Mike Brown FS released

billsevans

The Bears have "decided to cut ties with" nine-year veteran FS Mike Brown.

This was expected, as GM Jerry Angelo said a month ago that he couldn't envision a scenario where Brown would return. Angelo is high on Danieal Manning, who is expected to be moved into Brown's starting role. With his injury history, Brown will likely have to accept a short-term, incentive-laden deal elsewhere.

Chicago Tribune Article

Anyone interested in bringing him in. He's a veteran and could be reunited with Dicky boy.

The Bears have "decided to cut ties with" nine-year veteran FS Mike Brown.

This was expected, as GM Jerry Angelo said a month ago that he couldn't envision a scenario where Brown would return. Angelo is high on Danieal Manning, who is expected to be moved into Brown's starting role. With his injury history, Brown will likely have to accept a short-term, incentive-laden deal elsewhere.

Chicago Tribune Article

Anyone interested in bringing him in. He's a veteran and could be reunited with Dicky boy.

No - not a need for the Bills and his injury history makes him suspect.

Very true, amd it matters not which position a team neglects to stock that secondary!

Jauron loves his guys, but I think this year he'll be overruled on personnel issues. That should have happened from Day 1, but it took until this off-season for people to realize that.

Sinking two first round (top 15 picks), a 3rd, 2 4th's, a 6th, and 7th over the span of three seasons should have solved the problem. That and signing a multiple UFA's and we're debating going after an injury prone safety from Jauron's only winning season. It's amazing what this team has become.

On draft day, DJ should be updating the big board with Ralphie, while Modrak makes the final decision. I'm not wildly crazy about TM, but he's light years beyond Brandon, Jauron, Linda Bogdan, and Ralph.

Ok, this guy is as injujry-plagued as they come. But I think we should sign him. He is very talented and plays FS. He just came from a Cover 2 and knows Jauron. A veteran precense next to Whitner, allowing him to just play SS is great. This seems like a no-brained to me.

Brown knows Jauron. Tell me why he would want to play for him again? I would think playing for Jauron would be near the bottom of his list.

Brown knows Jauron. Tell me why he would want to play for him again? I would think playing for Jauron would be near the bottom of his list.

What a populist comment without any merit.

I guess you really don't keep up with what happens in the NFL. Just because you don't like Jauron as many others here don't, doesn't change the fact of what other players that have played for him feel about him. He is liked very much from his ex and current players. I am not defending his coaching ability, I am stating a fact.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind having Brown on our team. It would have to be for the league minimum, with all sorts of incentives based on playing time, injury and performance.

He is injured more than half the time, but when healthy he is a very productive player and I think that he could help out our young safety's.

What a populist comment without any merit.

I guess you really don't keep up with what happens in the NFL. Just because you don't like Jauron as many others here don't, doesn't change the fact of what other players that have played for him feel about him. He is liked very much from his ex and current players. I am not defending his coaching ability, I am stating a fact.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind having Brown on our team. It would have to be for the league minimum, with all sorts of incentives based on playing time, injury and performance.

He is injured more than half the time, but when healthy he is a very productive player and I think that he could help out our young safety's.

Don't kid yourself. Yeah, the players in Chicago (I live there) all said they liked him when he was the coach, but no tears were shed when he was canned. They were tired of losing and happy to get a new coach. At least this is what was expressed publically.

If you're a veteran player near the end of your career, a free agent, you're looking for 2 things. Money and a chance to win I would think. The Bills will likely be short on both. Brown will get plenty more than the league minimum from someone ($760K) IMO if he can pass a physical, and it hasn't been the Bills' style to sign older guys of questionable health. If he's healthy he can be a very good player and he could certainly help the Bills. I just don't see it happening and I don't see him wanting to play for Jauron any more than any other coach, less probably.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Jauron and I'm sure you don't. But didn't you notice how all his players were saying how much they like him and wanted him back. That's no lip service, Jauron is a nice guy, likeable and easy-going. All his players like him because he treats them well, doesn't run them hard and coddles them.

Surprisingly it has nothing to do with how terrible a football coach he is. Dick Jauron is a player's coach.