No team in LA for at least 10 years?

Rubes

From Mark Gaughan's Inside the NFL column:

Weaver also predicted the NFL will not get a team back in Los Angeles for at least another 10 years due in part to the current recession.

This was from Wayne Weaver, Jacksonville's owner. Interesting.

From Mark Gaughan's Inside the NFL column:

This was from Wayne Weaver, Jacksonville's owner. Interesting.

Living in LA, I would love to see a team here. Truth is, its ambitious at best to think we could get one here in the near future given the stadium issue. I think we do get one, but I think it takes a while...5-10 years sounds about right...but who knows.

Living in LA Sloan, I would love to see a team here. Truth is, its ambitious at best to think we could get one here in the near future given the stadium issue. I think we do get one, but I think it takes a while...5-10 years sounds about right...but who knows.

fixed :thumbsup: hahahaha

The current economic downturn is going to prevent any movement in the NFL for the immediate future. The financing and the tax money just isn't going to be there. Even Toronto is feeling the pinch. Even with the NFL being pretty much the dominant sport in North America, this recession/depression is severe enough that no financial bet is a sure thing.

lol...do the math...if i posted as often as you, i'd have well over 10,000 posts by now :thumbsup:

I was saying you post too much, was saying how often you post and yet offer no real football input most of the time...its usually some lame post like yours here or some gibberish post about Dike Leach, your man crush.

Weaver is 100% right....do you really think banks and municipalities are excited to dole out over 1B for a football team and stadium? Especially in a market that has failed twice! Not a big interest for NFL football in LA. They do after all have an MLS team to keep them busy.

Weaver is 100% right....do you really think banks and municipalities are excited to dole out over 1B for a football team and stadium? Especially in a market that has failed twice! Not a big interest for NFL football in LA. They do after all have an MLS team to keep them busy.

Not to mention two NBA teams, two MLB teams, and an NHL team. In a city where nobody seems to actually care about sports, the market is already saturated. Any NFL franchise would probably fail, barring a superbowl win in the first season.

Plenty of people I know there are not from LA so they root for other teams. Among media types etc...they seem to want it more than the average fan. I am not worried at all about LA wanting/taking the Bills. Too many hurdles to overcome for LA including new stadium, is there a "real" desire there, they lost TWO teams already due to lack of interest. Biggest population in the US but nonetheless NOT an NFL town. Most people identify with other teams. They seem to be happy with USC.