Carolina OL Geoff Hangartner signs with the Bills

kdipirro

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so he must have started every season he played then.

I'm sorry that you're in denial that the Bills want to pin their interior line help on a career backup, and you can't deny that's what he's been.

Do I like the signing if we get him? Of course. We need quality depth guys like him on the interior of the line. But if we still don't draft a center or get more quality bodies there and expect Hangartner to be our next great for 10 years then I'd be extremely worried.

I live in Carolina, I watch the Panthers every week. I follow the team quite closely. I am curious to know what your basing your opinions and statements on because so far, you're just making an ass of yourself. Carloina would love to still have him. It is a contract and numbers game.

CHECK THIS OUT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Hangartner

Geoffrey Thomas Hangartner (born April 22, 1982 in Houston, Texas) is an American football player who currently plays center for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. He played college football at Texas A&M University.

* OK...didn't know he actually signed when I went to look him up. my bad.

I live in Carolina, I watch the Panthers every week. I follow the team quite closely. I am curious to know what your basing your opinions and statements on because so far, you're just making an ass of yourself. Carloina would love to still have him. It is a contract and numbers game.

Of course they'd love to have him back. Solid interior lineman that can play all 3 positions as a backup are important.

Kendall Simmons?

Yeah, he was a solid starter and 1st rd. pick. But a torn Achilles from last season?? Doesn't that take at least 2 years to get back as full flexibilty as is possible?

Huge risk. Though it could be a solid, long term solution.

I don't like Simmons because of the injury. The Steelers had to know what they were doing when they released him.

Why is me telling it like it is so bad?

I like the guy, I love the signing. But he's not great, and that's the truth. He's an upgrade, and seems like a quality person. He's not outstanding, and probably not better than decent/good.

What am I saying that is wrong?

Solely based on how effectively Williams and Stewart ran up the middle this year, I'd say we have a winner. He's a really big guy too.

He is NOT really big. He is smaller than Duke Preston, and 10 lbs lighter (2 inches bigger) than Fowler was.

*I have read that he is not very strong against the NT's of the 3-4. He will probably be our LG.

I am not well versed on him, I can't admit to seeing him in live action much, but hasn't he played guard and center? If so which would he be a better fit in and would he contend for the starting LG spot?

The fact that the VText actually said "Free Agent CENTER" indicates thats where they are going to use him.

Look I hope he pans out. I admit, I dont know much about the guy. I know that he has some kind of quality to be an NFL player. But.....

I kinda get tired of signing teams backups to be our starters.......sometimes its ok to sign guys who have made pro bowls, you know guys who have been productive.

Same crap every year.....we raid other teams backups constantly and it gets us nothing.

But I really do hope the guy works out if he indeed did sign.

Mitchell and Dockery go against that statement and Stroud goes against the next. IIRC, Langston Walker was a starter too.

This isn't meant for you specifically but Dockery's contract dispels the myth of Ralph being cheap too.

The fact that the VText actually said "Free Agent CENTER" indicates thats where they are going to use him.

Makes sense, can't say I read the text word for word like yourself more or less read it and remember him starting at both if I remember correctly. But let's nit-pick rather and give stellar responses like your own.