Guy on Billszone claiming he works for the Bills...

Ok, so lets say we sign Haynesworth and Saturday, trade for Merriman, re-sgn Peters, add the much needed TE, then have a steller draff. Add the signing of Suggs in there for good measure... Well at least our roster will look like gold. Too bad we will finish below .500 because DJ will still be coaching this team. I get really excited by FA once in a while, but then I realize its about coaching first second and third, then your roster is forth. Look at the Cowboys, they get all the big name talents, and cant make the playoffs. The Pats win superbowls with a bunch of jv DBs and mediocre players everywhere. Heck, the only one they lost was the one when they had all the big name acquisitions.

Dont get me wrong, I would love signing these guys, it would be a way to lure a big time coach after next season, but we have no hope with DJ looking like a 3 year old girl who lost her lolly-pop on our sideline.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So most of you are still in favor of making him the highest paid defensive player in the league?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3903573

He said that the starting point for his new contract would be the 6 year, $72 million deal with a guaranteed $30 million signing bonus given to Dwight Freeney. He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

So in view of his continued off the field problems:

Two speeding incidents, one involving personal injury, both within the last year

kicking Titan teammate Justin Hartwig in the chest in 2007

Stomping on Andre Gurode's head in 2006

Two arrest warrants stemming from a traffic stop in Putnam County in 2006 (his lawyers made go away)

Attempting to attack a teammate with a pole at the University of Tennessee

And in view of Marshawn's latest foibles, everyone is in favor of bringing Haynesworth here?

Or put differently, if you were the GM of the Bills, this is a guy you would make the league's highest paid defensive player?

Actually, it looks like he'll fit right in. He can have his locker right next to Lynch. btw, in light of the head stomp, didn't Brad Butler try to end Kiwanuka's career in college with his own cheapshot?

Haynesworth is the biggest impact player available in the draft and the effect on our defense would be HUGE. Saturday would be great as well and exactly what we need, but we would really be stretching the wallet to get both of them. Scaife is a great choice.

Maybe going all tennessee in free agency with Haynesworth, Loper and Scaife might be a next best choice and a little easier on the bankroll.

If this is the track they are thinking I'm very very happy.

Haynesworth is going back into the draft?! ;)

I find it somewhat amusing that a poster would assert that it heightens the credibility of a post to say that it is from a !@#$ since if the source of info is truly someone well connected with the Bills this person would be operating most serving the Bills interest if they routinely lied to anyone who might spread rumors about what the team really intends to do in order to spread word that fools the enemy.

I think that the info given to start this thread actually makes some sense and is pretty well integrated in terms of telling a comprehensive story that it actually smells a lot like a fairly detailed plan someone would put together to spread disinformation rather be a credible description of the truth.

The path laid out here seems based on a logical path, but if we have seen anything in how the NFL off-season and particularly the draft works, it ain't logical at all (or more accurately the path is actually determined by how different teams take action based on different logical approaches and rather than our team having one fairly clear path with specific players targeted, the most intelligent way to deal with this is to have not simply a plan A, but also a thought out plan B and plan C to deal with the near certainty that even if you decide to make Haynesworth the richest player in the NFL, some other team which may be the hometown of his dying grandmama may make him a smaller offer that he accepts because he likes being in the other town so he can see his (or his wife's grandmama or whatever. This is all pretend hypothetical thinking because this whole dance is so hypothetical that as far as specific players I am more interested in who we have as our back-up plan Bs and Cs if some other team does something like draft Malauga before we get to him

(in fact on this point it seems far fetched as likely the Bills would turn out to be giving up a year of productive play if they decide to make a rookie the MLB in their cover 2. The normal thinking is that it often takes a vet a year or more of play before he does well in a Cover 2 because the reads are so important and the chemistry of players making the same reads is critical to a cover 2. This even more essential for the MLB in a D better described as a Tampa 2 we run, If Malauga was thrown in as our MLB he would not only spend his rookie year learning the Pro game, but also spend it learning how to make the proper read as to whether he should pass cover like a safety or tackle like a DL player.

A talented rook will learn this but quite often by making bad mistakes that get him burned. Ironically one of the best things which probably happened to Pos was he got IRed so he got to learn the scheme and the reads from the sideline without the distraction for his learning of having to play well. Drafting a rookie to be our MLB would seem mostly to be a declaration of surrender by this team as his learning curve could easily cost us a game or three.

The explanation and the detail provided makes me think that the perspectives presented are interesting but if truly told to him by a !@#$ are likely disinformation designed to fool outside observers.

Ok, so lets say we sign Haynesworth and Saturday, trade for Merriman, re-sgn Peters, add the much needed TE, then have a steller draff. Add the signing of Suggs in there for good measure... Well at least our roster will look like gold. Too bad we will finish below .500 because DJ will still be coaching this team. I get really excited by FA once in a while, but then I realize its about coaching first second and third, then your roster is forth. Look at the Cowboys, they get all the big name talents, and cant make the playoffs. The Pats win superbowls with a bunch of jv DBs and mediocre players everywhere. Heck, the only one they lost was the one when they had all the big name acquisitions.

Dont get me wrong, I would love signing these guys, it would be a way to lure a big time coach after next season, but we have no hope with DJ looking like a 3 year old girl who lost her lolly-pop on our sideline.

Well said with the Cowboys/Pats reference. Fully agreed. Have been saying this for some time now.

Well, I'd still like to get all those boys and see how it goes.

If we're going to go with a LB in the 1st round, I'd rather it be Cushing and keep Posluszny in the middle. They say that Maualuga can't cover..........at all. The MLB responsibilities in the Cover 2 require him to be able to drop quickly into coverage in various spots about 10 yards downfield and across anywhere. You must be pretty agile and have a good burst to get to where you need to be. Rey is a tackling machine though and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a guy with his kind of attitude on our team. He plays the game with "bad intentions" for the opposing offense and we need a guy like that. Haynesworth would be great and posesses that same attitude. Saturday is a guy with a mean streak on the OL that can handle 3-4 NT's consistently. Perfect fit. I wouldn't mind Cody Brown(DE, UCONN), but only if it was in the 4th or 5th. The 2nd would be WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to high for that guy unless he has a phenominal combine. Would rather take a chance on Ayers in the 2nd. We might need to be taking a look at Donald Brown(RB, UCONN) in the 2nd round though :lol: <Insert your tirade after this statement ;) Scaife would be an upgrade over Royal, but I don't know if he's really what we need. I'd love to have Daniels, but it IS most likely a "pipe dream". If we don't get Daniels I truly want Casey or Coffman in the 3rd. My personal preference being Casey, but I'd be happy with either of the two. Bye Jabari, thanks for the last couple of seasons. All the best to you. I'd be content with the Chris Simms move. I'd still give Cullen Harper(QB, Clemson) a shot in the 7th if he's there or as an UFA. We'd be instant contenders in the AFC East, if not the AFC period, with those moves. Hope this isn't all a bunch of horse poo :rolleyes:

We would be contenders until our Glove wearing mary had to face temps below 30 degrees. :lol:

Well, most people here know I used to work for the Bills also, and I can safely say if you want to keep working for the Bills, you don't post information online about who they are going after for FA and draft.

Cleaning the bathrooms after the games didn't exactly put you in the thick of their next moves, keep the bucket fresh.

J/K.

Well, most people here know I used to work for the Bills also, and I can safely say if you want to keep working for the Bills, you don't post information online about who they are going after for FA and draft.

Serious question (because I don't know) what did you do for the Bills?

True Dat!! I used to work for the Bills as you know. I would never post on an Internet message board what I overheard (and I heard plenty!!) of who the Bills had targeted in FA or had a high interest in the draft while I was employed by the Bills. Very few people left at OBD that I knew. TD really cleaned house when he joined the Bills. He canned some really good people, including scouts that didn't follow John Butler to SD. We all know how wonderfull our drafts have been since then; esp. with Linda Bogdan-super scout having daddy's ear with the draft.

Inside info?

From the guy who started this thread last summer?

Suprise Camp Cuts (Bills)

Obviously I know no more than anyone else on this board but ill take a shot in the dark and say these players will get cut in camp...

Robert Royal (hasn't done anything...pretty much ever)

William James (the staff will keep youbotys potential over Jame's experience)

Duke Preston (He's done nothing but decline over the past couple seasons)

John Wendling (A rare athletic talent, but couldnt even make it on the field last season with all of our injuries in the secondary. With the additions of Corner, and Cox, who can play safety too...I can see this guy getting cut)

Well, one out of four ain't bad.

Or this one?

Hey...im selling my Bills football signed by almost the entire 2007 roster

I used to work in the merchandise department and got this ball signed for me.

pics are up on ebay...its an awesome football.