Did anyone catch Rex Ryan's Press Conference?

Heels20X6

Did anyone get a chance to see Rex Ryan's press conference on the NFL Network where he's introduced to the New York Media? What he said was pretty ballsy and will make for great material if he fails, but you gotta respect the determination he has for turning the Jets' fortunes around.

Some of the highlights are here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e4407b

Among some of the things he said (and I'm paraphrasing so I apologize if I'm not exact):

- The Jets are coming and they're going to give you everything they've got...and you're not going to be able to handle it.

- Made a comment about being a Super Bowl winning team in 2 years when asked by a reporter of "goals"

- If anybody takes a run at one of his guys, his guys will take a run at TWO of yours.

Compare that to Limp Dick's introductory presser with the classic "It's hard to win in the NFL" attitude and you can see why this team is mired in mediocrity 3 years later....

Did anyone get a chance to see Rex Ryan's press conference on the NFL Network where he's introduced to the New York Media? What he said was pretty ballsy and will make for great material if he fails, but you gotta respect the determination he has for turning the Jets' fortunes around.

Among some of the things he said (and I'm paraphrasing so I apologize if I'm not exact):

- The Jets are coming and they're going to give you everything they've got...and you're not going to be able to handle it.

- Made a comment about being a Super Bowl winning team in 2 years when asked by a reporter of "goals"

- If anybody takes a run at one of his guys, his guys will take a run at TWO of yours.

Compare that to Limp Dick's introductory presser with the classic "It's hard to win in the NFL" attitude and you can see why this team is mired in mediocrity 3 years later....

It's good entertainment but who knows how things will play out on the field. Didn't Gregg Williams promise to break the NFL sack record?

It's good entertainment but who knows how things will play out on the field. Didn't Gregg Williams promise to break the NFL sack record?

I think by sack record, he was referring to how many times he could get fired by a team and rehired by another.

Sorry, the bravado routine doesn't do much for me.

Greg Williams was big on bravado, what's he doing now?

That bravado disappeared the minute he got down to the sidelines and realized he was in over his own head. You won't seem the same from Ryan. That fire and desire that the Ravens D have, they attribute to him.

Face it, a hard coach builds a hard team. Our coach looks for guys who try...and the end product reflects that attitude.

That bravado disappeared the minute he got down to the sidelines and realized he was in over his own head. You won't seem the same from Ryan. That fire and desire that the Ravens D have, they attribute to him.

Baltimore's D had this same attitude under Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan as well.

Someone should have told him he doesn't have the Bills on his schedule for 16 weeks.

Sounds like a recipe for fines, suspensions, and 15-yard personal fouls. Rex Ryan so far has shown he's a top-notch defensive coordinator when he has world class talent, and that he's got a gift for working the New York media.

I'm not going to crown him coach of the year just yet, but I do understand why Jets fans are excited.

Face it, a hard coach builds a hard team. Our coach looks for guys who try...and the end product reflects that attitude.

If you've played any sport at a high level you'd realize just how ridiculous that comment is. A "hard" coach doesn't build anything other than resentment. Do you seriously think if you named Ryan the Bills HC tomorrow that they'd tougher?

Look at Coughlin's first few years with the Giants. A coach who knows WTF he's doing builds a good team. No amount of screaming can make up for a lack of physical talent or desire.

If you've played any sport at a high level you'd realize just how ridiculous that comment is. A "hard" coach doesn't build anything other than resentment. Do you seriously think if you named Ryan the Bills HC tomorrow that they'd tougher?

Look at Coughlin's first few years with the Giants. A coach who knows WTF he's doing builds a good team. No amount of screaming can make up for a lack of physical talent or desire.

Have to disagree. The head coach sets the tone. He can set it how he wants. He impacts the teams attitude which is a huge factor in performance. Attitude affects desire. Certainly a hard tone can have a negative effect, but a soft tone can as well.

Anyone notice that Vernon Davis performed better after Singletary sent him to the showers? Would DJ have gotten the same results from that player dealing with the problem in a more gentlemanly way?

Players that don't respond to "hard" coaching might be a bigger problem than a "hard" coach.

I'd say last year, the worst coach in the league was the hardass Rod Marinelli and the best was the soft-spoken Belichick. Sideline/press conference emotion isn't a good indicator of coaching talent; it's something you pay attention to when you're already doubting the HC.

dont know if anyone saw this one...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/

*his video message/introduction to the fans.

he says..."blah blah blah...but we WONT be one of those bend, but don't break defense."

I have liked him for a couple years, thought he would be a good coach. I think he will succeed within time. He has the makings of a pretty good defense there. If he can keep Favre and draft a young guy, get one somehow, I think they will might win the division if Brady is out. New England is declining...quick fast.

Not really sure what Buffalo is up to?

I respect a little 'tude...now he and his team get to go out and back it up.