Where Does Vince Young Rank...........

H2o

Once in a generation talent?? Are you kidding?

No I'm 100% serious. I saw him play the Bills in a preseason game I think in 2007? and the guy looked like he was about to become the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Talent does not necessarily = results. He has shown flashes of brilliance ie. the Bills game in 2006 when he single-handedly beat the Bills in OP. Yes, he has struggled as of late, but to put him in the same sentence as those other jabronis is preposterous.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm 100% serious. I saw him play the Bills in a preseason game I think in 2007? and the guy looked like he was about to become the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Talent does not necessarily = results. He has shown flashes of brilliance ie. the Bills game in 2006 when he single-handedly beat the Bills in OP. Yes, he has struggled as of late, but to put him in the same sentence as those other jabronis is preposterous.

That's what you get in the peanut gallery of this board.

When someone compares a Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowler to Ryan Leaf, you quickly realize how little they know.

He's still firmly in the 'enigma' category, I think. It's not impossible still that he hired a good sports psychologist this winter, and will emerge from behind Kerry Collins as a star next year. And it's not impossible that he'll never throw another pass.

This encapsulates the situation. My guess is next year is make or break. His situation and others like his underpin my belief that there should be a rookie pay scale. It's absurd that guys come out of school make millions and never pan out. I get the whole your one play away from ending your career but you are also one bench away from never doing squat in the NFL.

Vince Young is on par with Cunnigham as far as physical tools go. That's about as elite as you can get. He at times has been unstoppable.

Vince Young is on par with Cunnigham as far as physical tools go. That's about as elite as you can get. He at times has been unstoppable.

He hasn't been anywhere close to unstoppable since college. That's an insult to Cunningham. Cunningham was a great passer and Vince Young is not. The most important quality a QB can have is being an accurate passer, that's the most important physical tool...miles ahead of speed and arm strength, which are just complimentary.

He is far from a complete bust and has some physical talent. I just think you exaggerated a bit. He is big, strong and fast but right now is a very inaccurate passer. Most QB are not gifted physically. They are smart and great passers.

Horrendous post. Is this what TSW has come to in the offseason? Vince Young was a pro-bowler in 2006 and if you recall, in that game against the Bills, was absolutely insane. By the end of 2006 and for parts of 2007, he literally looked like a man amongst boys. The guy has once in a generation talent, but clearly has some sort of mental issues. But mentioning him in the same post as Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams and Charles Rogers?!? Come on man.

Unfortunately, it seems TSW has become a horrible cesspool of haters. A mere few years ago, I would have expected this kind of treatment for a Buffalo Bill, of the same caliber as VY, but not for a player on a different team.

I have never been a big fan of VW, and thought he was overrated coming out of college. When he made the Pro Bowl, I still didn't believe he was a great, or consistent, QB...but, an enormous bust? Puhleeze. He isn't anywhere near the top half of all time busts. I think he still might actually turn out to be a very valuable player, some where in this league.

Too early to tell...

No sh--.

You people all jump to these "BUSTS" conclusions WAY FAR TOO EARLY!

The guy was HURT ALL YEAR!

He can't read a defense.. all he can do is run. He will never be a good qb.

Didn't people say the same thing about Donovan McNabb coming out of Syracuse?

He hasn't been anywhere close to unstoppable since college. That's an insult to Cunningham. Cunningham was a great passer and Vince Young is not. The most important quality a QB can have is being an accurate passer, that's the most important physical tool...miles ahead of speed and arm strength, which are just complimentary.

You have a nasty habit of twisting words around. I said he has physical tools comparable to Cunningham. Cunnigham is obviously the superior player at this point. Vince Young has shown flashes of greatness in the NFL, whether you want to admit it or not and your a little quick to right off a talented player who has had early success.

No sh--.

You people all jump to these "BUSTS" conclusions WAY FAR TOO EARLY!

The guy was HURT ALL YEAR!

Didn't people say the same thing about Donovan McNabb coming out of Syracuse?

except year 2 McNabb had 21 td to 13 ints. While VY had 9 tds and 17 ints.

You have a nasty habit of twisting words around. I said he has physical tools comparable to Cunningham. Cunnigham is obviously the superior player at this point. Vince Young has shown flashes of greatness in the NFL, whether you want to admit it or not and your a little quick to right off a talented player who has had early success.

But that's just the thing. Look at his stats, and there is absolutely nothing, nothing at all that you would define as success. He has not one redeeming quality to this point.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196

Those are his career stats, there is nothing impressive besides maybe his rushing yards, but that is negated by the fact that he's fumbled the ball 24 times.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/game...amp;season=2007

That's his game log for 2007, and the game log for his rookie season looks largely the same. He has 1 or 2 quality games in there, and nothing really points to any "flashes of greatness".

His numbers are comparable to some of the worst QBs in the decade, and (just for good measure) his career QB rating is 8 points below Losman's. He is simply not a good QB, and he won't be until he gets some arm accuracy.

But that's just the thing. Look at his stats, and there is absolutely nothing, nothing at all that you would define as success. He has not one redeeming quality to this point.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196

Those are his career stats, there is nothing impressive besides maybe his rushing yards, but that is negated by the fact that he's fumbled the ball 24 times.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/game...amp;season=2007

That's his game log for 2007, and the game log for his rookie season looks largely the same. He has 1 or 2 quality games in there, and nothing really points to any "flashes of greatness".

His numbers are comparable to some of the worst QBs in the decade, and (just for good measure) his career QB rating is 8 points below Losman's. He is simply not a good QB, and he won't be until he gets some arm accuracy.

I respectfully disagree. I'm not saying he's a worldbeater at this point but I get more out of watching him play than tallying up his stats. He was winning with the Titans before he got hurt and it wasn't despite him. His playoff team wasn't as good as this years team either. He's not going anywhere, so time will tell.

I respectfully disagree. I'm not saying he's a worldbeater at this point but I get more out of watching him play than tallying up his stats. He was winning with the Titans before he got hurt and it wasn't despite him. His playoff team wasn't as good as this years team either. He's not going anywhere, so time will tell.

huh? Most of the titans wins were despite him. He almost lost many games because of his many turnovers.

I'd say that he has to be right up there at this point. The guy was a #3 overall pick with expectations that exceed the place that he was selected at. He had a couple of decent/sub par seasons running around on the field, but has never had any resemblance of an NFL QB IMO. Then he falls apart because he gets booed by fans that were upset with his play on the field? Now he can't even get back in there ahead of Kerry Collins. I'd say he's right in there with the Ryan Leaf's, Robert Gallery's, Mike Williams', and Charles Rogers' of this world. It won't be long before the guy is sitting on the coach at home, dipping his Tostitos, and screaming at the TV EVERY Sunday just like the rest of us. Sad, but true none the less.

Kinda of hard to call a guy who has twice lead a team to a winning record, once to the playoffs, been to a pro bowl, and was rookie of the year a bust. I only wish Losman was such a "bust."

Young would have take the Titans to the playoffs too. Collins was average to below average but he was the safer alternative. Young went through some things, but I still think the guy will be a player in this league. But even if he doesn't, he still had a better career than all those guys you listed.

huh? Most of the titans wins were despite him. He almost lost many games because of his many turnovers.

He went 8-5 his rookie year, with four come from behind fourth quarter victories. He also scored on a long TD run in overtime that same year. He was awarded ROY and went to the pro-bowl. His 2007 season was effected by an array of injuries but he still led the team to the playoffs and engineered a handful of comeback drives. He was then injured in the beginning of the 2008 season and never returned. You can keep your stats! I prefer wins! :wallbash:

He went 8-5 his rookie year, with four come from behind fourth quarter victories. He also scored on a long TD run in overtime that same year. He was awarded ROY and went to the pro-bowl. His 2007 season was effected by an array of injuries but he still led the team to the playoffs and engineered a handful of comeback drives. He was then injured in the beginning of the 2008 season and never returned. You can keep your stats! I prefer wins! :wallbash:

Nice. It's kinda of like the Flutie-Johnson thing. Who cares that Flutie led the Bills to the playoffs 2 times in 2 seasons? His stats were slipping and they had a taller QB who had a better arm on the bench. So dumb.

I liek winning too. That's why I could care less how many tds a QB throws. IMO, I'd rather have Big Ben than Peyton Manning.