From a Bills standpoint...

Both quarterbacks were underwhelming. Stafford didn't work out so his stock could go back up but both were shorter than expected and many scouts will make that a big deal.

In addition, Andre Smith imploded.

That means three players who we hoped would be taken in front of us may not be.

On top of that, two other fallers, Michael Crabtree and Malcolm Jenkins are not viewed as primary needs for us. Some would favor taking Crabtree if he were available and all OSU DB jokes aside, there would actually be an argument for taking Jenkins too if he were available.

Nevertheless, none of this makes me happy, t'was a bad combine for the Bills I think.

Both quarterbacks were underwhelming. Stafford didn't work out so his stock could go back up but both were shorter than expected and many scouts will make that a big deal.

That makes three players who we hoped would be taken in front of us may not be.

On top of that, two other fallers, Michael Crabtree and Malcolm Jenkins are not viewed as primary needs for us. Some would favor taking Crabtree if he were available and all OSU DB jokes aside, there would actually be an argument for taking Jenkins too if he were available.

Nevertheless, none of this makes me happy, t'was a bad combine for the Bills I think.

On the other hand, they may have Andre Smith #1 on their board, so this combine was outstanding. WE really have no idea what the people making the picks for the Bills are thinking. Don't get too down.

That makes three players who we hoped would be taken in front of us may not be.

The combine was disappointing, but not disappointing enough to make the first 10 teams all up and change their picks. I think the Lions and 49ers will stay go after Stafford and Sanchez. Seattle's WR corps is a joke, so they would be well served to take Crabtree. If they don't, Oakland will. I thought Andre Smith would go to the Bungles, but with recent developments they might go Eugene Monroe instead.

If we have our eyes on Orakpo or Pettigrew, I bet they are both still around at 11.

I read a summary of the combine and they said Sanchez had a great combine and with another good outing on his proday it could cement him as a top 10 pick and even see some teams trying to trade up to get him. In fact, they were speculating on SF taking him at 10 and saying with a good pro day he wont be there at 10.

So not all bad.

Crabtree may slide from 4 to 7 but not out of top 10 IMO

I've always wondered if players deliberately tank the combine so they don't get drafted by a bad team. Consider this scenario: Bill Belichick calls agent and says they want player X. Willing to make it worth their while. Agent tells player X Pats* want him so dog it in the combine so no higher picks will not take him. Not saying this is happening, but I've always wondered.

PTR

I've always wondered if players deliberately tank the combine so they don't get drafted by a bad team. Consider this scenario: Bill Belichick calls agent and says they want player X. Willing to make it worth their while. Agent tells player X Pats* want him so dog it in the combine so no higher picks will not take him. Not saying this is happening, but I've always wondered.

PTR

No way. The difference between a top 5 pick and a pick in the 20's is around $20 million.

PTR

Yes, the difference between Dorsey and McKelvin last year (#5 and #11) was $30 million. There's too much money at stake for this to be a plausible theory. But it is an interesting one.

Well as a Sabres fan that would be depressing. The Sharks play Detroit Wednesday night so that is a litmus test for them.

Good man, how about that 6-5 Sabres win over the Sharks? What a game.

If I remember correctly, San Jose is 1-1 against Detroit this year. 6-0 win for the Wings, then a 6-5 win for the Sharks.

PTR

I doubt it. Not to mention that most GMs will tell you that very little stock is put into the combine when it comes to draft positioning.

Good man, how about that 6-5 Sabres win over the Sharks? What a game.

If I remember correctly, San Jose is 1-1 against Detroit this year. 6-0 win for the Wings, then a 6-5 win for the Sharks.

By the way, sports fans in Buffalo are way, way more sophisticated than sports fans in the bay area. There are exceptions to that general rule but it's true. There's no one here in San Jose I can have an intelligent sports conversation with...that's why I...I come to...the stadium...what were we talking about Sage? :rolleyes:

If you have to go to this extreme I'm sure there are board members that would be all to happy to elect candidates to go with you in a murder / suicide scheme.

How does one go about getting nominated? I could see self-nomination for the suicide thing but the murder nomination part needs to be developed a bit more.

I read a summary of the combine and they said Sanchez had a great combine and with another good outing on his proday it could cement him as a top 10 pick and even see some teams trying to trade up to get him. In fact, they were speculating on SF taking him at 10 and saying with a good pro day he wont be there at 10.

So not all bad.

Crabtree may slide from 4 to 7 but not out of top 10 IMO

I read a report where it said Sanchez had alot of trouble throwing outside the hash marks. Anybody that picks Sanchez with a top 10 pick is making a big mistake. I would not take him in the first round.

PTR

Your posts usually make some sense relatively speaking to some of the crap that is usually posted on this board but I nominate this post for dumbest post of the day.

I read a report where it said Sanchez had alot of trouble throwing outside the hash marks. Anybody that picks Sanchez with a top 10 pick is making a big mistake. I would not take him in the first round.

Interesting that there are contradicting reports on his combine. Wonder which is more accurate. Should be interesting going into his pro day.

Interesting that there are contradicting reports on his combine. Wonder which is more accurate. Should be interesting going into his pro day.

I watched this guy play quite a bit last year. I think the only reason he came out was because he knew Mccoy/Tebow/Bradford were staying in school & the qb class was weak. I think this guy has bust written all over him. Not really crazy about Stafford either. Guy has got a cannon for an arm but he really was not all that productive in College. He was really hyped coming into Georgia but I have never been really impressed with the guy.