Peppers Narrowed Suitors Down to Four.......

H2o

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/1146431.html

I wonder who it is? The teams that come to my mind are New England and San Diego. Man it would be disappointing to see him go to the Patriots :doh:

I don't think the Patriots have the cap room H2o, unless they can trade Cassell.

Hmmm. in light of how poorly Delhomme played in the playoffs, Cassell for Peppers? Just a thought. Probably not close.

Well I'm not saying you're wrong Navy but again, the Cowboys are one of the teams with the least amount of cap space. They have stated they are more focused on keeping their own free agents and locking up their core guys (Ware) long term.

Of course Jones is impetuous and might change.

How so? They don't even have a 1st round pick to play with this year.

You know, I care for my wife, kids, my nephews, nieces, parents, friends, job...and now you need to be spoon fed too?

How is it that I can find this information in 20 seconds but you can only doubt me?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-u...o&type=lgns

You know, I care for my wife, kids, my nephews, nieces, parents, friends, job...and now you need to be spoon fed too?

How is it that I can find this information in 20 seconds but you can only doubt me?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-u...o&type=lgns

You are the OP?

If the Panthers tag him, then how could the Cowgirls have enough value in the draft picks they have left? Peppers is worth more than they've got.

You are the OP?

If the Panthers tag him, then how could the Cowgirls have enough value in the draft picks they have left? Peppers is worth more than they've got.

Cantankerous,

You never replied to the original poster. You posted nine minutes after I did and were the next post after mine. So clearly and obviously I thought (as would anyone) that you were responding to my post.

As I said, the Cowboys do not have the cap room.

Now it's clear what you meant: that the Cowboys have no picks to trade.

But what it sounded like you were saying is: because the Cowboys don't have a first round pick that they should have lots of cap room.

So whatever.

Well I'm not saying you're wrong Navy but again, the Cowboys are one of the teams with the least amount of cap space. They have stated they are more focused on keeping their own free agents and locking up their core guys (Ware) long term.

Of course Jones is impetuous and might change.

The Cowboys also traded away their first for Williams (a move that will prove to be stupid). They would have to give up a combination of picks and even they are not likely to do this.

Jose, I was actually replying to the original poster. I can see how you thought my response was directed towards you though...no big deal.

And yes that was my point about Dallas' draft pick situation. They already gave up their 1st, 3rd, and 6th I believe to the Lions for Roy Williams. I don't see how they could pull that off. Cap space didn't even enter my mind.

According to an ex teammate of Peppers the AFC team is the Patriots. Radio talk in Carolina has the Pats and Panthers swapping Cassel for Peppers.

why would NE do that??? If Brady messes up that knee the pats are shot. And Brady is aging;)

According to an ex teammate of Peppers the AFC team is the Patriots. Radio talk in Carolina has the Pats and Panthers swapping Cassel for Peppers.

Why would the Panthers want to get rid of Delhomme, for Cassel? What has Cassel proven in the NFL? And the Panthers drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd round last year.