Since the day Obama won the democrat nomination

VABills

Must be true then. Yup, he's gonna take us right down to zero. Then you can thump your chest and say "I told you so" except you'll be living in a cave eating dirt so it really won't matter will it.

Better stock up on that plastic and duct tape.

It was predicted last fall that the market would go down to 4000 before it got better. But OOPS that was when Bush was running thing. But what the hell, let's get it on record here now because I haven't seen it mentioned yet. Guess you folks weren't paying that much attention then eh?

It was predicted last fall that the market would go down to 4000 before it got better. But OOPS that was when Bush was running thing. But what the hell, let's get it on record here now because I haven't seen it mentioned yet. Guess you folks weren't paying that much attention then eh?

Unless you're referring to fall 2007, you've done nothing to advance your point as the OP cleverly assigned Obama retroactive responsibility for all things sh-t since August.

By who?

It's also been predicted, in the past, that the Dow would go to 30k, and drop below 1000. If predictions were worth sh--, the people making them would be on some Carribean beach sipping colorful fru-fru resort drinks with umbrellas in 'em. The simple fact that they continue to get paid money to make predictions belies their ability to make the accurate predictions to begin with.

By who?

It's also been predicted, in the past, that the Dow would go to 30k, and drop below 1000. If predictions were worth sh--, the people making them would be on some Carribean beach sipping colorful fru-fru resort drinks with umbrellas in 'em. The simple fact that they continue to get paid money to make predictions belies their ability to make the accurate predictions to begin with.

I have to find the name - it was in an article I read today and my response was @##$@ I hope he/she is wrong.

I remember when the Dow broke 10k. It was a big deal. My grandfather was a VP on the stock exchange and I remember wondering what he'd have made of it all...

It will continue to fluctuate until people settle down and realize there's never a quick fix.

It will continue to fluctuate until people settle down and realize there's never a quick fix.

It will continue until there's some predictability. Obama's lack of details in the bailout, his flip-flop on taxes (over the weekend), his inability to quench bank nationalization rumors, his carczar/opps-committee for auto, and new spending initiatives like healthcare (coming next week) are not helping the market feel like he's a predictable guy.

VABills is baiting you. Much of this falls on the governments of both admins, much of it falls on the provate sector, but some of it--without a doubt--falls on Obama's shoulders.

It will continue until there's some predictability. Obama's lack of details in the bailout, his flip-flop on taxes (over the weekend), his inability to quench bank nationalization rumors, his carczar/opps-committee for auto, and new spending initiatives like healthcare (coming next week) are not helping the market feel like he's a predictable guy.

VABills is baiting you. Much of this falls on the governments of both admins, much of it falls on the provate sector, but some of it--without a doubt--falls on Obama's shoulders.

To a point yeah, but look at when the market tanked. It was May when the nomination was wrapped up. Coincidence, probably not. You have to think the bosys on the street knew that things were going to become very strange with Reid, Pelosi and the messiah in charge.

To a point yeah, but look at when the market tanked. It was May when the nomination was wrapped up. Coincidence, probably not. You have to think the bosys on the street knew that things were going to become very strange with Reid, Pelosi and the messiah in charge.

May was also the last time there was a feeling that the financials would stabilize. It just happened to coincide with Obama's state victories. The situation is a bit more complex than who's in office, although they're certainly not helping things.

My grandfather was a VP on the stock exchange and I remember wondering what he'd have made of it all...

Limousine Liberal! :devil: Not that we didn't know already, but further confirmation is always nice. Bet you got all excited when you heard the quote "I've never been a man of the people, but I have always tried to be FOR the people" in Gladiator. As if that isn't the very definition of smug.

Question: Isn't it extremely easier and more effective to ask the "people" what they need when they are sitting next to you in the bar, rather than guessing about it while driving by them with the doors locked, windows up, in your BMW(or is it Merc?, I forgot)

Quickest fix available: Obama needs to stop his Carter-like blaming everybody else but himself for his problems/pretending he's not the President, and start taking the responsibility that comes with the authority of the job. We need less Carter/LBJ and more Truman/JFK("the buck stops here"), or this whole Obama thing is going to be over before it really starts. That would be a shame, because then we will take an even bigger hit, and we won't get the social benefit having a black man be a good President. It will give all the haters more ammo.

Look, Reagan took over in 1980 with a WORSE situation than Obama, and he overcame it anyway. Pretending that this recession is anywhere near as bad as the one Jimmy Carter's stupidity created simply isn't factual. We have better unemployment #s, and we sure as hell don't have the super-high interest rates that Carter and his Keynesian economic advisers created.

I don't want to hear any whining. You Dems have been saying "if only we were in power" for the last 8 years. Well, now you are, and you need to be prepared for the consequences if you f up. I'd be worried, if I were you, because Congress has done nothing but suck ass since 2006. You now have no one to blame but yourselves, and if you think that the Republicans are going to let you off the hook after all of your duplicity over the last 8 years, you're nuts.

I know this isn't the main reason for the state of the markets right now, but I'm of the opinion it's playing a larger role than many think. Obama has made a career out of standing behind people, tapping their left shoulder and quickly swinging his body around to flank their right shoulder while he shrugs his shoulder and mumbles "I have no idea who that could have been."

His lack of experience is getting him killed right now because despite his perception, many people are simply not that stupid. La Hood says "we may charge people gas taxes by the mile," people react negatively and Obama quickly says "Oh, no we won't." Gibbs says "We're not sure if we'll nationalize banks," people react negatively and Obama quickly says "Oh, no we won't." Libs all over say "It's time to re-enact the Fairness Doctrine," people react negatively and Obama quickly says "Oh, no we won't."

As a result, his administration already shows it has no idea where it's going, no idea how it's going to get there, and no idea who is going to lead the charge.

They are SO unpredictable, they're getting downright predictable.

Hey...maybe THAT'S his plan. He should get Gibbs to suggest it to the media and see how negatively everyone reacts before he steps in and denies it all.

I know this isn't the main reason for the state of the markets right now, but I'm of the opinion it's playing a larger role than many think. Obama has made a career out of standing behind people, tapping their left shoulder and quickly swinging his body around to flank their right shoulder while he shrugs his shoulder and mumbles "I have no idea who that could have been."

His lack of experience is getting him killed right now because despite his perception, many people are simply not that stupid. La Hood says "we may charge people gas taxes by the mile," people react negatively and Obama quickly says "Oh, no we won't." Gibbs says "We're not sure if we'll nationalize banks," people react negatively and Obama quickly says "Oh, no we won't." Libs all over say "It's time to re-enact the Fairness Doctrine," people react negatively and Obama quickly says "Oh, no we won't."

As a result, his administration already shows it has no idea where it's going, no idea how it's going to get there, and no idea who is going to lead the charge.

They are SO unpredictable, they're getting downright predictable.

Hey...maybe THAT'S his plan. He should get Gibbs to suggest it to the media and see how negatively everyone reacts before he steps in and denies it all.

It's amateur hour at the Improv. And unfortunately, we're all going to feel the effects.

This isn't funny any more.

Hey, did you hear the latest? Harry and Nancy want to spend ANOTHER $400+ Billion! WTF?

By who?

You always had those few people predicting it would fall to like 5,000. But I think the sheer numbers of people making those dire predictions are pretty staggering.

Hey, did you hear the latest? Harry and Nancy want to spend ANOTHER $400+ Billion! WTF?

The real latest will be nationalized healthcare. He's announcing the preliminary version of that tonight with more details next week. When he talks about it, he says that his admin will have to partner with the private sector, ie, raising corp taxes.

When that announcement comes, look for more DOW drop.

Really, once Obama gets a little more predictable, the market will rebound. Right now, there's no confidence in his actions and it's an already jittery market.

The real latest will be nationalized healthcare. He's announcing the preliminary version of that tonight with more details next week. When he talks about it, he says that his admin will have to partner with the private sector, ie, raising corp taxes.

When that announcement comes, look for more DOW drop.

Really, once Obama gets a little more predictable, the market will rebound. Right now, there's no confidence in his actions and it's an already jittery market.

Granted the market will not stay down forever, but do you think that bounce will bery big if The One is able to actually pass the things he wants? I would argue that investors will not run back to the markets to invest in Government programs.