Tim If You're Around Have You Heard Anything.

Nfl network reported there is an offer on the table for Coles from the Bills, but he has not signed it. All the analysts were saying its rolling the dice going past this 1st weekend, and that he should take the deal. Also if you were his agent who advised him to pass up the 6mill roster bonus, you should be in jeapordy of being fired.

This news worries me a bit. I just wonder why he hasn't signed yet? If we have the only deal on the table I think he would have taken it already. Hopefully for us I hope not

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, it is, and they also wipe the ball down between shots. But still ...

It doesn't help that the Wisniowka smells exactly like cherry cough syrup. One of the bottles Kenny took to Jacksonville (I think? It was before Phoenix ...) broke inside Dee's suitcase during the flight. She was NOT happy.

And I'll let Kenny tell you about the Secret Service guys in Tampa. :thumbsup:

Far as I know, the next tailgate is in Canton. C'mon down!

I'll be in Canton.

Oh, it is, and they also wipe the ball down between shots. But still ...

It doesn't help that the Wisniowka smells exactly like cherry cough syrup. One of the bottles Kenny took to Jacksonville (I think? It was before Phoenix ...) broke inside Dee's suitcase during the flight. She was NOT happy.

And I'll let Kenny tell you about the Secret Service guys in Tampa. :thumbsup:

Far as I know, the next tailgate is in Canton. C'mon down!

Have you ever had a shot of Jagermeister served out of the bar-top dispensers/coolers, like this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3MigE_KiX9o/SFBm.../102632401x.jpg

Do you really think they ever clean those things?

Have you ever had a shot of Jagermeister served out of the bar-top dispensers/coolers, like this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3MigE_KiX9o/SFBm.../102632401x.jpg

Do you really think they ever clean those things?

Maybe not, but they probably don't go rolling around in the gravel in Lot 1, either. Hammer and Buddy go for walks over there, you know.

Tim: Outstanding!

Maybe not, but they probably don't go rolling around in the gravel in Lot 1, either. Hammer and Buddy go for walks over there, you know.

OK, I just threw up in my mouth, a little. Thank goodness I have this cognac here, to wash it back down.

Nfl network reported there is an offer on the table for Coles from the Bills, but he has not signed it. All the analysts were saying its rolling the dice going past this 1st weekend, and that he should take the deal. Also if you were his agent who advised him to pass up the 6mill roster bonus, you should be in jeapordy of being fired.

It's not only that Stussy, the news reports I've read from NYC state clearly that the Jets wanted to lock him up for the remaining two years and were guaranteeing him $11 million for two more seasons.

He wanted to test the market so they let him. Definitely the agent is on the hot seat. His judgement and ability to read the market have been brought into question here.

Wherever he lands, it'll be interesting to see if he gets the numbers he was shooting for.

It's not only that Stussy, the news reports I've read from NYC state clearly that the Jets wanted to lock him up for the remaining two years and were guaranteeing him $11 million for two more seasons.

He wanted to test the market so they let him. Definitely the agent is on the hot seat. His judgement and ability to read the market have been brought into question here.

Wherever he lands, it'll be interesting to see if he gets the numbers he was shooting for.

Again, just guessing, but a desperate agent, looking to make up for a bad decision, supports my wild theory.

If he helps us win games, how can u call that overpaying? We as fans don't profit a dime from the Bills being under the cap, if it were up to me, I'd want to have as many "studs" in here as possible and be maxxed out to the cap every year. i don't give a sheet how much money Wilson profits.

You have no idea how the salary cap and team chemistry work. All you need to do is look at the Redskins for cap mismanagement and the follies of getting big stars all the time.

If a team spends a crapload on one player it affects how the team can spend on other players. The Bills idea is to spend wisely. They haven't been able to hit on some of their FA's but they're making the best decisions financially. JMO

You have no idea how the salary cap and team chemistry work. All you need to do is look at the Redskins for cap mismanagement and the follies of getting big stars all the time.

If a team spends a crapload on one player it affects how the team can spend on other players. The Bills idea is to spend wisely. They haven't been able to hit on some of their FA's but they're making the best decisions financially. JMO

Too put a QUICK END TO THIS ARGUMENT, who has been to the playoffs more in the last 9 years?

If he helps us win games, how can u call that overpaying? We as fans don't profit a dime from the Bills being under the cap, if it were up to me, I'd want to have as many "studs" in here as possible and be maxxed out to the cap every year. i don't give a sheet how much money Wilson profits.

:thumbsup::D

Somehow, over the last three years or so, there is a segment of folks here whose focus on rooting for the Bills, seems to have shifted from pulling for the team win games on Sundays during he autumn and winter, to seeing how little money the Bills can spend, while still fielding a team. The high fiving that goes on after every pathetic free agent signing makes me want to hurl sometimes. There are those who assume that every time a name player is cut, the Bills would be idiots to even think, for a second, that they could somehow contribute to our roster of super heroes. These are the people who are enabling our ownership to field a crappy team year in year out...

Not to be a jerk Steely, cuz you are one of my favorites around here, but list for me, in your opinion, the best 5 free agent signings the Bills have made since 2001. I am willing to bet, the list won't be all that impressive. Off the top of my head, I am coming up with London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams... all former Bills, still in the NFL, all from the Tom Donohoe regime.

Too put a QUICK END TO THIS ARGUMENT, who has been to the playoffs more in the last 9 years?

You really think sporadically making the playoffs (which has been the end result of the Skins rampant spending, and turning over of the team year in, and year out) settles that argument?

Seriously?

Unless some team can demonstrate some teams having real success with that strategy, I'd say the argument is still open for discussion.

That...doesn't make any sense. The Redskins have sunk nearly billions into free agents and have what to show for it? An 0-3 playoff record in the completely arbitrary timespan you devised? Yeah...

You really think sporadically making the playoffs (which has been the end result of the Skins rampant spending, and turning over of the team year in, and year out) settles that argument?

Seriously?

Unless some team can demonstrate some teams having real success with that strategy, I'd say the argument is still open for discussion.

Sporadically making the playoffs would be a milestone for our organization, and as a fan, I HOPE for the playoffs every year. If we made them 2-3 times/ decade I'd be a happy fan. If I recall, baltimore was pretty close to the max in cap spending, the patriots were pretty close, Indy is close to the max every year. These are competitive teams every year. I'm not arguing in any which way that the draft is not important, but we never spend anywhere close to the cap. It shows up on the field every year. Our starting teams are decent, but we have zero depth. If schobel goes out, who steps in, and look at the results (2008). Josh reed goes out, all of a sudden trent edwards looks like he cant play. crowell gets hurt etc etc... Other teams get injured players and have people who can step in and not miss a beat. You mean to tell me that if we added TJ Whosyourmomma, Bart Scott, resign greer, and sign Jason brown (we could afford to do all of them under the cap), that we would not be a more competitive team and have more W's at the end of the year? At least we wouldn't go 0-6 in the division.

YAY! Let's go get somehow that Bill Parcells does not want, when he needs a WR and this one is his QB's best buddy and WR from the past.

Sounds BRILLIANT on Buffalo's part!

The Dolphins haven't gone after TJ Housh...would he be a bad signing? They haven't gone after Ray Lewis...I guess he's worthless too. Yeah, when it comes to free agent signings, we should just wait to see who the Dolphins interview and THEN go after them.

Coles has averaged 80 receptions over the last 8 seasons, and has simply had impeccable consistency with no signs of slowing down. AND we're a team with only one legitimate receiving option (I love Reed to death but he is not a #2 receiver)...so please explain to me why we shouldn't sign Coles.

That...doesn't make any sense. The Redskins have sunk nearly billions into free agents and have what to show for it? An 0-3 playoff record in the completely arbitrary timespan you devised? Yeah...

For me making the playoffs means you had success within your division. I don't know what it means to you? Winning the game is a whole other element. I want a chance to go to A PLAYOFF GAME.

For me making the playoffs means you had success within your division. I don't know what it means to you? Winning the game is a whole other element. I want a chance to go to A PLAYOFF GAME.

I'm not going to respond to this more than once because you don't make any sense, but I don't think Washington has won their division in like ten years, making the playoffs as a wildcard team occassionally. And I can think of many, many teams who have success year in and year out and don't spend money like a teenager at the mall every off-season (NE, Indy, Denver, SD, NYG, Pitt to name just a few).

Not true. They beat the Chris Simms led Tampa Bay Bucs in the first round in 2006. They ended up losing to Seattle in the following round. It was the year Pittsburgh beat Seattle in the SB.