Bills changing their logo??

FluffHead

YOU my good man are walking dangerously close to ribbon bully status... :rolleyes:

I swear Dean as soon as I saw the logo, I started laughing out loud thinking about how much you hate that damn ribbon!

The Bills are the ribbon bullies here. I am the Kramer of this situation.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I maintain that we have the dumbest logo in all of team sports.

Buffalo Bill (William Cody) was a Buffalo HUNTER. Our namesake (Buffalo Bill) is HUNTING our logo (the bison). Just f'in brilliant whoever came up with this logo. And people wonder why the team beats itself so often!!

Just kidding about the last remark about team beating itself, but, seriously, how stupid is it for the nickname of the team to be hunting the team's logo?

I would suggest a caricature of William Cody for the logo, but everyone is so damned attached to the stupid bison that it would never happen.

I think the Buffalo emblem symbolized the cities name as much as anything or anyone else. They could be the Buffalo Girlscouts (OK sometimes they play like that) and the emblem could still be a Buffalo, as well it should be. The Buffalo will always be on the Helmet in some fashion and I hope it does.

I've always heard that the origin of Buffalo is from the French phrase beau fleuve, "beautiful river".

true... and that's why Buffalo is cursed... just like all french named towns in the US like Detroit, Bayonne,NJ or New Orleans!! :worthy: (the exception being Coeur d'Alene because you can't go wrong with such a great name!).

So i suggest the Bills change their name into the Beau Fleuve Surrending Canoes.