Dan Reeves sniffing around

Well, it sounds like Mr. Reeves is feeling healthy enough for a return to the NFL as he has been in talks about OC positions I believe in SF and a consulting role with Dallas. Just throwing it out there since that is the norm on this board. Would you take a look at Reeves as a possible consultant/coach in waiting?

Well, it sounds like Mr. Reeves is feeling healthy enough for a return to the NFL as he has been in talks about OC positions I believe in SF and a consulting role with Dallas. Just throwing it out there since that is the norm on this board. Would you take a look at Reeves as a possible consultant/coach in waiting?

Bigger question would be if Reeves would look at the Bills as a possible consultant/coach. Poor Wade.

ESPN link

One on hand: Dan Reeves has a long history of putting together winning teams and creating great offenses, even with less than great players.

One the other hand: You have to wonder if football has passed by the guy. Kinda like Mike Ditka w/ New Orleans.

One on hand: Dan Reeves has a long history of putting together winning teams and creating great offenses, even with less than great players.

One the other hand: You have to wonder if football has passed by the guy. Kinda like Mike Ditka w/ New Orleans.

If football has passed Dan Reeves by, than football has steamrolled over Dick Jauron and left him buried face down in the pavement.

I'd take Reeves in a second, but like every other coach worth a damn, there's zero percent chance he's coming to Buffalo.

Reves actually called a couple of Bills games last year for Westwood One. He does a guest spot on a local radio show here and i can remember him one time saying he liked Trent Edwards and the young team Buffalo has. Now mind you this comment came during the 5-1 start. For what its worth. I dont know if he would come to Buffalo, probably gonna be a Cowboys 'consultant'.

But hey he is old and that seems to be who Mr Wilson trusts. And i do think he would be a heck of a lot better then Jauron.

I'd take him in a hearbeat as consultant or coach. I wanted the bills to hire him when they hired Jauron. He's not that old either. He's 64. He's been a part of like 10 Super Bowls as player and coach. Studied under Tom Landry for 15 or 20 years. He's an offensive genius and can develop/hone young QBs like John Elway and Michael Vick. Builds his offense around players he's got. Does anyone have any evidence that "the game has passed him by"?

I'd love to see this guy roaming the sidelines at the Ralph on Sunday afternoons in 2009 ...

Heck, a guy can dream, can't he?

I think he could be an interesting scenario. I know its a pipedream, but hey maybe Ralph could get him on the phone. Heck we had Dick LeBeau as a Consultant/Assistant for a year and that helped our D. Of course I would have preferred he stayed and Jerry Gray left after that season...