Heyward Bey runs 4.30

BuckyFillUps

The drafting of guys like DHB are how the Bills got to the possition they are in. In '04 the Bills took Lee Evans passing on guys like Tommie Harris, Shawn Andrews, Will Smith, Wince Wilfork, and Chris Snee. In '05 the Bills took Parrish in the second rd (no 1st), and passed on Justin Tuck -- on a side note, I just notice Duke Preston was taken 2 spots before Jason Brown-- Pro Bowl lineman are more important than a Pro Bowl WR any way you look at it. Couple that with the fact those guys are a. a speedster/deep threat who has not been a dominant #1 for a variety of reasons, and b. a good punt returner, not Pro Bowl players, and Id say stick to the Big men.

The drafting of guys like DHB are how the Bills got to the possition they are in. In '04 the Bills took Lee Evans passing on guys like Tommie Harris, Shawn Andrews, Will Smith, Wince Wilfork, and Chris Snee. In '05 the Bills took Parrish in the second rd (no 1st), and passed on Justin Tuck -- on a side note, I just notice Duke Preston was taken 2 spots before Jason Brown-- Pro Bowl lineman are more important than a Pro Bowl WR any way you look at it. Couple that with the fact those guys are a. a speedster/deep threat who has not been a dominant #1 for a variety of reasons, and b. a good punt returner, not Pro Bowl players, and Id say stick to the Big men.

I thought we took evans cuz we just hired an Offensive Head Coach and Moulds was going on 31 and we ranked 30th in points and offensive yds and lacked a deep threat. But i am sure you were content with Bobby Shaw.

but youre right, we shoulda took a DT that year when we still had pat williams and sam adams

Actually we shouldve probably waited for the great WR draft of '05 and traded up and gotten a better WR like... Troy Williamson... i mean... Mike Williams....no wait, Matt Jones? or REGGIE BROWN!

Don't knock the one move the bills made right in the '04 draft

what did crabtree run?

Crabtree isn't running because of a sprained right ankle.

Then medical tests at the Combine found a small stress fracture on his left foot that requires surgery and shelves him for 10 weeks.

He decided to wait until after his pro day March 26 to have the surgery. He's gonna run on his pro day.

It also means he wouldn't be ready for OTAs or the rookie camps. He'd be ready for training camp though.

I disagree. GMs earn their paychecks in R2-7. The first round pick is just one pick. You've got six more. The reason that the Bills are in their current predicament isn't so much that they've made mistakes in R1, but that they've been unable to turn up much talent in the rest of the draft for most of the decade. Their track record after the first two rounds is abysmal. Those are the rounds where good teams are built and the rounds where the Bills scouting department has truly been lacking. We'll have to see how the current groups from the last couple of drafts turn out, but aside from McGee, Crowell and Jonas Jennings, you have to go back to R7 in 1996 for the last time the Bills found a decent, medium/long-term starter in R3 or later. That was Jay Riemersma.

I thought we took evans cuz we just hired an Offensive Head Coach and Moulds was going on 31 and we ranked 30th in points and offensive yds and lacked a deep threat. But i am sure you were content with Bobby Shaw.

but youre right, we shoulda took a DT that year when we still had pat williams and sam adams

Actually we shouldve probably waited for the great WR draft of '05 and traded up and gotten a better WR like... Troy Williamson... i mean... Mike Williams....no wait, Matt Jones? or REGGIE BROWN!

Don't knock the one move the bills made right in the '04 draft

Just because he turned out to be a good pick does not make it the best possible pick. By your line of thought if we are not content with Reed as our number two then we have to draft DHB or Crabtree and pass on the DL. How often do the Pats or Steelers use first round picks on WRs? How often do they use them on lineman? I like Evans and am glad we were able to retain him, but a DL who can get double digit sacks are year is a better pick than a WR who can score 10 TD's a year regardless of need. What I am trying to say is a team is built from the lines back. If you dont have the lines set, then drafting skill players is a waste. Untill the Bills build their lines, they will not be good.