BRING CHRISS SIMMS IN FOR INSURANCE

DERRICK O

He was awful even before he ruptured his spleen.

He actually seemed to be starting to put it all together on the field before going down with a ruptured spleen. He got a raw deal in Tampa by that derranged little doll. He wasn't really given the opportnity to compete for the starting job once he came back healthy. It's just another instance of Gruden playing his role as king turd.

I'd be happy if we brought him in as a backup. Truth be told, he might even end up taking Edwards spot if he kept having performances like the Cleveland game. It would definitely be an upgrade over what we had with J.P. Losman. I also think we should take a look at bringing in Byron Leftwich. He has a strong arm and could get the ball down the field. I think he'd IMMEDIATELY push TrINT for the starting QB job.

He actually seemed to be starting to put it all together on the field before going down with a ruptured spleen. He got a raw deal in Tampa by that derranged little doll. He wasn't really given the opportnity to compete for the starting job once he came back healthy. It's just another instance of Gruden playing his role as king turd.

I'd be happy if we brought him in as a backup. Truth be told, he might even end up taking Edwards spot if he kept having performances like the Cleveland game. It would definitely be an upgrade over what we had with J.P. Losman. I also think we should take a look at bringing in Byron Leftwich. He has a strong arm and could get the ball down the field. I think he'd IMMEDIATELY push TrINT for the starting QB job.

Now that's an idea! Talk about a guy that got a raw deal...Leftwich was a top 10 quarterback, then he slipped a little bit and everybody forgot about him.

Now that's an idea! Talk about a guy that got a raw deal...Leftwich was a top 10 quarterback, then he slipped a little bit and everybody forgot about him.

Leftwich was never a top 10 qb.

You do realize, that even in Leftwich's best year that it paled in comparison to Losman's best year?

Leftwich was never a top 10 qb.

You do realize, that even in Leftwich's best year that it paled in comparison to Losman's best year?

Ok, looking back at his stats, he never really had a statement season. His first 11 games of 2005 were really good, but that was when he got injured and eventually lost the job to Garrard. Still, he's got a strong arm and a career 54:38 ratio on touchdowns to interceptions. He's more than worthy to backup and compete for the starting job with Trent. If we're looking for a veteran backup, I'd put him on my shortlist.

I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED CHRISS SIMMS AND HE WAS PLAYING WELL BEFORE HE GOT HURT. BRING HIM IN AND AND JUST MAYBE IF TRENT GOES DOWN HE CAN BRING US SOMETHING SPECIAL. ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE?

I actually heard that Jeff Fisher is very high on Simms, heard it numerous times throughout the season. I think he actually is grooming him for the position when Kerry Collins hangs em up or falls on his face (which will be next year). I don't think Fisher wants VY to start anymore long term. I like your thinking though. Simms has proved he could at least be a quality backup in the league

I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED CHRISS SIMMS AND HE WAS PLAYING WELL BEFORE HE GOT HURT. BRING HIM IN AND AND JUST MAYBE IF TRENT GOES DOWN HE CAN BRING US SOMETHING SPECIAL. ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE?

Chris Simms stinks