New Chase Coffman Highlight Video

Stl Bills

or Martin Rucker.

Coffman looks like a decent round 3 pick. Any sooner? nah.

Wow, your thought is contrary to most every NFL analyst's mock draft. Coffman's stock is rising and most have hom gone b4 we pick in rd 2. Do you know something that the rest of the NFL world doesn't?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's rangy but not "baby giraffe" rangy. The guy is cut high but he looks to have a lot of fast-twitch muscle fibers and his acceleration and change of direction are outstanding. Not loose and gangly at all.

Huh? I thought we were talking about football...

"he did alright"........another Bills fans who accepts mediocrity.

Drew Bledsoe could chase him down.

Man you guys really follow football pretty closely don't you....I was being sarcastic when saying he "did OK". By OK I meant pretty fuggin good....

John Carlson (you wouldn't take this Mediocrity from a rookie on the Bills, BuckyDumbass?)

15 games 55 rec 627 yards and 5 Tds

compared to Dustin Keller, who was the sexy pick because of workouts and his 4.5 speed

Dustin Keller

16 games 48 rec 535 and 3 TDs and countless drops

But since Carlson was so slow and Mediocre lets not stop at comparing him to his rookie peers.......

Rookie Season Stats

Tony Gonzalez

33 rec 368 yds 2 Tds

Kellen Winslow Sr

25 rec 255 2 Tds

Shannon Sharpe

7 rec 99 yards 1 Tds

Jeremy Shockey

74 rec 894 yds 2 Tds

Jason Witten

35rec 347 yds 1 Tds

Dallas Clark

29rec 340 yds 1 Tds

Alge Crumpler

25 rec 330 yds 3 Tds

Owen Daniels

34 rec 342 yds 5 Tds

Man you guys really know your sh*t! :rolleyes: I would hate to have such a slow, mediocre TE on the Bills, what the hell was I thinking ;)

Man you guys really follow football pretty closely don't you....I was being sarcastic when saying he "did OK". By OK I meant pretty fuggin good....

John Carlson (you wouldn't take this Mediocrity from a rookie on the Bills, BuckyDumbass?)

compared to Dustin Keller, who was the sexy pick because of workouts and his 4.5 speed

Dustin Keller

But since Carlson was so slow and Mediocre lets not stop at comparing him to his rookie peers.......

Rookie Season Stats

Tony Gonzalez

33 rec 368 yds 2 Tds

Kellen Winslow Sr

25 rec 255 2 Tds

Shannon Sharpe

7 rec 99 yards 1 Tds

Jeremy Shockey

74 rec 894 yds 2 Tds

Jason Witten

35rec 347 yds 1 Tds

Dallas Clark

29rec 340 yds 1 Tds

Alge Crumpler

25 rec 330 yds 3 Tds

Owen Daniels

34 rec 342 yds 5 Tds

Man you guys really know your sh*t! :rolleyes: I would hate to have such a slow, mediocre TE on the Bills, what the hell was I thinking ;)

Coffmans knock is his durability. Every report I have seen said he could be a great pick in the 3rd. No higher. Injury probs galore. And by the way not taking anything away from Carlson but he was the #1 on that team last year. They were riddled with injuries.

Coffmans knock is his durability. Every report I have seen said he could be a great pick in the 3rd. No higher. Injury probs galore. And by the way not taking anything away from Carlson but he was the #1 on that team last year. They were riddled with injuries.

Agreed about Carlson but he was viable option as a rookie, most WRs and TEs have trouble just seeing the field.....my point was he was much better than mediocre.

Dustin Keller

Rookie Season Stats

Tony Gonzalez

33 rec 368 yds 2 Tds

Kellen Winslow Sr

25 rec 255 2 Tds

Shannon Sharpe

7 rec 99 yards 1 Tds

Jeremy Shockey

74 rec 894 yds 2 Tds

Jason Witten

35rec 347 yds 1 Tds

Dallas Clark

29rec 340 yds 1 Tds

Alge Crumpler

25 rec 330 yds 3 Tds

Owen Daniels

34 rec 342 yds 5 Tds

It was widely known that Carlson was sick at the combine and that was why he ran so slow. In the Notre Dame "Pro Day" workout he ran a 4.7 and then a 4.68 in the 40 yard dash. He's not really that slow at all for his size. I'm a ND fan, watched him for years, and was PRAYING that we selected him, but we didn't. Seattle got a GOOD TE that will be productive for MANY years to come. He is far from mediocre and will see his fair share of Pro Bowl action, you can bet that.

It was widely known that Carlson was sick at the combine and that was why he ran so slow. In the Notre Dame "Pro Day" workout he ran a 4.7 and then a 4.68 in the 40 yard dash. He's not really that slow at all for his size. I'm a ND fan, watched him for years, and was PRAYING that we selected him, but we didn't. Seattle got a GOOD TE that will be productive for MANY years to come. He is far from mediocre and will see his fair share of Pro Bowl action, you can bet that.

I'm not saying Carlson isn't faster than his combine time but I'm always skepitcal about Pro-Day times, have you ever noticed that if a guy runs a bad time at the combine, they always run much better at their Pro-Day. I can't think of one instance where somebody has actually run a slower time. That being said, I put more stock in how the guys perform in pads anyway. I was also a Carlson fan last year, my lil sis was ND athlete as well...graduated in 2006 so I followed the Irish pretty closely. I expect Coffman to run in the 4.7s though.