Did anyone catch Rex Ryan's Press Conference?

Heels20X6

- If anybody takes a run at one of his guys, his guys will take a run at TWO of yours.

An attitude Trent might have benefited from this year.

Cards pound his head into the turf among several other 'Oh, come on!' hits and DJ stood on the sidelines clapping.

I don't care if it comes with penalties. Guys have to know that if they come after you, it might be their knee that gets blown out in repercussion.

As I've written, I'm tired of this Jauron kitty-foot 'technique' and pillow biter 'finesse.' He can shove it. In football, you win by making the other guy not wanting to be out on that field, by making him ache, and saying "I know you know exactly what we're going to do, but we're doing it anyway and we're gonna run right over your ass."

I'd say last year, the worst coach in the league was the hardass Rod Marinelli and the best was the soft-spoken Belichick. Sideline/press conference emotion isn't a good indicator of coaching talent; it's something you pay attention to when you're already doubting the HC.

Soory, I guess I should follow up with what I mean by a "hard" coach. I'm not talking about a hard@ss. Those people get mixed results. I'm talking about a coach who consistently and proovingly lives and dies by ACCOUNTABILITY. Belichek, Dungy, Parcells are PERFECT examples of those type of coaches. Ones that expect their players to play their best ALL the time or be prepared to sit on the sidelines. They preach toughness - physical and mental and they create a mentality that makes other teams HATE playing you for fear of their own well-being.

Does that describe our Bills AT ALL? That's on our coach.

Yes, I know Ryan's attitude could be all blow and bluster but I like the fact that this guy is coming in and saying that he's going to make a team you hate to see on your schedule. You compare that to Dick's presser and he basically made a "statement" that when you see the Bills on your schedule, you might want to pencil a "W" next to the name because "it's hard to win in the NFL".

Soory, I guess I should follow up with what I mean by a "hard" coach. I'm not talking about a hard@ss. Those people get mixed results. I'm talking about a coach who consistently and proovingly lives and dies by ACCOUNTABILITY. Belichek, Dungy, Parcells are PERFECT examples of those type of coaches. Ones that expect their players to play their best ALL the time or be prepared to sit on the sidelines. They preach toughness - physical and mental and they create a mentality that makes other teams HATE playing you for fear of their own well-being.

Gotcha. No argument here. Playing pro football means pushing your body past what's comfortable. It must be extremely tempting to take plays off, slack a bit, go at 95%. If the coach lets you off the hook for it, then yeah, you're probably going to slide a little bit. You need coaches who make sure when you're playing at 99.95%, you have to explain what happened to the last 0.05%.

I think it's possible that there are coaches who do this, but then stick up for their guys to the press all the way. I don't think a good coach should hang his players out to dry to the media, but there's no sense that Jauron is any different behind closed doors. The fact that guys who make repeated mental mistakes - like Duke Preston - love their coach so much makes me think that he lets'em off the hook for it, and they don't do anything differently. I'd be more enthusiastic if the praise for Jauron was coming from players who are notably working hard and showing improvement.

Anyone notice that Vernon Davis performed better after Singletary sent him to the showers? Would DJ have gotten the same results from that player dealing with the problem in a more gentlemanly way?

Players that don't respond to "hard" coaching might be a bigger problem than a "hard" coach.

Under Singletary, Davis averaged 2 receptions and 27 yards a game. Remarkably similar to his sh*tty career stats.

I hope BMore exports their D coaches around the league every year.

If Marvin Lewis and Nolan have taught us anything its that a nine year old blind girl could run the Ravens D.

Read the book "Next Man Up" about the Ravens season a few years back. Lewis basically is the one that addresses the players and is their heart and soul. Ed Reed plays were ever the F**K he thinks he needs to be and what coach is going to argue with him.

The book basically spelled out all of the issues with Nolan, arrogant twat, not particularily creative, prone to fighting with coaches and players. And he was hired with some task master reputation in San Fran and was a total bust.

We'll see how easy being a bully will be with Kellen Clemens as your QB.

That bravado disappeared the minute he got down to the sidelines and realized he was in over his own head. You won't seem the same from Ryan. That fire and desire that the Ravens D have, they attribute to him.

Face it, a hard coach builds a hard team. Our coach looks for guys who try...and the end product reflects that attitude.

If only "a hard coach builds a hard team" than Tony Dungy and Dick Vermeil must never have won the Super Bowl. Oh, wait ...

This is only a style of communication. It has nothing to do with winning and losing and everything to do with personal style. It has about as much to do with winning and losing as the style of your hat.

As many have said, Gregg Williams communicated the same way and lost. Vermeil and Dungy communicate in the same way that Jauron does and they win. Winning and losing have to do with the systems you employ, the guys choosing your players and the quality of your players and virtually nothing to do with how tough you talk.

Patton talked tough. Eisenhower didn't. Bobby Knight talked tough. Coach K didn't. All were (or are) winners. Because of what they did, not their communication style. I recognize that your hatred of Jauron has you painted in a corner, but it would work better for you if you realized that things are not bad just because Jauron does them. Next thing you are going to start saying that brown-eyed guys can't win in this league.

Does that describe our Bills AT ALL? That's on our coach.

Yes, I know Ryan's attitude could be all blow and bluster but I like the fact that this guy is coming in and saying that he's going to make a team you hate to see on your schedule. You compare that to Dick's presser and he basically made a "statement" that when you see the Bills on your schedule, you might want to pencil a "W" next to the name because "it's hard to win in the NFL".

Well, you're right about accountability, but it is stressed by Jauron and by the Bills.

The language at press conferences is fluff. The language with players is what's important and the Bills constantly stress being accountable. Because Jauron does.

However, we don't yet have the personnel to stomp our way through the league. And that's what you need, including Rex Ryan.

Well, you're right about accountability, but it is stressed by Jauron and by the Bills.

The language at press conferences is fluff. The language with players is what's important and the Bills constantly stress being accountable. Because Jauron does.

However, we don't yet have the personnel to stomp our way through the league. And that's what you need, including Rex Ryan.

Really? As someone mentioned above, when the same players keep making the same mistakes week-after-week, that tells me there is little accountability on this team. Hence, why all the players "love" the coach. He's easy on them. Just my opinion though.

And I disagree with the personnel comment. A competent coach such as Jeff Fisher would have easily gotten this Bills squad to a 10 win or better season given the schedule we had. Jauron is mediocre. Or less than actually.

Really? As someone mentioned above, when the same players keep making the same mistakes week-after-week, that tells me there is little accountability on this team. Hence, why all the players "love" the coach. He's easy on them. Just my opinion though.

And I disagree with the personnel comment. A competent coach such as Jeff Fisher would have easily gotten this Bills squad to a 10 win or better season given the schedule we had. Jauron is mediocre. Or less than actually.

My vote for post of the day.

The Bills will make their standard effort to upgrade the roster through the draft and free agency. All part of the illusion of progress during the Juron regime. Hell, maybe I'll even get caught up in the optimisum that I lack at the moment.

The fact is now matter how much the roster changes, we won't get a sniff of the playoffs until we get a coach that can go head to head with the other HC's in the division. Week after week the Bills never looked that well prepared and very rarely did the gameplan seem like it was 'tuned' with the specific oppponent in mind. The salary cap is a blessing and a curse. It provides small market teams like the Bills the opportunity to compete with the big boys. But it also inhibits the ability to assemble vastly superior talent. Vastly superior talent could overcome the incompetence of a guy like Juron. The level playing field created by the cap magnifies the impact of superior coaching and front office skills. We just don't have either right now.

Sorry if I got a little off topic. Otherwise, Ryan might be an upgrade for the Jets but the only judge of that will be success or failure on the field.