Can people really be this stupid?

The_Philster

A lot of the best players will be playing in the SB which would eliminate them from the Pro Bowl. Leave it the way it is. The players, coaches and their families love the vacation in Hawaii.

I disagree.

Most players from the superbowl usually don't play any way. If you have the game the week before the superbowl, there is no doubt that it will mean more to the fans and players. If they do this, the ratings of the game will be much higher.

No one watches the game the way it is right now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a link but the Demagogue and Comical had a piece on the distribution of New York tax dollars a few years back and it worked out pretty much evenly across the state based on the population of counties.

That is exactly my point. It costs so much to support NYC that I really think the rest of the state gets neglected. How many millions of dollars has the state given the mets & the yankees to build the state of the art stadiums? You think the state would ever throw that kinda coin at the bills to get them a new stadium. Let NYC be their own state.

I disagree.

Most players from the superbowl usually don't play any way. If you have the game the week before the superbowl, there is no doubt that it will mean more to the fans and players. If they do this, the ratings of the game will be much higher.

No one watches the game the way it is right now.

That's cool. I see your point. I don't watch all-star games anyway...baseball....hockey...I think they are a waste of time and really boring.

First we have this gem

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/586644.html

Obviously this is someone doesn't know football as much as he claims..the NFL is too violent a league for an all-star game to be held midseason. Too much risk of injury and as far as using it for a Bye week, players (and their coaches) actually utilize their bye week to recuperate from the aches and pains of playing. Let's also consider the fact that the networks pay for 17 weeks of regular season football.

Then we have this

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/586643.html

This person really thinks little of the people of Buffalo...first in insulting the way we live and then by saying that we'd actually continue to follow them if they left

The Buffalo News really needs to screen their letters better

Eh, they're people who write in, and I don't think their opinions are any dumber than some of the comments on this board.

The first one is an obvious stupid statement, no doubt.

I think the second guy was trying to make a joke. Of course every city that doesn't have a NFL team would want to steal the bills. And of course if that happened most people would shun the future Bills organization.

But you don't find it funny that somebody would say teams would refuse to take the Bills because it would bring our "supposedly sh-------" people along with the team, like parasites? C'mon, its funny.

Even if the players from the two Super Bowl teams aren't there? You think players duck the Pro Bowl now, just wait until a.) it's no longer in Hawaii, and b.) there's a danger of getting hurt in a meaningless game and missing a chance to play in the Super Bowl.

Should be a barrel of fun next year in Miami.

Rumor is that the reason for taking the game away from hawaii (which most players love going on vacation for the week) was to give the owners another bargaining chip in the upcoming CBA negotiations. You want the pro-bowl back to hawaii permanently? Then you only get 58%, not 59%.

Rumor is that the reason for taking the game away from hawaii (which most players love going on vacation for the week) was to give the owners another bargaining chip in the upcoming CBA negotiations. You want the pro-bowl back to hawaii permanently? Then you only get 58%, not 59%.

Good idea! :thumbsup: