Dog Barking Problems

TSNBDSC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should act in a more civilized way like you. Maybe he could tap into the neighbor's water supply and slowly poison them too. Just make sure you are really sneaky about it so you don't have to confront them!

All right. It's clear that I'm dealing with a dim bulb here so I'll break it down for you. A normal and responsible pet owner would never allow their dog(s) to bark incessantly, especially with neighbors nearby. The fact that these people do allow their dogs to disturb their neighbors, speaks for their character and proves that they do not give a fug about their neighbors right to enjoy peace and quiet or else they would remedy the problem themselves. It's quite clear that confrontation is only going to make the situation worse. Now when the barking continues and you're forced to take matters into your own hands, they can lead the police right to your doorstep because of the little confrontation that you had to have. You should just answer the door in handcuffs and save the cops the effort. Brilliant! ;)

All right. It's clear that I'm dealing with a dim bulb here so I'll break it down for you. A normal and responsible pet owner would never allow their dog(s) to bark incessantly, especially with neighbors nearby. The fact that these people do allow their dogs to disturb their neighbors, speaks for their character and proves that they do not give a fug about their neighbors right to enjoy peace and quiet or else they would remedy the problem themselves. It's quite clear that confrontation is only going to make the situation worse. Now when the barking continues and you're forced to take matters into your own hands, they can lead the police right to your doorstep because of the little confrontation that you had to have. You should just answer the door in handcuffs and save the cops the effort. Brilliant! ;)

They will arrest you for asking them to shut their dogs up but not for poisoning them? Who is the dim bulb here?

My response was not meant to be taken totally seriously. I would not really shoot someone for poisoning my dogs. I'm not going to prison over it.

If you are serious about poisoning someone's dogs in a very unnecessarily painfull way, you have some serious issues and are a coward.

... is there something I can buy and use to make these dogs stop barking ? ... high pitch wistle (spelling), air horn, etc, ? ... I believe there was a discussion on this issue a while back but a search came up dry ... thanks ...

First the serious response: Find out what your local noice ordinance is. If the barking is in violation, call the police. It may be based on distance, time of day or repetition.

If the barking is not in violation, or if you want to do this instead of calling the police first, find out the address of the house and send them an anonymous letter. Don't threaten them, just say something like, "We would like to ask you to please be considerate of your neighbors. This is a peaceful neighborhood and we would like to keep it that way. We are pet owners too. Please don't let your dogs disturb your neighbors". Or words to that effect. I've used it and it has worked. I've had to do it again, a month or so later but it has done the job.

On to Fun stuff: Get one of those "silent" silent dog whistles. Get up around 3:00 AM and go to it like Clarence Clemmons on angel dust. Do this every night at different times until the owners get tired of having their dog go crackers in the wee hours of the morning. This is good only if the dogs are inside the house at that time.

Anyway, good luck.

sigh

I had to go to oldfarts.com to find out what you were sighing about and I found out that your avatar is some kind of primitive thing used for these 45 records. I guess you don't like getting old and are upset that I have rubbed your nose into this ancient recording device. It said it was invented by Thomas Edison. Sorry. :w00t: