NFL Network

BillsNYC

Was just watching NFL Network panel (and it was live), including Adam Shefter, and they said for Coles to turn down $6 million in guaranteed money from the Jets means he must have a deal in place already with another team.

What amazes me is that Shefter says he's not visiting any teams today and hasn't been confirmed anywhere. Lombardi goes on to say that he would expect him to be in Miami right now but he hasn't confirmed it.

What planet are these guys on? How could NFL Network, Shefter especially, not know Coles is in Buffalo right now?

That's pretty bad.

Was just watching NFL Network panel (and it was live), including Adam Shefter, and they said for Coles to turn down $6 million in guaranteed money from the Jets means he must have a deal in place already with another team.

What amazes me is that Shefter says he's not visiting any teams today and hasn't been confirmed anywhere. Lombardi goes on to say that he would expect him to be in Miami right now but he hasn't confirmed it.

What planet are these guys on? How could NFL Network, Shefter especially, not know Coles is in Buffalo right now?

That's pretty bad.

Pay Coles...even if its for one season

dfsdfsdfsadfsdfsdfsa

That's pretty bad.

It's pretty bad but I'm listening to music and watching Lindsay Soto on NFL Network... she's hot

No kidding, NYC. What, they don't read ESPN?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-133...y-visitors.html

The funniest thing to me is that it was visually confirmed by Chris Brown per his blog on buffalobills.com. Buffalobills.com is of course the official web site of the Buffalo Bills and the parent web site would be NFL.com, which is the site that Adam Schefter blogs for.

The funniest thing to me is that it was visually confirmed by Chris Brown per his blog on buffalobills.com. Buffalobills.com is of course the official web site of the Buffalo Bills and the parent web site would be NFL.com, which is the site that Adam Schefter blogs for.

Hysterical, isn't it? If I had Schefter's e-mail, I'd send him the link to the bb.com story.

Hysterical, isn't it? If I had Schefter's e-mail, I'd send him the link to the bb.com story.

Looks like they finally found out, with a staff report on Schefter's blog.

(Thanks for pointing that out, Tim.)

They seem to be scratching their heads some what when they mentioned that Coles was in Buffalo.

It's now on the crawl on the NFL Net with a "Breaking News: Adam Schefter reports ..." tag.

Yeah. Nice scoop there, Adam. :lol:

The added bonus of adding coles: It will free up our TE in the middle of the field. They are going to have to account for both Evans and Coles on every down...throw in Reed, Johnson, or Parrish in a 3 WR set and they will gather a lot of attention...

So, D. Fine might become a play maker or some other TE we get likely in the draft or maybe in FA. Defenses still have to account for Lynch/Jackson out of the back field too...

Coles would be a really good signing IMO...Housh or Boldin would be best, but I will be happy with Coles

The added bonus of adding coles: It will free up our TE in the middle of the field. They are going to have to account for both Evans and Coles on every down...throw in Reed, Johnson, or Parrish in a 3 WR set and they will gather a lot of attention...

So, D. Fine might become a play maker or some other TE we get likely in the draft or maybe in FA. Defenses still have to account for Lynch/Jackson out of the back field too...

Coles would be a really good signing IMO...Housh or Boldin would be best, but I will be happy with Coles

you may have to change your off season dream. Winslow is gone, and Greer most likely won't resign.

regarding Coles, I'd like to have him as well. The only problem is that Coles turned down $6 Million this year to play for the Jets, he must feel that he can get more than that with someone else. I'm not really too keen on paying him that sort of money.

The only problem is that Coles turned down $6 Million this year to play for the Jets, he must feel that he can get more than that with someone else. I'm not really too keen on paying him that sort of money.

True, but another thought could be the instability of the QB position in NY might make Coles reluctant to sign with the Jets as well.

you may have to change your off season dream. Winslow is gone, and Greer most likely won't resign.

regarding Coles, I'd like to have him as well. The only problem is that Coles turned down $6 Million this year to play for the Jets, he must feel that he can get more than that with someone else. I'm not really too keen on paying him that sort of money.

the jets have the equivalent of Gibran hamdan slated as their starter at QB with a new headcoach, and new offensive system. I'd want out too. He may getmore stats than evans if he signs here. I'd love this pickup if we get it. Picture josh reed, but a little better.

the jets have the equivalent of Gibran hamdan slated as their starter at QB with a new headcoach, and new offensive system. I'd want out too. He may getmore stats than evans if he signs here. I'd love this pickup if we get it. Picture josh reed, but a little better.

so how much is a fair price to pay him?

If you're referencing the original poster in this thread, he didn't say Coles turned down $6M per year, but rather that Coles turned down $6M in total guarantees, which isn't all that much.