Yikes

Thurman Thomas was a LEADER. Who is the leader today? No one.

Thurman Thomas had the audacity to write the words "Super Bowl" on his shoes during training camp 1990 as a reminder to himself and his teammates about what the goal is -- and they did it! Who is the guy today on this team with that vision -- AND the ability to contribute and back it up? No one.

He's a fan by saying what he did. He's tired of watching them lose year after year and I'm sure he's hoping the owner, front office and players hear it from a western NY celebrity.

What's so funny, the reaction from most of bills nation on this thread, is these are the same comments posted by them....Is TT not a fan also? Typical Buffalonian reaction to criticism, sometimes the truth hurts.

I haven't, then again, I try to avoid the NBA like the plague. But now that you mention it, at least their games are good for something.

The NBA is better now than it has been since Michael Jordan was in his prime...

Thurman Thomas had the audacity to write the words "Super Bowl" on his shoes during training camp 1990 as a reminder to himself and his teammates about what the goal is -- and they did it!

I wish he'd written "Win the Super Bowl" on them.

But.. but Norwood won the game with an OT FG!?!

:thumbsup:

Yeah, after missing three field goals and an extra point in regulation.

Thurman's postgame quote: "If he would have missed that one, I would have dropped him from the plane somewhere over Minnesota or North Dakota."

I am glad he doesn't post on these boards. Around here if you post the obvious and it is negative, you get criticism from a bunch of dreamers that want to believe all is rosey at OBD. Real fans don't talk negative about their team, well apparently real fans are blind too.

i am glad i am not the only one who is sick of this sorry team.

If it is truly making you sick the doctor's prescription would be to change teams.

If you are disappointed understand disappointment is a fact of life.

Guest dog14787
Thank you Thurman for telling it like it is. I appreciate his comments and his opinion of Lynch. Normally this would piss me off if it were coming from an outsider but Thurman is one of us and he speaking from his love and passion of this franchise and community. Comments like this coming from a celebrity of our own can't but help our cause for improvement and restoring respectability to this once PROUD organization. Remember, we use to have a slogan "Talkin' Proud"! I haven't heard anyone mutter that in quite some time. Thanks Thurman for speaking up.

Talkin Proud, yup, sad when you think about it. :rolleyes:

He's a fan by saying what he did. He's tired of watching them lose year after year and I'm sure he's hoping the owner, front office and players hear it from a western NY celebrity.

I am glad he is a fan, and him being pissed, shows he cares about them. Not so sure that I agree with

him about ML though, come on Thurman, you, and your teamates, were no choirboy group.

:rolleyes:

I remember he wanted to throw Norwood out of the plane after the 91 regular season game against the Raiders.

I know it doesn't make for good mainstream fodder, but when will people realize it WASN'T Norwood's fault for missing the kick...it was REICH'S FAULT for not turning the laces! It can be clearly seen on the replay if you look for it. The ball went to the same side the laces were lined up...OUT TO THE RIGHT.

Thurman should know this by now. I know Jimbo has acknowledged it.

I know it doesn't make for good mainstream fodder, but when will people realize it WASN'T Norwood's fault for missing the kick...it was REICH'S FAULT for not turning the laces! It can be clearly seen on the replay if you look for it. The ball went to the same side the laces were lined up...OUT TO THE RIGHT.

Thurman should know this by now. I know Jimbo has acknowledged it.

Not talkin' 'bout the same game. I think you're referencing SBXXV. Thurman and most of us are refering to a reg. season game in 91 @ LA.

Norwood had a 'career day' in misses. But, he kicked the game winner in OT

Not talkin' 'bout the same game. I think you're referencing SBXXV. Thurman and most of us are refering to a reg. season game in 91 @ LA.

Norwood had a 'career day' in misses. But, he kicked the game winner in OT

Oh...that game. The comeback. Kelly threw two TDs in the last five minutes. Then Gazoo had the interception in OT to set up the FG. I love that game.