Should we draft a qb every April

As everyone knows, the bills have really struggled since the retirement of Kelly. We draft or trade for a qb of the future, develop that player for 2-3 years, then try again. Why not draft a qb every year until we get it right. If you end up with 2 top prospects on the team, you can trade one away. The qb you draft does not have to be taken in the 1st. It can come in any round, assuming the bills think the qb is the best player available. This thought could just be a product of my frustration, but it is about time the bills have a great qb.

*I do think Edwards has a shot to be good, but since I don't know I would like to see a backup plan.

As everyone knows, the bills have really struggled since the retirement of Kelly. We draft or trade for a qb of the future, develop that player for 2-3 years, then try again. Why not draft a qb every year until we get it right. If you end up with 2 top prospects on the team, you can trade one away. The qb you draft does not have to be taken in the 1st. It can come in any round, assuming the bills think the qb is the best player available. This thought could just be a product of my frustration, but it is about time the bills have a great qb.

*I do think Edwards has a shot to be good, but since I don't know I would like to see a backup plan.

An NFL QB has to be a field general, by force of his own will, directing a team.

Look at a couple of the peripatetic ones like Frerotte or Garcia. Both grab the reins, this or that team, year after year. Both won many, lost many, both have some distinguished big games. Those oldsters persist because they have the quick qb mind looking for the big gain, the touchdown play on every snap.

There are likable things about Edwards - but I don't see him as a QB with the big play instinct on his mind.

I for one wouldn't agonize if they picked a QB.

9 years since a playoff appearance - what's to lose? :huh:

An NFL QB has to be a field general, by force of his own will, directing a team.

If you cut it off right there and ask yourself "How many people who put girlish highlights in their hair also can pull off the above?" you will have your answer about whether we should draft a QB.