Lynch details

TimGraham

After reading some threads from people still debating what happened, here is my Tuesday report with more details from the Culver City police and quotes from Lynch's agent.

I'm a skeptic by nature, but this looks bad for Lynch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3914516

Also, here's my blog that links to Channel 2 report about marijuana that quotes an officer with more details. Props to Channel 2 for getting that interview ...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-74/...gun-arrest.html

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the old "it looked and smelled like marijuana, but no one claimed it was theirs so we let it slide" charge. Are you kidding me? As I alluded to in another thread, I hope they confiscated the blunts and had them tested. Because then that changes things completely.

Ah, the old "it looked and smelled like marijuana, but no one claimed it was theirs so we let it slide" charge. Are you kidding me? As I alluded to in another thread, I hope they confiscated the blunts and had them tested. Because then that changes things completely.

You've got to be kidding me. Spend serious $$ testing blunts to see if they're actually marijuana cigarettes, so you can charge these people with the lowest level misdemeanor on the books? Seems like a tremendous waste of resources to me.

Exactly! I mean if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt not matter the circumstances it's Marshawn Terrell Lynch! <_<

You've got to be kidding me. Spend serious $ testing blunts to see if they're actually marijuana cigarettes, so you can charge these people with the lowest level misdemeanor on the books? Seems like a tremendous waste of resources to me.

No, you've got to be kidding me. How do you think they charge people with marijuana possession who don't admit it's marijuana? They test it at a lab. <_<

I'm sorry, it took 15 minutes for the conspiracy theorists to show up on a thread from a respected ESPN personality.

Graham is merely reporting what the cops told him so I have no qualms with him. But alleging that Lynch was smoking marijuana is a huge charge to level against an NFL player. And they reportedly knew he was an NFL player. Why not get him with a double whammy of felony gun and marijuana possession, and really make up for him "getting away it" with last summer? Here's the cops' chances to put away America's Most Wanted.

Graham is merely reporting what the cops told him so I have no qualms with him. But alleging that Lynch was smoking marijuana is a huge charge to level against an NFL player. And they reportedly knew he was an NFL player. Why not get him with a double whammy of felony gun and marijuana possession, and really make up for him "getting away it" with last summer? Here's the cops' chances to put away America's Most Wanted.

Maybe they booked him in the UFO

Well, when you put the dick to the cops, that is a risk you run. He played the system to his advantage last spring, but he did so by making a mockery of the police department by avoiding them like they were a bunch of pee-ons. That sh*t comes back on you.

I run a couple of businesses, and inevitably the police come around for something. There are ways of achieving your objective without disrespecting authority. Marshawn and his attorney treated the accident last year like he was defending himself against a triple homicide instead of a relatively minor traffic violation. It worked, but it was wrong and it is/was bound to lead to a zero tolerance relationship between him and law enforcement. And it was INCREDIBLY stupid to go that far to avoid prosecution if he wasn't going to make a 180 degree change in his behavior with respect to the law.

No, you've got to be kidding me. How do you think they charge people with marijuana possession who don't admit it's marijuana? They test it at a lab. <_<
Maybe you should read the article again. The reason they didn't charge them isn't because they wouldn't admit it's marijuana. It's because they didn't have enough tangible evidence to determine who it belonged to and who was smoking it. For example, absent additional evidence, if they took this to court, all three of them would just get on the stand and say it was the other two who were smoking, and the case would get thrown out. Unless the officers actually observed people smoking, they don't have much of a case.

It's simple to believe in conspiracy theories. They appeal to lower educated people and explain all the problems in the world when rational thought isn't exciting enough.

Conspiracy theorists disregard anything which does not support their their opinion as too simple. Indeed, Lynch is innocent until proven guilty. But early reports suggest something illegal was happening. Of course, conspiracy theorists believe the police randomly selected a vehicle because minorities were in the vehicle. Then again, the vehicle had incorrect plates on it, was running, and isolated. That is suspicious in my book.

Go ahead and marginalize the use of marijuana. It is still illegal to use. But the fact that a fan favorite was at least with people who possessed a loaded and unlicensed firearm is too much for some to bear.

The natural defense mechanism of conspiracy theorists is to marginalize, criticize, and demonize. So far, this board has done a fine job of that.

Unless something comes out that we don't know about, I predict right now that Lynch again gets away almost scot free. He will likely plea down to a minor gun charge and that is it. It would be impossible IMO for Goodell to really come down on him hard even if he believed it was worse and even though he has clearly said he can basically do what he wants. The "suspicious plates" part of the story makes me believe that it wasn't Lynch's car at all since he doesnt live in LA and a rental probably wouldnt have suspicious plates. There is no question in my mind the cops would have torn the car apart looking for a bag of weed or more and if they only found 3-4 blunts for three guys, Lynch can easily plead it wasnt me and it wasnt a lot. Again, even though Goodell might think he made a huge mistake, and again made himself, his team and the league look bad, he really can't put the hammer down, unless Lynch gets a felony conviction and I really doubt he does.

I do think Lynch was a dumbass, an idiot for not having a permit, and an idiot for sitting in a car smoking pot. I just think he's likely to get a slap on the wrist, maybe a one game suspension. I would imagine that Goodell brings him in and reads him the riot act and says he's on a very short leash.

Granted, more about the story could come out and make me change my opinion, and this is only a prediction.

It's simple to believe in conspiracy theories. They appeal to lower educated people and explain all the problems in the world when rational thought isn't exciting enough.

Conspiracy theorists disregard anything which does not support their their opinion as too simple. Indeed, Lynch is innocent until proven guilty. But early reports suggest something illegal was happening. Of course, conspiracy theorists believe the police randomly selected a vehicle because minorities were in the vehicle. Then again, the vehicle had incorrect plates on it, was running, and isolated. That is suspicious in my book.

Go ahead and marginalize the use of marijuana. It is still illegal to use. But the fact that a fan favorite was at least with people who possessed a loaded and unlicensed firearm is too much for some to bear.

The natural defense mechanism of conspiracy theorists is to marginalize, criticize, and demonize. So far, this board has done a fine job of that.

And what does that tell you about the intelligence of the random person loose on the streets of Buffalo?

Just reading the mental slop on this forum has to make you wonder if there's lead in the water.

These idiots actually believe there was a conspiracy against marshawn lynch like they knew he was coming to Culver City.

LOL