lot of revenue by not having a live buffalo mascot. With a new zipline-accessible luxury box petting zoo I think we would have enough cash to land the big free agents.

I agree with Hossage, the real problem is the lack of ziplines...Why does the front office and Ralph not realize this?

They have made no effort in trying to sign anyone in positions that they need! They tender Jackson with a little bull sh-- sum of 400 and some grand. We have Jason Peters still wanting a new contract granted some people may not think hes worth it but we have the money to do it. There is no doubt we need another receiver to help out evens and coles could be the man. there is really no other good receiver out there in FA that can take the pressure off Evans. do they really think they can address all these things in the draft. we need experience on this team were too damn young!! WE HAVE THE MONEY TO DO THIS BUT THEY WONT. I REALLY THINK THIS SHOWS THAT WE WILL NEVER BE A CONTENDER UNTIL MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP CHANGES. AND BY THEN THEY WILL PROB BE GONE! I am a die hard Bills fan but I just cant take another year of this same old sh--.

Your post is reactionary. If you want to overpay for a FA sign people day 1 through 4. If you want value that is likely to play well long term be honest after day 5 of FA. There is still time and the draft.

Why does everyone want the quick fix that usually turns out to be a slow drain?

The Patriots/Colts/Steelers/Giants blueprint could not be clearer. 1) Built through the draft. 2) Fill in with lower and mid-priced FAs, often late in the FA period when guys come cheaper. 3) Get a high-priced FA only if he absolutely fits your needs and if you think he will be a "final link in the chain" kind of guy, once every 3 - 5 years and no more.

Seriously everybody wants the Bills to do something - anything - instead of doing the right thing.

And the Bills are not cheap. They spend each year about what the NFL gives them for players. Only 10 teams in the NFL do not follow this exact plan. Surprise, those 10 teams are the ones with huge amounts of extra income, from economically successful areas, Dallas, Washington, the NY teams, etc. The Bills are not cheap. They just aren't wild spenders. Let's ALL LEARN TO DEAL with that.

The Patriots/Colts/Steelers/Giants blueprint could not be clearer. 1) Built through the draft. 2) Fill in with lower and mid-priced FAs, often late in the FA period when guys come cheaper. 3) Get a high-priced FA only if he absolutely fits your needs and if you think he will be a "final link in the chain" kind of guy, once every 3 - 5 years and no more.

Seriously everybody wants the Bills to do something - anything - instead of doing the right thing.

And the Bills are not cheap. They spend each year about what the NFL gives them for players. Only 10 teams in the NFL do not follow this exact plan. Surprise, those 10 teams are the ones with huge amounts of extra income, from economically successful areas, Dallas, Washington, the NY teams, etc. The Bills are not cheap. They just aren't wild spenders. Let's ALL LEARN TO DEAL with that.

Guys come cheaper when you have success. If you were an NFL FA would you pick the Bills and give them a discount on the possibility of going to the playoffs/championship? Didn't think so.

We have an unproven QB, a suspect pass rush, and a so-so OL. We have a blue chip WR and RB (when he isn't being arrested). I haven't even mentioned our coaching staff.

Success breeds success. Right now we have zilch. Ergo, we have to overpay to get respectable talent. Unless those players:

a) Have a soft spot for BUF

b) Are on the downside of their careers.

c) Just losers.

C

I think we need a new room at TBD......"2009 Gripes"...where everybody can go and post their anger about the Bills this season instead of seeing 5 of these threads a day.

Both the "2009 Gripes" and the "2009 Gripes of Gripes" forums are currently under construction.

Your post is reactionary. If you want to overpay for a FA sign people day 1 through 4. If you want value that is likely to play well long term be honest after day 5 of FA. There is still time and the draft.

Year after year and so the story goes.

Ralph is Cheap! He cares more about money than winning. It is a true shame, because he wasn't always like this, just the last decade or so. It is getting pathetic.

No he was always like this. The 90s snapped him out of it a little bit, but now it's back to the same old Ralph.

I dont' think the Bills are cheap, they do lack a blueprint. Over the past 10 years we have had a 3-4 defense, the Greg Williams 4-3, and the Tampa 2. On offense we have had so many changes nobody knows what the heck is going on.

Meanwhile Pittsburgh since the 90's has had the same defensive scheme and a power offense. They run the ball and out muscle the opponent. Notice everywhere Parcells goes he does something similar. This team identity allows franchises to build through the draft and get players to fit their system. We change so often it's a continus rebuilding mode so after a while nobody fits the system.

The point I'm tyring to make is the owner is really to blame he's not cheap just not consistent in building the franchise. Even with all of the GM's & coaches over the past 10 years if he would have said we build through the draft, build in the trenches and solidify the defense and running game first we maybe in better shape. This year especially the free agent pool is thin and in the first 5 days teams overpay for guys early. Does anyone think Bart Scott is worth $8milllion per year, or Haynesworth is worth QB $$, or DeAngelo Hall at $9 million per year. Some of these numbers are insane. The Bills do need to get off their a$$ and get some talent on the roster soon.

Those teams did not build entirely on the draft. How about Larry Izzo, David Patten, A. Vinatieri, Joe Andruzzi, Christian Fauria, Je'rod Cherry, Randall Gay, Roman Phifer, Mike Vrabel, Antwain Smith, Corey Dillon, Rodney Harrion are just a few of the players that contributed on Super Bowl winning teams for the Pats. You also have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Junior Seau, Jabar Gaffney, Lamont Jordan, Sam Aiken and several other who they didn't draft and played for them in 2008 when they won 11 games.

How about Plaxico Burress, Kavika Mitchell, Eli Manning, Derrick Ward, Antonio Pierce, Ruben Droughns, Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters, Jeff Feagles, Shaun O'Hara were a few of the players that the Giants did not draft but started for them in 2007 when they won the Super Bowl.

Not going to get into the Colts and Steelers, as the result will be the same. My point is no team can win just using draft picks. This issue should be dead, as these are facts not opinions as is yours.

Coles has little to no desire to play in Buffalo. That should be obvious by now. He will either end up going to the Bengals or the Vikes.

Tendering Jackson that BS sum of cash is a smart move. I have no doubts that Jackson will get a better deal from the Bills before the start of TC.

Peters has been offered a contract.

As for being too damn young, that is a BS excuse thrown out by the Jauron apologists in attempt to cover up his horrendous coaching.

This past season, two teams younger than the Bills made the playoffs, one of them being the Dolphins.

What youre saying makes sense in theory, but the reality is we are NOT the Pats*/Colts or Steelers, we cant draft. So were not looking to be the ideal franchise, the ship has sailed along time ago, I would just like to pick up some upgraded talent and back into the playoffs in my lifetime.

You know befeore you get your feathers all ruffled. Jackosn was an EFA=exclusive free agent no one can sign him but us IF we retained the right by TENDERING him the offer. He will have a long term contract but the bills dont want to worry about him first they have other pressing needs to tend to Jackson will get the pay he desrves. This is one area the bills have not been cheap with the RFA;s that shou outstanding ability.

Second Jason Peters is an example of dont ask for a new contract after you just got a new contract if the organization didnt play hardball with him they would have to renegotiate everyones contract that threatens them and thats no way to run a team.

Third you think the team is Cheap yet they are dishing out 9 Mill to a receever that can only catch the deep ball about 4.5 mil to a receiver that can only return punts, I dont think they are being cheap not completely smart but certainly not cheap.

Finally- Everyone here knows we could over Coles 10 mil a year and he still woud not want to be here. They only way we seem to acctract good players these days is by trading for them. Yes coles is a possession receiver we could certainly use and its believed we are offering what hes looking for but just the fact hes holding out says hes looking for a BETTER team as well as more money. Buffalo was his leverage team only.

Right now the bills are in idle mode waiting for Peters/Greer/ and Coles to make decisons on their offers. They will resume picking up second teir players as the weekend approaches.