Railroading Lynch

It sounds like you don't entirely understand what civil rights are. Civil rights are not just about the 1960's & African Americans. You have civil rights & I as well. One of which is freedom of privacy & protection against unreasonable warrantless searches. As it stands now there has not been any official explanation of probable cause. If that stands, then Lynch & his buddies had their civil rights violated. Sitting in a vehicle is not a crime. They are also called civil liberties or Constitutional rights. This is what is supposed to make us the most free country in history & what is supposed to seperate us from China or Russia. When people say "America is the best country in the world" it is because of our Constitutional civil rights but sadly most Americans have no idea how much our government violates the Constitution.

Gee, how did that "the cops haven't explained their probable cause so they probably didn't have any" thing work out for you?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think you don't understand is just because they didn't have a press conference to detail the probable cause, doesn't mean there wasn't probable cause.

Think about it.

Do you think the Culver City police feel an obligation to satisfy the curiousity of Buffalo Bills fans?

When you watch arrest reports on the local news how often do they bother to detail probable cause?

And finally I'll ask the Marshawn appologists why they find the need to drum up these conspiracies on Lynch's behalf?

The first thing they did was say that it wasn't true, that it was just a rumor because it hadn't hit the news yet.

Now after it has been confirmed they jump into claiming without knowing that there wasn't probable cause and are flying off with all these civil rights violations.

Didn't they learn thier lesson the first time Lynch broke the law and they came out with all thier conspiracies?

I don't know if they have thick skulls or what, but they never learn.

Nice post. Not that these folks will listen. It is just on to the next justification.

Lynch played the system like a violin last spring and got away with a cruel, careless act of negligence against another human being. I somehow find it hard to sympathize with him in this unfortunate, yet infinitely avoidable circumstance. Perhaps if he were serving a reasonable punishment for the first crime he wouldn't have been in position to commit the other.

Lynch played the system like playing a violin - with a brick. He got about what most people who commit that crime with that result (no serious injury and a reasonable case that he never noticed the incident) would get. He could have gotten it probably on the first day, but instead allowed his lawyer to get some free good publicity for himself and free bad publicity for Marshawn for a month or so.

Does that make me a fool for agreeing with him? He is right, Lynch has every right to own that gun, the same way I have every right to own my gun, and you own a gun if you so choose. The Framers of the Constitution, in writing the Second Amendment, specifically mention the right not only to own, but CARRY a weapon. The Right to Bear Arms. By definition, Bear- To carry from one place to another; transport. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bear Current US law has strayed from the true meaning of the law as it was written, and if you want to get pissed at the guy for not having the proper paperwork, then fine. Now before we get too political, I would like my guaranteed Constitutional rights upheld please.

You have the right to carry it from place to place, as (I would hope that) you well know. Even outside your militia compound. There are a few very simple rules about how it should be done. Get it? Marshawn didn't.

Oh, wait, as I look at the constitution, I realize that I have totally misread it in the past. I'm totally wrong. Here, let me quote the constitution:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, even if there are blunts in your whip, you've got the right to hang with a piece, loaded or not, anywhere in your hoopty. Dude, a man's ride and his shootin' iron are sacred. Way!"

No, after 3 or 4 weeks of not cooperating with a hit and run investigation, there was surprisingly little evidence of possible drunk driving. What was the evidence to the contrary that he was drinking?

What if it were me?

If the cops came to my house and I don't know why---I answer the door and say, "what's up gentlemen?"

If I don't hear the doorbell, and I see the cops towing away my Porsche----I run out into the driveway and say "yo,yo,YO! Where you takin my RIDE?"

That's because you're a rube. Click the link in this thread to find out why: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=82935

And most people talk a good game when it comes to what they or others should/would do, and then fold when it comes to crunch time. That's because there's more to it than "doing what's right" and your duty to god or your country.

And keeping silent worked for Lynch, to the tune of getting a $100 traffic ticket for what people were sure was a felonious hit and run. Because when it came down to it, there was no evidence to convict him of anything, and he sure as hell wasn't going to make the DA's case for him.

Where was there evidence to the contrary that he hit her?

Ahhhh Duhhh he confessed that he hit her, he plead guilty.

He didn't plead guilt because there was evidence that he didn't hit her.

Good Lord where do they dig these people up from!

Sigh. No one is disputing that it was his car that hit her or that he was the driver. What I was saying is that there was no evidence that he knew he hit her.

Lynch was actually SHOT AT BEFORE with real bullets. This was BEFORE he became a rich well known NFL athlete and before Sean Taylor and that Bronco DB were buried six feet under. I'll be pissed if I find out this was an unprevoked search and that he was harassed because of his skin color and the expensive car he was driving. Bunch of suburban babies here who have no clue what it's like to be Lynch and know what it's like to be a victim of a shooting.

Suburban babies? Please, give me a lecture on shootings, and would you please prepare one for me about getting shot at?

Lynch IS a good player. I think this is because he likes to play football. What he doesn't like to do is obey laws, or even stop after he mows down a girl.

I want the Bills to win. I don't care about the social life of Marshawn Lynch until it hurts the Buffalo Bills Football Team. Now, this is what's happeing. You otoh seem to paint him as some sort of victim or martyr. You don't know one thing about the cops who stopped him, a person with a gun, yet you cast the worst of aspersions upon them. Would it be OK with you if the cops were black? Let us know; we are waiting for you to paint us just the right scenario for it to be OK with you to take illegal guns off the streets of California.

I agree with the poster who suggested a trade for a first or second round pick. Lynch is good, but he is not bigger than the entire team that he seems to care little about. This is of course a pipe dream, for now dear little Marshawn is known throughout the NFL as a trouble maker, a well deserved reputation at that.

It's very interesting that some rubes are making this some sort of racial inevitability: Lynch is an eternally endangered black man and the Culver City cops are out to get the black man (even though we don't know the race of the cops).

Meanwhile--we note that another Cali boy--Trent Edwards---- made it another week without getting caught in a Mercedes filled with a cannibus cloud and a loaded weapon in the trunk. No, in fact, he, along with Butler, Fowler and Denney are taking advantage of a program sponsored by the NFL through the nation's top business schools to explore entrepreneurial opportunities during and after football.

With the way these guys have been playing (except Butler, who was a "thug" in college when he almost ended Mathias Kiwanuka's career, and once a thug, always a thug), they'd be better-served exploring those opportunities now.

Sigh. No one is disputing that it was his car that hit her or that he was the driver. What I was saying is that there was no evidence that he knew he hit her.

Oh really!

Here is what you said, you clearly said there was evidence to the contrary.....

How did it fail her? There was NO evidence to convict Lynch of anything other than what he got. Hell even the cops were saying that he probably didn't know he hit her. You want to charge him with, what, a felony, even a misdemeanor, because you THINK he was drinking, driving drunk, and knew he hit her, despite no evidence at all to support those claims, and in fact, evidence to the contrary?

And she likely got a nice settlement out of it and Lynch's license was revoked. What did you expect the appropriate pound of flesh to be? What if it were you and not Lynch?

So I'll go back to it.

What EVIDENCE was there to dispute claims that he hit her?

Where is it ?

This other crap about there being no evidence that Lynch knew he hit her is absolutely ridiculous.

How could anyone have evidence that Lynch didn't know he hit her?

Do they have a mind reading machine?

Or did he submit to a lie detector test?

This is a totally ridiculous and totally irrelevant statement.

Cases are not dismissed because the perpetrator claims he didn't know he committed the crime...

Judge: Sir did you know that you robbed that bank?

Perpetrator: No your honor if I did rob that bank I either wasn't in an aware state of mind, or I forgot by now that I robbed that bank

Judge: Case dimissed

See what I highlighted in red...tell us about that supposed evidence that he didn't hit her or :lol: didn't know that he did.

The last point:

Aren't you smart enough to realize that if someone is driving around hitting pedestrains and not even aware that he is running human beings down that this is a far worse case than someone who has an accident and IS aware of it?

It seems to me that both sides which take extreme positions here have somethings right, but though they seem unable to admit it also have significant things they are wrong about as well.

Did Lynch break the law and so something stupid?

Yep.

Were the stupid things that Lynch did reasonable actions in an of themselves but were stupid because he did not take doable steps to avoid violating the law.

Yep.

Did the Culver City cops apply the law to Lynch that they likely would not applied to others who did not happen to be young black men in a Benz?

Difficult to tell to the point of being impossible to prove but one would have to be a fool (be it Lynch or some of the posters who dislike Lynch or his actions are seem to be fools not to realize that young blacks are treated differently in this society than young whites and that these judgments even if based on some real assessment of society as a whole is prejudicial when applied to an individual) to not have a strong sense that the probable cause in this case was Lynch sitting in a Benz being black.

Anyone who takes an extreme view on this be it a defense of Lynch that he was railroaded (the fool should have gotten a carry permit if he felt in danger) or an indictment of Lynch (probable cause was found in this case when in tons of cases it would not have been) is simply wrong wrong wrong on this one.

Oh really!

Here is what you said, you clearly said there was evidence to the contrary.....

So I'll go back to it.

What EVIDENCE was there to dispute claims that he hit her?

Where is it ?

This other crap about there being no evidence that Lynch knew he hit her is absolutely ridiculous.

How could anyone have evidence that Lynch didn't know he hit her?

Do they have a mind reading machine?

Or did he submit to a lie detector test?

This is a totally ridiculous and totally irrelevant statement.

Cases are not dismissed because the perpetrator claims he didn't know he committed the crime...

Judge: Sir did you know that you robbed that bank?

Perpetrator: No your honor if I did rob that bank I either wasn't in an aware state of mind, or I forgot by now that I robbed that bank

Judge: Case dimissed

See what I highlighted in red...tell us about that supposed evidence that he didn't hit her or :lol: didn't know that he did.

The last point:

Aren't you smart enough to realize that if someone is driving around hitting pedestrains and not even aware that he is running human beings down that this is a far worse case than someone who has an accident and IS aware of it?

Since you and your buddy Mr. Weo are a little slow, I'll dumb it down for ya. What I SAID was: "You want to charge him with, what, a felony, even a misdemeanor, because you THINK he was drinking, driving drunk, and knew he hit her, despite no evidence at all to support those claims, and in fact evidence to the contrary?"

Do you see the word "knew" I bolded in the "knew he hit her" part? Had I not included "knew" and said "because you THINK...he hit her," then yes, I would have been saying that "he [didn't] hit her." But I didn't do that, did I? Hence "no evidence...to support" and "evidence to the contrary" refer to "[his] kn[o]w[ing] he hit her." Are we clear?

Regarding evidence to the contrary, there was footage of the incident. The footage showed that the car slowed down after making the turn, apparently to watch the vic's friend dance across the street, and then proceeded after the friend passes, in the process hitting the vic. The car doesn't slow down like the normal reaction would be after hitting something and hearing a thud. The car also doesn't suddenly accelerate, as in fleeing from a crime scene after realizing he hit someone. I can only surmise that the rubes think that he was so blitzed out of his gourd and his senses so dulled to the point that he couldn't hear or feel or care about anything, yet inexplicably he got home and into bed without crashing his car, with the equally blitzed Steve Johnson riding shotgun (ooops). With no one having witnesses them drinking that night.

Beyond that, it was rainy, there was the aforementioned friend dancing (drunk, obviously!) in the street, and the stereo was blasting. All of which support that he didn't see her, didn't hear the sideview mirror hitting her, and thus didn't know he hit her.

It seems to me that both sides which take extreme positions here have somethings right, but though they seem unable to admit it also have significant things they are wrong about as well.

Did Lynch break the law and so something stupid?

Yep.

Were the stupid things that Lynch did reasonable actions in an of themselves but were stupid because he did not take doable steps to avoid violating the law.

Yep.

Did the Culver City cops apply the law to Lynch that they likely would not applied to others who did not happen to be young black men in a Benz?

Difficult to tell to the point of being impossible to prove but one would have to be a fool (be it Lynch or some of the posters who dislike Lynch or his actions are seem to be fools not to realize that young blacks are treated differently in this society than young whites and that these judgments even if based on some real assessment of society as a whole is prejudicial when applied to an individual) to not have a strong sense that the probable cause in this case was Lynch sitting in a Benz being black.

Anyone who takes an extreme view on this be it a defense of Lynch that he was railroaded (the fool should have gotten a carry permit if he felt in danger) or an indictment of Lynch (probable cause was found in this case when in tons of cases it would not have been) is simply wrong wrong wrong on this one.

"Anyone who takes any extreme view is wrong wrong wrong" ?

LOL

While at the same time you spew this nonsense...

"one would have to be a fool (be it Lynch or some of the posters who dislike Lynch or his actions are seem to be fools not to realize that young blacks are treated differently in this society than young whites and that these judgments even if based on some real assessment of society as a whole is prejudicial when applied to an individual) to not have a strong sense that the probable cause in this case was Lynch sitting in a Benz being black."

For all you know the officers where black.

Get this through your head lynch is stupid, his IQ is south of 80, in all likelihood that retard did something open and observable that drew the attention of the police.

well, since this seems to be getting out of control, its really simple

lynch is a very talented football player on a team that lacks talent, if we lose him for an extended period of time, the bills are f#cked fred jackson is also very talented, but like a poor man's darren sproles, I don't think he can shoulder the load as a long term starter, after this incident and the last one, the bills shouldn't give up on him yet.

and stop with the racial sh#t its not a racial issue, he broke the law regardless of whether it was a black or white cop, and if any cop smells reefer, he will want to search the car, its a no-brainer.

Since you and your buddy Mr. Weo are a little slow, I'll dumb it down for ya. What I SAID was: "You want to charge him with, what, a felony, even a misdemeanor, because you THINK he was drinking, driving drunk, and knew he hit her, despite no evidence at all to support those claims, and in fact evidence to the contrary?"

Where in this thread did I say I wanted him charged BECAUSE HE KNEW HE HIT HER?

Not only are you are flunky for Lynch you are at least as braindead as he is, you peon.

Anyone that believes there can be evidence that he didn't know he hit this woman is the village idiot.

You're not only for moronic believing that there can be any such evidence but a retard for thinking that it's pivitol.

And even more retarded for claiming that I said that this is why I wanted him charged.

1. anyone that believes that he didn't know he hit her is a retard.

2. it isn't irrelavant to me because I'm not foolish enough to even consider it as a factor in his arrest.

You're aren't very sharp, that's obvious, but did that pea brain of your's ever wonder why lynch, if he wasn't drunk, or he didn't know he hit a pedestrain, refused to answer his door when the police came knocking or why he was on the phone with his lawyer?

I'm trying to give Lynch the benefit of the doubt but he has judgment problems to say the least. I like the way he runs and he never gives up on a play but just how good is he as a player? As good as Adrian Peterson? No. Is he worth the problems and headaches that he is bringing to the team? Not sure. He is arguably one of their better players but is that really saying all that much? Wilson said it himself that the team lacks enough talent. Even if this is cleared up in Lynch's favor and in the Bills favor, do you think that this will be his last transgression? I don't think so. He has had 2 seasons of 1,000 yards each and he has had two offseasons with 2 distractions. I think he will be suspended this time (Remember, even he is not convicted he can still be suspended by the NFL) and will leave the Bills in a tough spot. Do they keep him and cross their fingers or do they pull the trigger and get rid of him? I think at some point, sooner or later, they will tire of his poor judgment and they will pull the trigger.

Suburban babies? Please, give me a lecture on shootings, and would you please prepare one for me about getting shot at?

Lynch IS a good player. I think this is because he likes to play football. What he doesn't like to do is obey laws, or even stop after he mows down a girl.

I want the Bills to win. I don't care about the social life of Marshawn Lynch until it hurts the Buffalo Bills Football Team. Now, this is what's happeing. You otoh seem to paint him as some sort of victim or martyr. You don't know one thing about the cops who stopped him, a person with a gun, yet you cast the worst of aspersions upon them. Would it be OK with you if the cops were black? Let us know; we are waiting for you to paint us just the right scenario for it to be OK with you to take illegal guns off the streets of California.

I agree with the poster who suggested a trade for a first or second round pick. Lynch is good, but he is not bigger than the entire team that he seems to care little about. This is of course a pipe dream, for now dear little Marshawn is known throughout the NFL as a trouble maker, a well deserved reputation at that.

Let me ask you a question Mr. Overreaction, when Bruce Smith was suspended for drug use and being arrested for driving blitzed out of his mind drunk, were you crying in your Buffalo Bills jammies clamoring for him to be traded?

I'll go ahead and answer that one for you, NO you were not.

Marshawn Lynch will get his one or two game suspension and then rightfully take Jackson's place in the lineup. Just like what happen when Bruce's fountain of stupidity overflowed. We're all big boys here, time to get over it and move on.

Where in this thread did I say I wanted him charged BECAUSE HE KNEW HE HIT HER?

Not only are you are flunky for Lynch you are at least as braindead as he is, you peon.

Because if he knew he hit her and left, it's hit and run. DUH!

Anyone that believes there can be evidence that he didn't know he hit this woman is the village idiot.

You're not only for moronic believing that there can be any such evidence but a retard for thinking that it's pivitol.

And even more retarded for claiming that I said that this is why I wanted him charged.

If you read the articles at the time, an official in the police department said that in the footage, the car kept moving like the driver didn't know the victim was hit. If you have a problem with it, take it up with them and the DA who let him off with a traffic ticket. And at least, it's SOME evidence, versus the non-evidence you have with the "well obviously he was drunk and he knew he hit her!"

1. anyone that believes that he didn't know he hit her is a retard.

2. it isn't irrelavant to me because I'm not foolish enough to even consider it as a factor in his arrest.

As I said, the DA didn't believe he knew he hit her. Otherwise he would have convened the grand jury to get a hit and run conviction.

You're aren't very sharp, that's obvious, but did that pea brain of your's ever wonder why lynch, if he wasn't drunk, or he didn't know he hit a pedestrain, refused to answer his door when the police came knocking or why he was on the phone with his lawyer?

He contacted his lawyer 4 hours after the incident, because the Bills' head of security was contacted by the cops, and then he contacted Lynch. Another piece of brilliance by you destroyed because you're either too stupid to remember facts, or too lazy to look them up.

As for why he didn't answer his door, I don't know. Maybe he's a heavy sleeper? Maybe he uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea? What do you suppose he was doing when they were knocking at his door and for the 4 hours between the incident and when he first was contacted by the Bills' head of security?