James Laurinaitis

Armchair GM

With all the top rated DL players likely to be gone by pick 11, a very possible scenario is trading down. Let's face it, with this years controversy, and the fact he's getting up there, McNabb will soon be replaced in Philly. Look for Bflo to trade down with Philly if Sanchez is still on the board. Possibly, even if he's not, they may be looking for a change of pace backup to Mr. Westbrook, so they may want to jump ahead of the pack to get Knowshon or Beenie....Therefor taking James Laurinaitis @ pick 21. By the way, the Sr. Bowl doesn't mean squat to me!

Ponderous...

With all the top rated DL players likely to be gone by pick 11, a very possible scenario is trading down. Let's face it, with this years controversy, and the fact he's getting up there, McNabb will soon be replaced in Philly. Look for Bflo to trade down with Philly if Sanchez is still on the board. Possibly, even if he's not, they may be looking for a change of pace backup to Mr. Westbrook, so they may want to jump ahead of the pack to get Knowshon or Beenie....Therefor taking James Laurinaitis @ pick 21. By the way, the Sr. Bowl doesn't mean squat to me!

Ponderous...

dude, Philly drafted Kevin Kolb in the second round not too long ago. They aren't going to go for Sanchez.

There is no way we take this guy... Ralph wilson sees posluszny as a hero and a money maker for the billls. there is no way we can replace the jerseys and him... The best player the bills can take is Brian Orakpo by far the best DE.. actually I think Texas's whole d-line could be going the first round

Ponderous...

First off, this post is all over the place. You have multiple things going on. Second, philly is not going to get rid of mcnabb and buckhalter is westbrook's backup.

If we went the lb route through the draft I'd rather Have Curry, Maluaga or Cushing in that order.

I agree, I also dont see all three DE's and Raji all gone by 11, there are too many good OT's that will be snatched early. Id love to have Curry, besides that I really want Orakpo first then Brown then Johnson, coushing and malauga are better than laurenitis will ever be. We really need a speed rusher as everyone knows and the only way we dont get a good one is if curry falls to us.

Everyone knows that Laurinaitis is forever destined to be drafted by the Green Bay Packers, thereby setting up a LB crew of Hawk & Animal.

*awkward silence*

Anyone? Anyone?

Duh, duh, dunna-duh, dunna-dunna-dunna-duh-dunna-duh :w00t: LOD BABY!!!

Seriously though, we're not taking Laurinaitis unless he's around when we pick in the 2nd. I think we'd take him then and try him at SOLB. He'd probably be the best player available and we need atleast 1 LB in this draft if we don't land a good one in FA. If we do get one in FA, we probably don't even draft a LB until the 4th or later.

First off, this post is all over the place. You have multiple things going on. Second, philly is not going to get rid of mcnabb and buckhalter is westbrook's backup.

All over the place? It's 1 scenario. I didn't say Philly would get rid of McNabb, I merely stated the obvious, age! Same with Buckhalter (provides a change of place, but is not a homerun threat). These guys aren't getting any younger, and Philly has failed to take it to the next level. Perennial playoffs, 1 superbowl appearance since the McNabb era began...Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part as I love the idea of getting James and moving Poz back to the outside where he excelled @ PSU.

Laurinaitis was a very good college linebacker, but against the faster teams he played against (the usc game this year and the lsu game last year) he looked like a chicken with his head cut off half the time. I do agree that we need to upgrade at lb, but I dont think he's the answer.

If Brown, Raji, and Orakpo are gone by the time we select I don't know what we're going to do. I'd hate to see us take Pettigrew at #11. If the 3 forementioned are gone I believe that leaves us with either Aaron Curry or one of the top 4 OT's falling into our hands (likey Jason Smith or Oher). Why would we not look to upgrade over LW if there's a top guy on the board? If there's a top OT there we should REALLY think about drafting him. I'd say that we'd also have to take Curry if he fell to us. I'd take Curry over one of the OT's. The guy is a tackling machine and would have the same impact on our defense as Willis has on San Fran's. Curry slashes and gets to the ball carriers quickly having the speed to run guys down from sideline to sideline.

I wouldn't draft that guy in the 3rd!!

He may very well be the most over-valued college football player of the last 10 years. He has a famous father and LOOKS like he would be an animal on the field. In their three bowl games against real teams, with real NFL caliber speed and athletes, he was exposed as what he is: A slow, marginally talented, Big 10(11) linebacker.

If we're going to draft or pick up a LB in free agency, it needs to be to move Poz out of the middle and to his more natural position outside.

If we were going to completely waste a first-rounder, I'd rather us take an unnecessary piece that would be fun to use: Maclin, Harvin, even DHB.

No to Laurinaitus... At least until the 4th!

I think that Laurinaitis is going to end up being this years Dan Connor. If you remember last year at this time, Connor was going to be a first round pick, too.

I doubt he'll fall to the third round like Connor, but I could see him being available when we pick in the 2nd round. And honestly, I hope the Bills don't take him.

Everyone knows that Laurinaitis is forever destined to be drafted by the Green Bay Packers, thereby setting up a LB crew of Hawk & Animal.

*awkward silence*

Anyone? Anyone?

Announcer: "aaaaaaooooooooohhhh whaaaaaat a RUSH! .....To that Lions QB. Now 2nd and 16."