Rob Johnson Trade

They wouldn't have drafted Fred had they not traded for RJ. Remember that they had just drafted Antowain the year before.

But thank Butler and Smith for that one. ;)

Antowain was another guy who underachieved. He had an ok career, but with his speed and size I thought he was going to be real good. I liked how during Wade's first year, we had the Thurman 3 wr package and Smith-Sam Gash power package.

Antowain was another guy who underachieved. He had an ok career, but with his speed and size I thought he was going to be real good. I liked how during Wade's first year, we had the Thurman 3 wr package and Smith-Sam Gash power package.

I hear you. Although I liked Corey Dillon better that year, and he proved to be the better RB.

Check my math here:

Todd Collins: 2nd round pick

Rob Johnson: 1st and 4th + big contract

Doug Flutie: Big contract

Drew Bledsoe: 1st round pick + big contract

JP Losman: 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + 5th round pick

So that's 3 firsts, two seconds, a fourth, and a fifth, plus three big contracts on the QB position in the now 15 years of the post-Kelly era.

And nothing to show for it but a 3rd round prospect starting.

They wouldn't have drafted Fred had they not traded for RJ. Remember that they had just drafted Antowain the year before.

But thank Butler and Smith for that one. ;)

I remember reading they most likely would have drafted Tra Thomas who just happens to still be playing LT for the Eagles...he isnt Pace or Ogden but he would have looked good on the Bills line all these years

Check my math here:

Todd Collins: 2nd round pick

Rob Johnson: 1st and 4th + big contract

Doug Flutie: Big contract

Drew Bledsoe: 1st round pick + big contract

JP Losman: 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + 5th round pick

So that's 3 firsts, two seconds, a fourth, and a fifth, plus three big contracts on the QB position in the now 15 years of the post-Kelly era.

And nothing to show for it but a 3rd round prospect starting.

We have missed a few good opportunities along the way. As much as I like Whitner, we could have had Cutler at 8. The other guys I wished we went after was Drew Brees. He was an unrestricted free agent that went to a Saints team that was very bad at the time.