1st Round and Bills Entire Mock

H2o

After the combine, I've shifted quite a few players around. Some people shined and others faultered. I think it's safe to say that there has been some serious movement on draft boards after these last 5 days.

1. Detroit Lions - Jason Smith/OT/Baylor - Best OT in the draft and it showed at the combine. No QB is worth #1 this year

2. St. Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe/OT/Virginia - Second best OT in the draft and it's a need.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry/LB/Wake Forest - Probably the best player in the draft

4. Seattle Seahawks - Matthew Stafford/QB/Georgia - Their franchise QB to be.

5. Cleveland Browns - Everett Brown/DE-OLB/Florida St. - Some will say too early, but he fits their scheme. Rush OLB.

6. Cincinnatti Bengals - Michael Oher/OT/Ole Miss - 3rd OT to come off the board, but Cincy needs help at that spot.

7. Oakland Raiders - Michael Crabtree/WR/Texas Tech - Al Davis gets his man.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - B.J. Raji/DT/Boston College - Del Rio was salivating over the guy at the combine. The OL will have to wait.

9. Green Bay Packers - Tyson Jackson/DE/LSU - A new 3-4 scheme requires big run-stopping DE's. Impressive combine and tah dah.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Brian Orakpo/DE-OLB/Texas - They drive the stake home again just like 2 years ago with Patrick Willis.

11. Tampa Bay from Buffalo - Mark Sanchez/QB/USC - Tampa gets their QB of the future giving us their 2nd. They don't want to chance it any longer.

12. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing/OLB/USC - Versitile enough to play ILB or OLB in the new 3-4 scheme. Play maker.

13. Washington Redskins - Michael Johnson/DE/Georgia Tech - Who better to learn the position from in the NFL than Jason Taylor.

14. New Orleans Saints - Rey Maualuga/MLB/USC - They wanted Cushing, but will settle for his play making teammate.

15. Houston Texans - Malcolm Jenkins/CB-S/Ohio St. - They'll see if he can play CB in the NFL. If not, he'll be their starting FS.

16. San Diego Chargers - Andre Smith/OT/Alabama - McNeil on one side and Smith on the other? Can you say "book ends".

17. New York Jets - Beanie Wells/RB/Ohio St. - Jones is aging(31 by opening day) and Beanie is the top prospect at the position.

18. Chicago Bears - Aaron Maybin/DE/Penn St. - They need DE help, but they do our FO a favor by getting him off the board.

19. Buffalo from Tampa Bay - Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss - The disruptive force at DT needed beside Stroud in the Tampa 2.

20. Detroit Lions - William Beatty/OT/UConn - A toss up between him and Britton from UA. A bit of a reach, but a good player.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Alex Mack/C/Cal - Anchor that will be protecting McNabb from day 1 he arrives.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Vontae Davis/CB/Illinois - Even after the combine, still the 2nd best CB. Good pickup for the Vikes.

23. New England Patriots - Larry English/DE-OLB/Northern Illinois - Will shift to the OLB spot in the 3-4 and be effective. More youth infusion.

24. Atlanta Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew/TE/Ok. State - Matt Ryan and Roddy White are further set up for success.

25. Miami Dolphins - Kenny Britt/WR/Rutgers - They still need a #1 WR and Britt's size and ability remind me of a young T.O.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jeremy Maclin/WR/Mizzou - Derrick Mason is a good WR to learn the game from.

27. Indianapolis Colts - Percy Harvin/WR/Florida - Marvin's replacement and a good value this late in the 1st. Immediate KR/PR.

28. Philadelphia Eagles - Eben Britton/OT/Arizona - The OL revamping continues. Britton could play either OT spot or OG.

29. New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks/WR/UNC - Bye Amani and possibly Plaxico. Nicks could start day 1 and be effective. Chemistry with Eli is key.

30. Tennessee Titans - Darrius Heyward-Bey/WR/Maryland - The Titans finally don't take a RB in the 1st, LOL. DHB could be a good WR for a long time.

31. Arizona Cardinals - Knowshon Moreno/RB/Georgia - Hurt by his 40, but won't fall past the defending NFC champs. Not a bad situation.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Duke Robinson/OG/Oklahoma - What do you get the SB champs? A beast of an OG to help protect their $102 million dollar man.

Buffalo's 2009 draft:

1. Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss

2a. Robert Ayers/DE/Tennessee

2b(from Tampa). Eric Wood/C/Louisville

3. Marcus Freeman/OLB/Ohio St.

4. Cornelius Ingram/TE/Florida

5. Joel Bell/OT/Furman

6. Jamarko Simmons/WR/Western Michigan

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

After the combine, I've shifted quite a few players around. Some people shined and others faultered. I think it's safe to say that there has been some serious movement on draft boards after these last 5 days.

1. Detroit Lions - Jason Smith/OT/Baylor - Best OT in the draft and it showed at the combine. No QB is worth #1 this year

2. St. Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe/OT/Virginia - Second best OT in the draft and it's a need.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry/LB/Wake Forest - Probably the best player in the draft

5. Cleveland Browns - Everett Brown/DE-OLB/Florida St. - Some will say too early, but he fits their scheme. Rush OLB.

6. Cincinnatti Bengals - Michael Oher/OT/Ole Miss - 3rd OT to come off the board, but Cincy needs help at that spot.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - B.J. Raji/DT/Boston College - Del Rio was salivating over the guy at the combine. The OL will have to wait.

9. Green Bay Packers - Tyson Jackson/DE/LSU - A new 3-4 scheme requires big run-stopping DE's. Impressive combine and tah dah.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Brian Orakpo/DE-OLB/Texas - They drive the stake home again just like 2 years ago with Patrick Willis.

11. Tampa Bay from Buffalo - Mark Sanchez/QB/USC - Tampa gets their QB of the future giving us their 2nd. They don't want to chance it any longer.

12. Denver Broncos - Brian Cushing/OLB/USC - Versitile enough to play ILB or OLB in the new 3-4 scheme. Play maker.

13. Washington Redskins - Michael Johnson/DE/Georgia Tech - Who better to learn the position from in the NFL than Jason Taylor.

14. New Orleans Saints - Rey Maualuga/MLB/USC - They wanted Cushing, but will settle for his play making teammate.

15. Houston Texans - Malcolm Jenkins/CB-S/Ohio St. - They'll see if he can play CB in the NFL. If not, he'll be their starting FS.

16. San Diego Chargers - Andre Smith/OT/Alabama - McNeil on one side and Smith on the other? Can you say "book ends".

17. New York Jets - Beanie Wells/RB/Ohio St. - Jones is aging(31 by opening day) and Beanie is the top prospect at the position.

18. Chicago Bears - Aaron Maybin/DE/Penn St. - They need DE help, but they do our FO a favor by getting him off the board.

19. Buffalo from Tampa Bay - Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss - The disruptive force at DT needed beside Stroud in the Tampa 2.

20. Detroit Lions - William Beatty/OT/UConn - A toss up between him and Britton from UA. A bit of a reach, but a good player.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Alex Mack/C/Cal - Anchor that will be protecting McNabb from day 1 he arrives.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Vontae Davis/CB/Illinois - Even after the combine, still the 2nd best CB. Good pickup for the Vikes.

23. New England Patriots - Larry English/DE-OLB/Northern Illinois - Will shift to the OLB spot in the 3-4 and be effective. More youth infusion.

24. Atlanta Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew/TE/Ok. State - Matt Ryan and Roddy White are further set up for success.

25. Miami Dolphins - Kenny Britt/WR/Rutgers - They still need a #1 WR and Britt's size and ability remind me of a young T.O.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jeremy Maclin/WR/Mizzou - Derrick Mason is a good WR to learn the game from.

27. Indianapolis Colts - Percy Harvin/WR/Florida - Marvin's replacement and a good value this late in the 1st. Immediate KR/PR.

28. Philadelphia Eagles - Eben Britton/OT/Arizona - The OL revamping continues. Britton could play either OT spot or OG.

29. New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks/WR/UNC - Bye Amani and possibly Plaxico. Nicks could start day 1 and be effective. Chemistry with Eli is key.

30. Tennessee Titans - Darrius Heyward-Bey/WR/Maryland - The Titans finally don't take a RB in the 1st, LOL. DHB could be a good WR for a long time.

31. Arizona Cardinals - Knowshon Moreno/RB/Georgia - Hurt by his 40, but won't fall past the defending NFC champs. Not a bad situation.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Duke Robinson/OG/Oklahoma - What do you get the SB champs? A beast of an OG to help protect their $102 million dollar man.

Buffalo's 2009 draft:

5. Joel Bell/OT/Furman

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

I don't mean this to sound as offensive as it will, but have you seen stafford play? He has every bit as good of an arm as cutler and has experience/intangibles. I don't know how you could say he's not worth 1st overall.

I don't mean this to sound as offensive as it will, but have you seen stafford play? He has every bit as good of an arm as cutler and has experience/intangibles. I don't know how you could say he's not worth 1st overall.

Offensive? Not at all bro'. Yeah, I've seen Stafford on a number of occasions since he was a Freshman thrown in there. I just don't see him or Sanchez as guys that Detroit will target. I'm leaning toward Jason Smith or Curry as their pick. JMO though.

Buffalo's 2009 draft:

5. Joel Bell/OT/Furman

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

Nice work H2o. I think the qb's might also drop a little bit but we'll have to see.

I LOVE Peria Jerry and Robert Ayers as the first two picks. Excellent trade down scenario. The question in my mind is the absolute steal you project in the 4th round getting Cornelius Ingram? I am NOT thinking he will last anywhere near that long. Did you see him at the combine? He is directly out of Gods' mold for a TE!!

I LOVE Peria Jerry and Robert Ayers as the first two picks. Excellent trade down scenario. The question in my mind is the absolute steal you project in the 4th round getting Cornelius Ingram? I am NOT thinking he will last anywhere near that long. Did you see him at the combine? He is directly out of Gods' mold for a TE!!

Yeah, I watched his combine performance. Cuz is built like a brick house. There are just soooo many TE's that, with his injury history, I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that something like this will happen, LOL. I like Casey as well. I also like Coffman, but I am sketchy about a big man with foot problems. I don't think that we can afford to take Cook in the 2nd and miss out on much needed Center and DE.

Offensive? Not at all bro'. Yeah, I've seen Stafford on a number of occasions since he was a Freshman thrown in there. I just don't see him or Sanchez as guys that Detroit will target. I'm leaning toward Jason Smith or Curry as their pick. JMO though.

Fair enough. I kinda subscribe to the "if you suck, and you can take a qb like stafford, you do it" crowd. Also, the "QBs tend to go 1st overall" crowd kinda had me thinking he'd go to the lions.

I really have no crystal ball to know what they really think, but I mean just judging by how it usually works out, you would think stafford would be the pick.

Good work overall, though.

Nice work H2o. I think the qb's might also drop a little bit but we'll have to see.

Good draft, but I doubt if Tampa would move up to us when no-one below us would take a QB until the Jets at 17, which means they could make the deal wth San Diego at 16 and give up less in return.

Since I this the scenario as unlikely, who do you think they'll pick at 11? I suspect Maybin as third-down left DE.

Another question: you don't have Barwin in the first round, but I think his combine might tempt a lot of teams, including the Bills, and if the Tampa trade worked out, that might be the pick instead of a DT.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Great job! :worthy:

I want to make the prediction that if Coffman is deemed to be healthy before draft day, I think he will be a late first, or early second round pick.

Every year I spot a player or 2 who jumps out with star potential. Of course, I am just as likely to miss as to hit, but imo that kid is going to have a very good career.

Buffalo's 2009 draft:

5. Joel Bell/OT/Furman

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

If the Bills end up with that draft and that talent level, Brandon will be deemed a genius. If it happens, it will be concluded that Brandon checks this site to figure out what he is doing as a GM. I hate to sound sour on the Front Office and Coaching staff but it is VERY unlikely that they could draft a team as talented as the one you Mocked.

It could go down as possibly one of the best of all time but very unlikely they are smart enough to get that kind of talent on all 8 picks.

19. Buffalo from Tampa Bay - Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss - The disruptive force at DT needed beside Stroud in the Tampa

No mock draft is complete without a trade down scenario resulting in the pickup of a 2nd rounder used to select player who will be off the board late 1st early second

Buffalo's 2009 draft:

5. Joel Bell/OT/Furman

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

Nice job on this. Very well thought out, including trade scenario. I would love it!

Thanks!

Buffalo's 2009 draft:

5. Joel Bell/OT/Furman

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

I really like this mock! However, regardless of his combine, I'm still a fan of Pettigrew. With your trade down scenario I would no longer have a problem taking him with our first pick. If that were to happen, I would take Sammie Lee Hill from Stillman with our 4th rd selection. Big, quick, athletic guy. Only knock is "man among boy's" in lower level competition.

Good draft, but I doubt if Tampa would move up to us when no-one below us would take a QB until the Jets at 17, which means they could make the deal wth San Diego at 16 and give up less in return.

Since I this the scenario as unlikely, who do you think they'll pick at 11? I suspect Maybin as third-down left DE.

Another question: you don't have Barwin in the first round, but I think his combine might tempt a lot of teams, including the Bills, and if the Tampa trade worked out, that might be the pick instead of a DT.

I have Tampa moving up because they don't know if Detroit is on the phone, Chicago is on the phone, or anyone else with us trying to get Sanchez before they can. They give us a good propostion and we take it.

If we stay @ #11 in this mock, I think that we take Michael Johnson. People will say that it's a terrible reach for a guy with the questions surrounding whether he brings it on every play. I say that we get him because he DOES HAVE the potential to be a great edge rusher in the NFL after the mold of Jason Taylor and Julius Peppers. He reminds me more of Jason Taylor though, but he's heavier and uses that weight to gain leverage quicker. If we stayed @ #11 this would be my Bills mock:

1. Peria Jerry/DT/OLe Miss

2. Robert Ayers/DE/Tennessee

3. Antoine Caldwell/C/Alabama

5. Zack Follett/OLB/Cal

7. Seth Olsen/OG/Iowa

I edited what I first posted. I still think we take Jerry and get Ayers in the 2nd. We get our Center in the 3rd and TE in the 4th. I don't really know if Follett is there in the 5th, kinda wishful thinkig like with Ingram.

This mock is well thought out except, I do not see the Seahawks taking a QB. It is not a priority with MH coming back healty. Sanchez did not have a good combine and neither QB is a top 10 pick by many experts. I do not think that the BUCs think Sanchez is worth giving up a second to move up just a few spots. Just my opinion.