Coles visiting bengal tomorrow

Fingon

Then why would cincy be a threat...if they didnt offer it to Housh, who knows their system and is a better WR, why would they offer it to Coles...

Coles won't find the money he is looking for in Cincy...and Cincy is in a lot worse shape than us...plus we give him 2 shots at revenge each year on the Jets...

We are not out of this...

Your points are good, but their points that Cincy is the reason we're not getting Coles were bad to start with.

We are not, and never were in the running for Laverne and Shirley Coles. And I'm glad.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Coles goes to the Bengals I don't want to trade for Holt if that means it will be our only trade. I feel like if we do trade picks in a trade, that we won't make another one. I would much rather use picks to try and pry Brian Waters from KC rather than using those picks to get an aging WR

Sorry Bills fans, consider this one gone.

Hopefully this will allow the FO to get off it's butt and start focusing on other areas.

Well, I doubt the FO is paralyzed, waiting for Coles answer. But, I'm guessing the Bills' interest in Coles will wane, if he continues to put off the decision. If he comes back, and accepts the offer, I'll be happy. But, I don't expect the Bills to chase him, or anything.

If Coles goes to the Bengals I don't want to trade for Holt if that means it will be our only trade. I feel like if we do trade picks in a trade, that we won't make another one. I would much rather use picks to try and pry Brian Waters from KC rather than using those picks to get an aging WR

I wouldnt say that. I understand where you are coming from, that is the Bills not wanting to give up a lot of draft picks...BUT...if Holt can be had for a 4th and Waters can be had for a 3rd, I'd make both of those trades in a heartbeat.

We'd then have the option of filling our need for a pass rusher and a TE with our 1st and 2nd rounder.

I wouldnt say that. I understand where you are coming from, that is the Bills not wanting to give up a lot of draft picks...BUT...if Holt can be had for a 4th and Waters can be had for a 3rd, I'd make both of those trades in a heartbeat.

We'd then have the option of filling our need for a pass rusher and a TE with our 1st and 2nd rounder.

I agree with you that it makes sense, I just don't see them doing it

The Bengals will overpay for Coles, guarantee it. They've lost face with not being able to re-sign Housh, so its time for the consolation prize.

BGIM...this is Mike Brown you're talking about. :huh:

They didn't say a peep to TJ until these past few weeks. Their interest in these few weeks was just window dressing.

How embarrassing for the Bills FO (and us fans) that the Bills went after Coles and he doesn't want to sign there, even going to visit the Bengals. Shows how far we've fallen this decade.

He wants more money. We don't want to give him $6 million. We shouldn't give him $6 million.

The Bengals MIGHT give him it, since they just lost Housh.

:huh: Coles can take a hike - I don't like his attitude

Why? Because this is his last big payday in the NFL and he wants to maximize that for him and his family in terms of guaranteed money? Thats not an attitude problem, thats treating this for what it is...a business. Every time some owner cuts a player mid contract, they say its just a business and its part of the game. But as soon as a player treats it like a business and looks to do what is best for him and his family its blasphemy and he has a bad attitude.

Please, we would all be doing the same thing right now, and we don't even know for sure if Buffalo offered a contract, of if they did, what the contract was worth.

He clearly doesn't want to be a Bill, they should pull back on the offer and look elsewhere ASAP. We NEED a #2 in Free Agency....more than we need Greer back.

Bills need to call his bluff and bring in other receivers and leak it to the media abut the new contract negotiations

It's been pretty well reported that he is searching for more $$. He got out of his contract with the Jets because he thought he could get more on the open market.

True, that has been documented, but it has not been documented on why he is likely turning down the Bills. The Dolphins ended up not being interested, but when it was reported they were and offered less money than the Bills, it was reported he would likely go to the Phins.

Hence, its not just about money, he likely doesn't want to go to Buffalo.