Laveranues has left the building

silvermike

Sounds like the Bills are spending the extra millions that they made from the Toronto game on bringing players in, wining and dining them and flying them back out when they don't sign. Sounds like maybe our front office isn't capable of selling this area or this team very well.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Buffalo Rumblings, Coles hasn't left.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/2/27/...coles-fitzpatri

IF these sources are accurate, there is some good and bad news. Good news is obviously the Laverneous coles news. The bad news is that it mentioned that the Bills are not prepared to pay an interior lineman $7 Million a year. If that's the case, there goes Jason Brown or Birk.

I think Buffalo is the place to come to get an offer to take to other more desirable clubs.

Exactly, the Bills are the agent's whores to use them just to raise the price up when they have no intention on signing in Buffalo to begin with. This is getting quite pathetic, not to mention depressing.

How much does everyone think Laveranues Coles should get paid per year at an average?

Good question. The 32nd highest paid WRs (based on 2 starting WRs per team) last year were T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Wes Welker who had cap values of about $3.7 million. The 16th highest paid WR (based on 1 number one receiver per team), Steve Smith had a cap value of about $5.8 million.

Coles is probably a poor man's number one receiver or a pretty good number two receiver. He convinced the Jets to release him from the last two years of his contract which would have paid him a total of $11 million. This is being viewed as a big risk on his part.

He's probably hoping for a 4 year contract worth at least $22 million with about $15 million guaranteed. This is about the minimum he'd probably accept. We'll see if he gets it.

Sounds like the Bills are spending the extra millions that they made from the Toronto game on bringing players in, wining and dining them and flying them back out when they don't sign. Sounds like maybe our front office isn't capable of selling this area or this team very well.

do you think we might move cause of this?

I think I'll actually trust Chris Brown (who gets paid by the team) over some fan on the internet.

I disagree. These guys are more than just fan's on the internet. They actually have some good sources. Chris Brown didn't even say it. There is a little caption on the Bills website that says "Coles departs Buffalo without a deal". I think that he left the facility, but could still be physically in town.

How much does everyone think Laveranues Coles should get paid per year at an average?

3 yrs. 12M & a 4M SB

That's about perfect with what I'd say too. :lol: It will be interesting to see what he ends up getting.

According to Buffalo Rumblings, Coles hasn't left.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/2/27/...coles-fitzpatri

BTW, where's the dingus from Billzone who made those predictions about the FA period?

I don't mean gordong

Exactly, the Bills are the agent's whores to use them just to raise the price up when they have no intention on signing in Buffalo to begin with. This is getting quite pathetic, not to mention depressing.

I know it seems that way, but maybe the most frustrating thing is .... we don't know if they are doing that or if the Bills just stop pursuing guys when the price gets too high for them.

whats the obsession with coles? He's older, had ankle and concussion problems, I'd be happier with Nate Washington.

I guess the main reason he came to the B-Low in the first place is because he KNEW the Bills have a need for a strong #2 WR

AND to see if the Bills were willing to overpay for his services like they did Dockery.

Im sure the Bills made an offer but after Dockery they are not dumb enough to overpay a guy who has concussion problems

Having said that he would have made a nice addition for even 1 yr but at the right price id say 3 million per year with incentives for playing time, total TDs stuff like that

link?

Rotoworld

A deal between the Rams and C/G Jason Brown is reportedly "imminent."

No other details are available. We had Brown ranked as the number two overall free agent available, so clearly we think it's a great potential move. Especially for Steven Jackson.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Not done.....but not far away.

That's about perfect with what I'd say too. :D It will be interesting to see what he ends up getting.

BTW, where's the dingus from Billzone who made those predictions about the FA period?

I don't mean gordong

why would you turn down a guaranteed $6 Million this year for that deal?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I want him here. I'm just concerned at what cost.