Ross Tucker: Bills 1 of 3 teams that could be next years Cardinals

Big Turk

Houston, Buffalo and San Fran were the 3 teams Tucker claims could mirror the success the Cardinals had, coming from nowhere and making it to the Super Bowl...I tend to think the Bills will be lucky to get back to 7-9 with the schedule they have, but it still made me feel good to read what he wrote:

"Buffalo Bills

The Bills feel as if they blew a golden opportunity to win the AFC East by faltering after a 5-1 start in a season in which New England was without Tom Brady. They are absolutely right, they did miss out on a unique chance, and the Miami Dolphins were all too happy to slide in and wrest the division away from the perennial division champion Patriots.

But all is not lost for a Bills organization that has compiled a good group of talented young players. Marshawn Lynch looks to be one of the best all-around backs in the league. He and Fred Jackson were successful running behind the offensive line once right guard Brad Butler was back in the fold after injury. The Bills have a No. 1 receiver in Lee Evans and a quarterback (Trent Edwards) who appeared to be on the rise before he got injured and worked through a bit of a sophomore slump.

Defensively, the Bills were able to make strides in some areas and Marcus Stroud was a big reason for that. The loss of Aaron Schobel and his consistent pass rush, however, proved fatal. The Bills need improved roster depth to overcome these types of injuries."

Who will be Next Years Cardinals?

Houston, Buffalo and San Fran were the 3 teams Tucker claims could mirror the success the Cardinals had, coming from nowhere and making it to the Super Bowl...I tend to think the Bills will be lucky to get back to 7-9 with the schedule they have, but it still made me feel good to read what he wrote:

"Buffalo Bills

The Bills feel as if they blew a golden opportunity to win the AFC East by faltering after a 5-1 start in a season in which New England was without Tom Brady. They are absolutely right, they did miss out on a unique chance, and the Miami Dolphins were all too happy to slide in and wrest the division away from the perennial division champion Patriots.

But all is not lost for a Bills organization that has compiled a good group of talented young players. Marshawn Lynch looks to be one of the best all-around backs in the league. He and Fred Jackson were successful running behind the offensive line once right guard Brad Butler was back in the fold after injury. The Bills have a No. 1 receiver in Lee Evans and a quarterback (Trent Edwards) who appeared to be on the rise before he got injured and worked through a bit of a sophomore slump.

Defensively, the Bills were able to make strides in some areas and Marcus Stroud was a big reason for that. The loss of Aaron Schobel and his consistent pass rush, however, proved fatal. The Bills need improved roster depth to overcome these types of injuries."

Some valid points in this article, unfortunately DJ isn't fit to hold Ken Whisenhunt's clipboard! :wallbash:

The Bills were also supposed to be this past year's version of "worst-to-first" or something like the surprise team to make the playoffs.

There is always some speculation about who will be "this year's <insert surprise team that makes a Super Bowl run here>" and to me, it's always bogus. Once it's thrown out there that Houston, San Fran, & Buffalo could be that team, then they won't become that team because they're now being watched like a hawk.

I'm optimistic because I remember when the Tenessee Titans kept having 8-8 seasons before the beating the Bills in the playoffs. It took a while for them to develop a core set of players. They have been a much better team since then. Honestly, it all depends on Trent since Pittsburg struggled a lot before getting a franchise quarterback. The Bills are still hurting from the Donehue years, but they have been drafting better players. No more Eric Flowers.

In order for us to be the Cards, we need about 20 more players that can play high level football. Right now pretty much everyone on their defense and offense is better then who we have.......

now you are just being rediculous. let's take a look.

OFFENSE:

QB - Warner/Leinart = Arizona

RB - Lynch/Jackson = Buffalo

FB - T. Smith = Arizona

WR - Fitz/Boldin/Breaston/Doucet/Urban = Arizona

TE - Pope/Patrick/Spach = Arizona

LT - Peters = Buffalo

LG - Dockery = Buffalo

C - TIE = BOTH SUCK

RG - Lutui = Arizona

RT - Brown = Arizona

DEFENSE:

LDE - Smith = Arizona

DT - Dockett/Robinson/Watson/Branch = Arizona

RDE - Schobel - Buffalo

LOLB - Crowell = Buffalo (If it's Ellison, give me Okeafor = Arizona)

MLB - Posluzny = Buffalo

ROLB - Dansby = Arizona

CB - McGee, Greer, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner = Buffalo

FS - Rolle = Arizona

SS - Wilson = Arizona

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K - Rackers = Arizona

P - Moorman = Buffalo

KR/PR - McGee, McKelvin, Parrish = Buffalo

COACHING STAFF = ARIZONA (I think Haley is the BIGGEST difference maker!)

I like the thought but I am not going to get my hopes up just yet. Until the Bills clinch a playoff spot, I will likely hold a let's wait and see piss poor attitude. This team / franchise has just found too many ways to poke the fans in the eye for the past ten years. Keep in mind the Cards were not likely to rise to where they did with Leinart at QB. I know Tucker called Edwards play a "sophmore slump" but he simply failed, failed, failed against 3-4 defenses. Until he figures this out he will remain in a terrible slump. The Bills will go a long way towards turning that situation around by brining in a good vet QB who can either mentor Edwards from the sideline or step in if needed. JP was a joke and should not have been on the roster this past year.

In order for us to be the Cards, we need about 20 more players that can play high level football. Right now pretty much everyone on their defense and offense is better then who we have.......

Actually what we need is to play in a division where the other teams are 7-9, 4-12, and 2-14...

Jauron would make sure we at least tied for 1st!!

The key to this IMO is that Arizona won a division with just 9 wins. Heck, the Chargers made the playoffs, won their division, WON A PLAYOFF GAME and still didn't have a winning record!! ( :w00t: )

That's not gonna happen in the AFC East. This is a division that had an 11 win team miss out on the playoffs. The only reason a 9-7 record (NYJ) didn't suck in the East is because WE were 7-9.

Given the appearance of a daunting schedule next year, another 7-9 campaign might just be an improvement.