Good luck Poojer

GG

sadly we took ourselves down...we f-ed up and never were able to recover. we lost the trust of our customers and were never able to get it back. we were a service industry and lost sight of service. :unsure::ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol:

holy crap does, this really sucks

so what was it that took them down? Walmart? Best Buy? internet sales?

First thing I thought about when I heard that CC is closing permanently was that The Poojer was out of a job. I actually liked the recent campaign theme of CC saying prices were same in all locations (on-line and in store). Too bad they could not revamp and recovery but the economy has been in the crapper for 6 months. My wife's major client just laid off half the staff and she has not had any work for them since November or early December and this is usually the busy time.

we didnt get screwed, we just went astray and couldnt make it back. thanks for the thoughts though

I went through the same thing with Tower Records. I loved working for the company, they treated us well, until the final year or two, as the outlook for the company was looking more and more grim, and a lot of tough choices had to be made.

Those were hard days, but years later, I still look back at 9 of those 11 years as the best days of my working life. At one time, the company was the best in the music retail business, but they got a little cocky in the early 1990's, and the old hippies who were stearing the ship just made one short sighted, poor decision after another. When the bottom fell out for music retail in the later 1990's they were so far in debt, they couldn't swim their way out. Good luck man...

Sadly, I have this vision of myself croaking as a WalMart greeter, when I am well into my 80's... they will be the only retail outlet left it seems.

• 3 weeks later...
sadly we took ourselves down...we f-ed up and never were able to recover. we lost the trust of our customers and were never able to get it back. we were a service industry and lost sight of service. :wallbash::worthy::(:lol::lol:

holy crap does, this really sucks

Sad, but true. The last few times I purchased something there, I did it on line and just picked it up because I could not find someone to help me at the store!

Laid off in January 2006 from what was Nortel. Then after a few months off. I worked on contract for 20 months at Corning (are you seeing the pattern? :lol: ).

They ended my contract in December 2008, and now I just started my third week as a quality manager with a small (25 people) manufacturing company.

Hope I do not bring them down! :wallbash:0:)