Now that Haynesworth signed for $100 mill

Justice

Stroud is a good DT, but the rest of these guys have to know that this is a result of the coming uncapped season. Most of these "big-money" contracts have HEAVY payouts over the next 2 seasons. On that note, I think Stroud is worth $7-$8 million a year at this point.

that's what I like about you b. always looking for that silver lining

Well, it is a well known fact that Stroud wanted out of Jacksonville because they wouldn't re-work his deal. He even went as far as stating that "the Bills would want to approach HIM for new deal after they see him play". So take that FWIW.

Why don't you just write my posts for me and I'll just sign on to it?

• 1 month later...
Stroud is a good DT, but the rest of these guys have to know that this is a result of the coming uncapped season. Most of these "big-money" contracts have HEAVY payouts over the next 2 seasons. On that note, I think Stroud is worth $7-$8 million a year at this point.

Good call!!! You were right on the money.

I remember when the trade went down and the talk was that the Bills had re-structured his contract as part of the trade.

"Sources are reporting that Stroud has re-worked his deal to include more guaranteed money, but his contract is not considered to have a "significant raise". He was due to make $16.5 million over the next three seasons on his current deal, a sum many consider to be the reasoning behind Jacksonville's willingness to shop their star defender."

As I posted in the other thread I did not see this coming nor did I see the T.O. signing coming. I'm surprised they extended Stroud, especially so lucratively.

Nevertheless, kudos to the original post(er) which I thought was silly and to H2O who nailed it.

There needs to be more of this: bumping threads after the fact. Sadly, there's too many threads surrounding certain topics, and with them, there's a never-ending stream of opinions to legitimatize/refute. I'd love to aggregate EVERY Peters thread/prediction once the situation settles, but that would be practically impossible. During training camp, just to be a wise as$, I amassed something like 28 different Jason Peters threads that were present in just the first three pages. That alone took almost an hour.