Since the day Obama won the democrat nomination

VABills

By who?

It's also been predicted, in the past, that the Dow would go to 30k, and drop below 1000. If predictions were worth sh--, the people making them would be on some Carribean beach sipping colorful fru-fru resort drinks with umbrellas in 'em. The simple fact that they continue to get paid money to make predictions belies their ability to make the accurate predictions to begin with.

Best comment I have ever read about Wall Street prognosticators…kind of like fortune tellers ... do you really need an appointment? Shouldn't they just know you are going to show up?

Granted the market will not stay down forever, but do you think that bounce will bery big if The One is able to actually pass the things he wants? I would argue that investors will not run back to the markets to invest in Government programs.

No. Bailout (still no plan for this but look for it to cost 2-3T), stimulus (with more to come, will cost 2T) huge tax raises, national healthcare--these will curb the rebound but my point is that once he stops talking so much and starts getting to actual work, things should get better just because we'll know which way the ship is headed.

He really needs to STFU. The more he denies nationalization, the more people think it's going to happen. Either do it or don't. Then don't talk about it anymore. His waffling on this and other issues is the same mistake that Paulson made with how to spend the TARP funds.

Hey, did you hear the latest? Harry and Nancy want to spend ANOTHER $400+ Billion! WTF?

That 400+ Billion is to keep the government running until the end of the fiscal year

In theory anyways. In reality it's buried in more pork than Kermit the Frog on a hot date

That 400+ Billion is to keep the government running until the end of the fiscal year

In theory anyways. In reality it's buried in more pork than Kermit the Frog on a hot date

:rolleyes:

I sense a new poll for the Liberal Lucy crew.

Who would you rather?....Ann Coulter.....or Miss Piggy?

WAAAAIIIT a minute. Didn't Obama just announce that the federal government needs to pay as it goes? And if it doesn't have more money, it should stop spending?

I guess he meant AFTER they add another $400 billion to their tab. THEN they'll pay as they go.

WAAAAIIIT a minute. Didn't Obama just announce that the federal government needs to pay as it goes? And if it doesn't have more money, it should stop spending?

I guess he meant AFTER they add another $400 billion to their tab. THEN they'll pay as they go.

No, no. It's this 410 billion plus the stimulus they know they need for FY 10 they've already announced. They then plan to start balancing the budget, where they have it at half of the current total spending. Of course if they triple it this year and then only go in half it's still higher than what they took over. :blink:

Geez if you wingnuts had paid as much attention to all the billions YOUR guys pissed away, maybe we wouldn't be having to have this conversation.

Hey, look! Blzrul is blaming the Bush administration for the billions in entitlements that Obama/Pelosi/Reid/Franks are handing out to the people who helped get them elected.

How original.

Hey, look! Blzrul is blaming the Bush administration for the billions in entitlements that Obama/Pelosi/Reid/Franks are handing out to the people who helped get them elected.

How original.

In a rare moment of clarity, blzrul may actually be on to something by blaming Bush

This is money Nancy and Harry couldn't get away with spending before

In a rare moment of clarity, blzrul may actually be on to something by blaming Bush

This is money Nancy and Harry couldn't get away with spending before

:P:blink:

So funny because it's so true. Obama is developing a serious image problem wrt spending and taxes, and now having 50 paid people stand in front of him and cheer at TV appearances, in a lame effort to "re-capture the campaign spirit" is starting to seem like "the applause machine" in a Face in the Crowd.

How original.

Why is it so hard to admlt both parties love to spend ... Neither party has our best interests in mind.

Why is it so hard to admlt both parties love to spend ... Neither party has our best interests in mind.

I think very few people here are unwilling to admit that.

It's just funny when people blame their party's irresponsibility on the other party.

As usual you morons missed the point. You're calculating the current lavish spending to the last penney but...why couldn't you do that when it was getting pissed away on KBR/Halliburton, etc etc?

Oh. You thought it was GOOD to spend on THAT.

I keep forgetting. Having huge wasteful government agencies and spending that's [purportedly] focused on "defense" and "security" is A-OK.

Talk about a nation of cowards.

I have no problem admitting that the right has completely lost its way, and has become every bit the irresponsible spender that the left has always been. This is something that the GOP absolutely must change if they ever hope to regain political power. This will, undoubtedly, be a long road to travel, and a painful one at that. Their best chance, unfortunately, will come if the current administration's efforts do, in fact, bring us back to the Carter days.