Game will not be seen at all?

Frez

Tempe, Tucson, and Scottsdale fans will love it.

The sad truth about this game is there is more interest in the Cardinals beginning to turn their franchise around this year than there is ANY interest in the Bills doing ANYTHING.

The leadership on and off the field have taken this club to the fringes of obscurity.

And they thank us for our support.

Only dish users in the Buffalo market are blacked out.

92607[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I would think. The dish is supposed to let the far-flung (defined as living in a region more than 75 miles beyond the broadcasting - even if it's only a relay like Syracuse - station radius of Ralph Stadium) fans pony up the bucks to watch their hometown team do battle on Sundays.

The blackouts are supposed to effectively make people that close actually go the the stadium to watch the festivities live instead of sitting at home on the compfy sofa with beer and sausage in hand. :)

i.e., No free TV, no pay TV if you live in a blackout region.

I don't know what would be easier - for everyone to move 90 miles out of town, or for the front office to actually build a winning team - which would absolutely fill the stands.

Go Bills!

I will listen to it on my walkman. I really do not mind. I said before the season that his game would not sell out. Unless the Bills are "hot" (or even just not butt-ugly) it is hard to sell 75.5K seats for an Arizona game in this market.

I'll be at the Ralph next week. :)

Tempe, Tucson, and Scottsdale fans will love it.

The sad truth about this game is there is more interest in the Cardinals beginning to turn their franchise around this year than there is ANY interest in the Bills doing ANYTHING.

The leadership on and off the field have taken this club to the fringes of obscurity.

And they thank us for our support.

92598[/snapback]

You're right. Just by sheer numbers, the Bills have one of the smallest fanbases. Combine that with the fact they are the most boring, and possibly least talented team in the league, it's hard to expect any network to waste resources televising them.

The only way yo watch the Bills game on TV:

1. NFL Sunday ticket while living outside the 75 mile blackout area.

2. Local fox broadcast if you live in Arizona.

I'm going with number 1.

Bills will be in HD today for those who can get it.

The only way yo watch the Bills game on TV:

1. NFL Sunday ticket while living outside the 75 mile blackout area.

2. Local fox broadcast if you live in Arizona.

I'm going with number 1.

Bills will be in HD today for those who can get it.

92674[/snapback]

It's a lot worse than that. It goes much further than just 75 miles. B/c of the questionable belief that Syracuse stations cut into that radius, it goes significantly further. I have Sunday Ticket in Ithaca and we get blacked out too b/c we are considered to be in the Syracuse TV market. Thus when Syracuse is blacked out, we are blacked out.

Yeah, that's what I would think. The dish is supposed to let the far-flung (defined as living in a region more than 75 miles beyond the broadcasting - even if it's only a relay like Syracuse - station radius of Ralph Stadium) fans pony up the bucks to watch their hometown team do battle on Sundays.

The blackouts are supposed to effectively make people that close actually go the the stadium to watch the festivities live instead of sitting at home on the compfy sofa with beer and sausage in hand.  ;)

i.e., No free TV, no pay TV if you live in a blackout region.

I don't know what would be easier - for everyone to move 90 miles out of town, or for the front office to actually build a winning team - which would absolutely fill the stands.

Go Bills!

92610[/snapback]

I think the rule is someting more like your zip code when you install your dish. If your zip is outside the 75 miles, your golden!

DTV is the way to go, sorry Cablelady!

It's a lot worse than that. It goes much further than just 75 miles. B/c of the questionable belief that Syracuse stations cut into that radius, it goes significantly further. I have Sunday Ticket in Ithaca and we get blacked out too b/c we are considered to be in the Syracuse TV market. Thus when Syracuse is blacked out, we are blacked out.

92720[/snapback]

Shoots huge hole in my theory that its based on your zip.

The thing I dont get is that the NFL owns the games when you buy NFL Sunday Ticket, not the local stations with coverage. They have the ownership so how doesthe coverage areas have anything to do with it?

Stupid, Ithaca is at least 2.5 hours away!

Im headed to the sports bar!